“My favorite hotel in Tampa”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore
Ranked #28 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Springfield, United States
“My favorite hotel in Tampa”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Excellent and extremely professional staff. The front desk personnel are great. The bartenders went out of the way to provide superb service during the manager's reception. Perfect location with access to great restaurants, mall, and airport. One minute from highway leading to Tampa, St. Petersburg, and the beaches. less than ten minutes from Ibor City.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Ivan N,

Thank you for your kind review or our hotel and staff on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business greatly.

We hope that we will be seeing you back again very soon.

Roger.Brown@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Talk about efficeint - I walked up to the check-in counter and they had my room key, thanked me for being a member, quick run down on times for breakfast and manager's reception and sent me on my way. All done in about 2 minutes! Perfect! The room was HUGE! Nice kitchen area and seperate bedroom and bathroom. Felt like an apartment rather than a hotel room. Staff was very friendly and the valet actually ran for my car! What a great team there.

Dear Scott R,

Thank your for your excellent review of your recent stay with us in Tampa. We appreciate your business greatly and are pleased that our team and hotel exceeded your expectations during your stay here.

Please contact me at any time if you have need for future reservations here with us. We would love to have you back again soon.

Port St Lucie, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The lobby had a strong sulfuric smell like sewage. As a smoker, I expect the room to smell as fresh as my home. I do not allow the smoke odor to impregnate throughout the room. Most hotels of distinction like Trump, Homewood Suites and Hampton Inns run ozone machines to neutralize odors. Would you believe we were charged for parking?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Diego G.

Thank you for taking your time out to write about your recent stay with us in TripAdvisor. We value your feedback greatly and will utilize your comments to help us to improve. We do actually have an Ozonator in each smoking suite as well as one in the guest corridor surrounding our few remaining smoking suites. I will get with our chief engineer to ensure that they are fully functioning to minimize smoke odors moving forward. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered here.

I also have my Chief investigating the smell you spoke of in the lobby area. A few times but very rarely our water feature seems to get out of balance causing an odor here. We are trying to investigate when this happens and if the city is doing anything different during these times that would effect this area. Thank you again for pointing out these issues and we will work hard to eliminate them moving forward.

We do have a third party that runs our hotel's parking area and Valet service.

If I may ever be of any future assistance to you here please feel free to contact me personally for any reservations needs.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for business travel. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bar and restaurant staff was awesome. The location is perfect if you have business on both sides of Tampa Bay, as the hotel is centrally located between downtown Tampa, St Petersburg and Clearwater with easy interstate access.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Gregory M.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Embassy Suites Tampa Westshore. We value your business and appreciate your excellent review of your experience on TripAdvisor. We believe we have an excellent team here to service our guests and find our location to be extremely convenient to many of Tampa Bay's attractions.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if I may be of any assistance to you here.

Sioux Falls
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great location, close to lots of food choices, clean hotel, great Manager Reception. Free alcohol, free appetizer, great for mingling. Really enjoyed the suite, having a living room separate from the bedroom.

Dear Geoffrey V.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in Tampa. We value your business greatly and truly appreciate you for taking your time out to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

If I may ever be of any assistance to you in regard to future reservations please feel free to contact me personally.

Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel on a business trip. The location was convenient as it was directly across the street from a large mall and had plenty of restaurants and good fast food places nearby. It was also not far off of I295 which made for easy access. The service was great - from all the hotel employees I dealt with. Property is older but is in good condition and has been well maintained. My room had a full kitchen and living area wtih the bedroom in a separate room.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Sandra K,

Thank you for your response in TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking your time out to write about your stay with us in Tampa. Thank you as well for the kind words about our hotel, it's location and most importantly our staff.

We appreciate your business and hope to have you back with us again soon. If I may ever be of assistance with a future reservation please feel free to contact me at any point.

Florida, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for several years. It has always been a great stay. One of the best ever and a great location. The complimentary hotel reception is a great time. Alcohol beverages as well as non-alcohol are free and there is plenty of finger food. I am always amazed at the number of people that show up. Great time and you don't even need to leave. However, if you do the hotel staff can direct you where to go. The international mall is less than five minutes away.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
“Dear Thomas W,

Thank you so much for taking your time out to write about us in TripAdvisor we appreciate your business and feedback a great deal. If I may ever be of personal assistance to you here please feel free to contact me at any time.