“Everything but clean towels....”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore
Ranked #31 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 4 January 2013

So, right before Christmas 2012 I stayed at the Embassy suites for business. I will say that I was not expecting it to be as welcoming as it was. Located within walking distance of decent food, a free shuttle (provided by the hotel) to the airport that is less than 10 mins away, and is near an almost 4 star mall (considering there is a Saks 5th anchor) I'd say that this spot was a perfect spot to stay for business or relaxation.... Perhaps not so much a family environment, and I would know with 5 of our own little ones at home!!!!! Myself and two other company trainees were set up in one suite on the seventh floor and To sum it up: plenty of hot water, no noise at all, breakfast buffet was fresh and delicious, and the staff was attentive. Only drawback was on two occasions we came back to a completely clean room with no towels....... Who does that?? So it was handled immediately, but handled twice, no less.... But other than that, no much else to complain about! It was a very comfortable home away from home during my 5 day training in Tampa. Also, the lobby smelt wonderful! Loved the decor; very modern, open, and clean. Also used the business center, where I printed my boarding passes and sent quite a few emails from comfortably!

• Stayed: December 2012
KevinVarr, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear SmileAndNod,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to know that our location and service made for a comfortable stay during your training. I want to apologize for the lack of towels on two of your daily services. I have addressed your comments with our housekeeping team so that we can prevent a similar experience in the future.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit!

Best regards,

Kevin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Great Hotel! Employees were friendly and polite. The rooms are clean, quiet, comfortable and very LARGE! Location is convenient to shopping and the airport. The pool is located outside and you do have to cross the front parking lot to access but it was clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
LeslieAnnPagan, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Charlene M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. The team here is happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and they helped in making you feel welcome. We hope you visit us again soon.

Leslis-Ann Pagan
Front Offcie Supervisor- Guest Services

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Recently stayed there for a business trip.
Loved their happy hour (free food and drinks!) and hot & yummy breakfast (white omelet was awesome).
Very close to the mall and the airport.
Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Sunzinha,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the feedback and the compliments. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we hope you visit us again soon.

Leslie-Ann Pagan
Front Office Supervisor- Guest Services

Reviewed 1 January 2013

When we arrived at the hotel after a very long drive, we did not expect it to be a hassle to park the car and check-in...but it was. There was only one person at the front desk and we waited about 10 minutes for him to help us. He said we had to see the valet to self-park in the garage. Another 10 minute wait for the one valet to show up. Did not understand why the front desk could not handle this, as the parking fee was billed to our room. The valet informed us there was no elevator in the garage, so we had to unload everything out of the car right then in front of the entrance. We had both luggage and Christmas gifts. My husband then went to park the car (he later said there were only a couple of tight spaces left, and that the stairwell he had used was really filthy), while the (college-aged) kids and me went up to the room on the 6th floor. The room card did not work. Went back down to the front desk and waited again. The clerk reprogrammed the card, but we could still not get it to work. My husband finally arrived at the room and we were able to get his card to work, with much effort. It took us at least 30 minutes to get in the room from the time we drove up to the hotel. We were suppose to have a pool view, but could barely see the pool. The room was nice, but they only gave us enough towels for 2 people. So we went back down to front desk again to get supplies. At this point we were really tired of making the trek to the front desk, and I am sure he wasn't thrilled to see us either. The breakfast was good (but there were no pastries) and the breakfast staff were very nice. Overall it was NOT a relaxing stay, however.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
KevinVarr, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear Debbie G:

I want to apologize for your overall arrival experience during your recent visit with us. Your feedback is so important in what we do each day. I want to assure you that your experience was an isolated event and we will strive to ensure that your experience is not repeated in the future. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and the service provided by our food and beverage team.

We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

If I can be of further assistance in anyway please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites. Service was wonderful, especially at the manager's reception. Food was great at Lounge 555 (especially the Everglade Bites). Rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The new renovations were great. We will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone we know visiting the Tampa area.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear PioneerFB,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit with us! The team is happy to know that you enjoyed the service that we provided during your stay. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Wouldn't go back for an extended stay in Tampa , but if you want to be near the airport it is extremely convenient. I am warning it is very noisy with the planes taking off all day long. There is a pool outside which is o.k.. and a good workout facility. It is located right across from a large mall. We ate dinner at the Seasons 52 restaurant located outside the mall and a short walk from hotel which was was very good.I would not suggest this hotel for a family.

Room Tip: The windows in this hotel are old and drafty. You can't escape the airplanes.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
KevinVarr, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

Dear Sharon O,

Thank you for recent visit with us and taking the time to write a review. I want to apologize for the jet noise that you experienced during your stay. The majority of the time we are very fortunate that take offs and landings do not take place over the Westshore area from runways 1R and 19L. This is the runway closest to the hotel. Infrequently during busy holiday periods, bad weather and when the main runway is closed we unfortunately experience these close encounters. I was happy see that you had the chance to enjoy some of our amenities and explore the local area.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a Very Happy New Year!

Reviewed 23 December 2012

I recently stayed at the ES on Westshore on business. The hotel has been newly renovated since my last vist there, and they have done a great job.

In addition to the two room suite they have added a small kitchen area. They also have spruced the rooms up, and made the front suite living room larger. The gym has been upgraded too. I was able to get a good workout in after a long day of traveling.

The afternoon managers reception serves top shelf liquor and they have a variety of snacks. The staff there are all friendly, and helpful. The hotel is located near shopping and restaurants many within walking distance. I really like what they have done with the renovations. I will stay there next time I'm there on business

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
KevinVarr, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear guestspeakers:

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your recent business stay with us! We are happy to know that the service and amenities that we offer made for a productive visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Happy New Year!