“Friendly close to AP and great restaurants”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore
Ranked #27 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Durham, North Carolina
“Friendly close to AP and great restaurants”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This has been go to place whenever we are in Tampa to visit family. The entire staff is very helpful and friendly. The van service within a mile (maybe 2) is fast and punctual. They will take you and pick you. We used it to go to Donnatelos, please see my review on that great restaurant.
Bar prices are very reasonable if you miss the Managers happy hour. The buffet breakfast was a little off this visit but still good. We can recommend this Embassy suite as a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob K
KevinVarr, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Dear Bob K.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your last visit with us. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to your next visit! If you have a few moments please e-mail me regarding your breakfast experience. We would like to know what we could have done better.

Happy Holidays!

Kevin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Our family of five stayed here for one night before cruising out of the Port of Tampa. No one had any complaints. The complimentary airport shuttle was already at ground transportation so we didn't have to wait for pickup. The check-in at the hotel took all of 5minutes. I was surprised to learn I was the guest of the day so I got free wi-fi, a box of chocolates and free valet parking( didn't drive.)
The room was big enough to satisfy all sleeping arrangements. Our room had two tvs so everyone could watch what they wanted. We ordered from some pizza place that's advertised in the hotel book. I think it was called Westshore pizza. The pizza was gigantic! I hated we didn't eat anywhere close to all of it. Very filling and worth the money. The only down thing was there were no plates, cups (other than 2 coffee cups) so once the food got there we were looking for something to eat on and drink out of.
We called to ask for more towels and they were knocking on our door within 5mins of the phone call (nice!) There was also a follow-up call to make sure we had gotten the items requested. The sleep was great and had us ready for our next day.
The breakfast in the morning was very filling. The breakfast area also had plenty of items to chose from and plenty of places to sit down and eat. Most breakfast hotels don't have enough sitting areas.
There was a gas station, shopping mall, bank, movie theater and plenty more things all within walking distance. The pool looked tempting but we didn't really have enough time to indulge. I remember staying at this same place in maybe 2003 pre-cruise also. It left a lasting impression. The only thing is that the ride to the cruise port is not included in a nightly room rate. A taxi ride from hotel to cruise port and cruise port back to airport is $25.00 per direction. The hotel can arrange a cruise shuttle for $10 a person (if traveling with only 2 people it saves you a few dollars.)
I attached a few pics. Email me if you have any question.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LAFRAGIA
Dear Lafragia:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We hope you enjoyed your cruise and look forward to your next visit.

Happy Holidays!

Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The 2 bedroom suite is huge with a full kitchen. The buffet breakfast was very good. We especially enjoyed the omelette station. The hotel is very clean and modern. My only suggestion would be to include dishes and cookware with the suites. We would have used the kitchen more if we had things to cook with. We will definitely plan another trip to stay at the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank mirby410
KevinVarr, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 8 December 2012
Dear mirby410,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit with us! We are happy to hear that the extra space of our two bedroom suite helped to make your stay more comfortable. Prior to your next visit please contact me directly and I will ensure that the proper cookware is waiting in your suite.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I travel alot for a living, so I have the chance to stay at hotels all over the U.S. This hotel was clean, quiet, and in a great location (close to everything ie. restaurants, movie theater, etc.). The complimentary breakfast had a lot to choose from and the Manager's reception has a great Happy Hour. I would definetely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Dante' B
LeslieAnnPagan, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Dear Dante' B,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you would love to visit us again. This area is great for travelers on vacation as well as on business. There is a lot to do and a great variety of food options in the area and for those that want to stay in, our restaurant has great food as well.

Thanks so much again and we hope to see you soon.

Holland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I depend on everyones reviews and I always post my reviews after a stay. I want to mention this Hotel was awesome, my Husband, my Adult Son and myself were very happy. We were there visiting my other Adult Son who lives in Tampa. The hotel is a bit older but well kept up, very clean. We had the 2 bedroom suite on the 16th floor and it was very large and handled all our needs. The breakfast was great, the managers reception every night was a blast, the staff were very friendly and the "shuttle" took us where we wanted to go. It was close to shopping, restaurants, bars and if not just take the shuttle. We did not use the kitchen in our room and did not use the pool. The pool area was very large and clean, just did not have enough time. I would recommend this place to anyone and I will go back. As I mentioned I depend on reviews and I would not give this place a good review if it was not worth it. We had a chance to stay on the bay, but I think choosing this Hotel was the way to go. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not have a slider door that no longer is being used. You will hear the nois...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SuemHolland_Ohio
Dear SuemHolland_Ohio,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of your stay with us. We definitely appreciate all the kind words. I am glad that you mentioned our 2 bedroom suite. It is a wonderful choice for families vacationing or even multi-family stays.

For those that have not visited us, the suite SuemHolland_Ohio mentioned has 2 full bedrooms, each with their own bathrooms. One has one bed and the other bedroom has two beds. Of course, there is also a pull out sofa in the living room. Each bedroom and the living room also have their own televisions. The suite also has a full kitchen with a stove and tall fridge. The suite takes the entire end of the floor and has three different views.

Thanks so much again and we hope to see you soon.

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed for a soccer tournament and the place was overrun with players and their families. Suffice to say, anyone not staying for that reason could have had a completely different experience. We were greeted immediately by a friendly valet, immediately followed by a courteous, efficient and friendly front desk employee. In fact, the entire weekend all the employees we interacted with including the breakfast host, the omelet maker and the housekeeping staff were extremely pleasant. The pool was nice (outside, but heated) and while I didn't get a chance to try out the fitness room, it appeared to be well equipped. The breakfast buffet was large, offered a tremendous variety of choices and even with all the tournament attendees, never felt super crowded. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Overall, I was very happy with our stay there.

Room Tip: If you like a view and a sunrise, ask for a room that faces downtown Tampa.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sseaton68
LeslieAnnPagan, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Dear sseaton68,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. Your group definitly kept us busy with all the young and spirited youth, but we had a great time with all of you. It is always nice to see young people so excited about sports. I am happy to read you enjoyed your time and we hope you return to stay with us again.

North Liberty, Iowa
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The suites were very spacious and the staff was attentive and helpful. The meeting rooms were fairly basic, but well managed. The included breakfast was very nice with hot entrees and an omlete station. The managers reception was fantastic!
Close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Jake1490,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. We hope that you enjoyed your time with us and that you visit us again soon.