“What an amazing weekend!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore
Ranked #27 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“What an amazing weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

This staff, hotel, and its amentities are amazing! My boyfriend and I checked in with Troy, who was very professional, and nice. The room was beautiful, up to date, and clean. The reception hour was phenominal, great drinks and great snacks. The sangria was nice. We met Bubba and Sam that night as well, both were great and very welcoming! Sam deserves a raise! Breakfast was delicious every morning, the cook to order omelettes- awesome! The valet person, (younger male) was very nice, and very helpful with things for us to do. He does a great job! We checked out saturday, and were supposed to have stayed in Clearwater for 2 nights, but came back Sunday for our last night in Tampa. The other hotel we stayed at was no comparison. All in all, we had a wonderful stay, I will definitely be staying here again and recommending this location to my friends and family. Thank you so much for your hospitality. It was great to finally meet a staff as wonderful as mine :) You all do a great job!

Room Tip: I loved the balcony we were given!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
LeslieAnnPagan, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Dear Kari Y,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I have shared your comments with our staff. They work very hard to make our guests feel welcome and it is always nice to hear when guests enjoy their time with us. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you visit us again!

FD Supervisor- Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Weeki Wachee, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

My wife and I found ourselves needing a hotel for one night near the Tampa International Airport. A call to Hilton (too expensive) resulted in a referral to the Embassy Suites. This was the second Embassy we have stayed in. They are incredible. HUGE room will full amenties. The manager's cocktail hour is really generous. Name your drink and enjoy appetizers..all free. My wife even got a free chair massage at the cocktail party. The "cooked to order" breakfast is really top shelf. I will only stay at ES when it is available!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear seniorcouple2,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you visit us again!

FD Supervisor- Guest Services
Long Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

The quality and extra room you expect from an Embassy Suites. However, parking: $$$....internet: $$$.... Also, this hotel is right outside Tampa Airport. With that in mind, you would think they might start serving breakfast early for people with 8AM flights....unfortunately not, breakfast starts at 7AM. But, all in all, nice hotel and good value.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
LeslieAnnPagan, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear TPWHITE,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a response. We do appreciate your feedback as this is the only way we know how make our product better for our guests.

Just a little additional information for future stays: We are very close to the airport and we do have a complimentary shuttle to and from as well as it drops off and picks up at any location in a 2 mile radius from the hotel. Breakfast is a little later on the weekends (7am-10:30am), but is earlier on the weekdays (6:30am-9:30am).

Parking is $8 for self-parking and $15 for overnight valet. Internet is complimentary or discounted for Hilton Honors members but there is a general charge for guests.
We hope that you visit us again. Please feel free to contact us before your next trip and let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay better.

Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed here 1 night and it was an amazing Embassy Suites Hotel property. The service was great, the manager’s reception was phenomenal and the breakfast was stellar – I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Free hotel shuttle to and from the Tampa Airport, and they would drive to a restaurant in the area for dinner. Hotel pool and workout facilities were beautiful – seemed a little disjointed because they were across the parking lot – but they were still top notch. I got a migraine that night and did not have my medication with me, asked the front desk for sinus migraine pills and sprite had the pills & the pop within minutes – truly great hotel experience – Loved it!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
LeslieAnnPagan, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Elizabeth M,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a response. I am very glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable time with us.

We hope that you visit us again. By the way, very cute profile picture!

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites by the Tampa Airport for two nights prior to a cruise. There were great things about it, but it missed the mark of perfection.

The room was big (it is a suite) and if I was staying longer that would have been a nice feature. But it did feel a bit old and out-dated and bland. The bed was firm and comfortable.

I also never like paying for parking when I'm already paying for a room. The self-parking was $8. Valet parking was more. I also don't like paying for wi-fi. It was free on my phone, since I am an AT&T customer, but I couldn't use it on my iPad. I would have had to pay for that. But, there is a business center that can be used for free, which came in handy for the wife and I, as we definitely needed a regular computer while we were there.

We went to a manager's reception and got some free beers and free booze (the cheap variety), and I left a tip. It's only fair. They also had some snacks like crackers and dip, some trail mix and some gummy bears. A few other snacks would have been nice. They have the manager's reception every night. There are televisions in there so you can watch sports, but they are so high up on the wall that it is a bit awkward when you're sitting down. They really need to be moved down about five feet.

There was a free breakfast where they would make you omelets, plus they had more than the typical free breakfast. We went twice.The problem was, it just wasn't very good. The omelet tasted like it was loaded with grease. The potatoes also tasted like they were soaked in grease. I ended up eating oatmeal, which I never eat, but it seemed the safest. So, the free breakfast is a great option, but it would be nice if it was executed a bit better.

The location is great to the airport and it is close enough to stores and restaurants that you can walk or drive and find what you need. I stayed here on a great deal through Priceline bidding, but I wouldn't have wanted to pay regular full price.

It was good, but it could have been great, and I think the changes are things they could make if they really wanted.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear mauiwolf,

Oxford, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed one night while in Tampa. The best part was the complimentary chair massage offerred at the Managers Reception. I had wanted to relax in the hot tub, but this property (unlike the other Embassy Suites i have stayed at) does not have this feature. By the way the massageis only offerred on Tuesdays according to the sign in the Lobby. The room was large with a separate kitchen and the refrigerator was cold (don't find that nearly often enough), but musty smelling. After lowering the temperature to 68 degrees, the musty smell went away, but there was still an odor in the room, possibly from the new carpet, that made my sinuses go haywire! Didn't sleep too well because of that. And as stated in another review, the TV was maddeningly slow! Room was clean, but bath/shower combo needed updating. Tried to take a bath to relax, but water came out very slowly - took a long time for tub to fill. After a sleepless night due to the smell that did not agree with my sinuses, in the morning hit the gym. Equipment was new, but limited. 3 treadmills and 2 ellipticals and 1 bike. Free weights, weight machine. No mats for any floor exercises. Did have assortment of kettle balls. Complimentary breakfast ok. Made to order omelet okay. Valet parking although $15 per day was worth it, because the valet parking lot was right by the lobby and never had to wait more than 2 minutes for my car. Staff was pleasant but the rooms are sub par and I would not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
LeslieAnnPagan, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear 24Cruzin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sad to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. As described in your comments, we do have a fitness center, complimentary massages 1-2 nights a week during manager's reception and a full breakfast. We do have a hot tub outside by our pool but not in each of our suites. If there is anything I can do to make it up to you for not having as pleasant an experience as you had hoped, please feel free to contact me.

Front Office Supervisor- Guest Service
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

There were 12 of us that stayed 2 nights while awaiting our cruise ship departure. This hotel is modern and accommodating. Pool is pretty and clean. Breakfast buffet is wonderful with fresh made omelets if you so choose. Close proximity to both malls with a wonderful selection of places to eat and the hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. Everyone at the hotel went above and beyond. Almost felt as if I were in a resort! Would not hesitate to stay here again. Don't miss the managers special from 5:30 to 7:30 every night with open bar and snacks. I enjoyed my 2 night stay here more than the cruise that followed (seriously).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear aprila220,

Thanks so much for your posting. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you return to visit soon!

Front Office Supervisor- Guest Service