Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #30 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel was everything an Embassy Suites usually is... clean, well maintained, good breakfast, nice evening reception. What stood out here was the staff. Alexis at the front desk was outstanding from the moment we checked in to the morning that we left. We had a lot of requests and questions, but she met each one with a smile. You exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: The fold out couches are good for smaller children... don't count on using them for adults/teens
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 4 star review!

We are proud of Alexis and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Scott Selvaggi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My family held a wedding at this very busy, sold-out hotel December 6-8, 2013.
While Embassy Suites offer a complimentary breakfast every morning, the breakfasts this weekend were tasty, fresh and abundant. I would pay $20 for a breakfast like this. BUT..the true highlight was one of the servers/waitresses Gloria Calienes. Gloria was ALWAYS smiling, helpful and when items were running low (including chairs as there was a large school group staying at the hotel as well) she was there to make everything good - with a broad smile. The whole family commented to each other every morning how great she was and we all planned to send a review like this so the Embassy Suites commends her for her excellence!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Gloria our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Very nice place to stay. The personnel friendly, helpful and understand customer needs. The location is perfect for attractions and near location to downtown Tampa. I would refer any clients to visit and stay in Embassy Suites near Bush Garden. Great job...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have stayed in many Embassy Suites. I have "never" been disappointed with their value, service, cleanliness and comfort. Staff are always friendly and courteous I recommend any Embassy Suite location

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We were on a road trip with our three kids. We stayed at the hotel I order to visit MOSI and the Dali museum on our way down to Naples. The room was very large and comfortable. Breakfast was good. There are various restaurants near by. The lobby was spacious and visually appealing.

Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not up to the normal standards of an Embassy Suites nor any other Hilton family hotel. Rooms are very dated from the dirty popcorn ceilings to the worn furnishings to the dirty and dated bathrooms. There is also an odor we couldn't place when the AC kicks on. If this were a budget brand hotel I guess it would be acceptable but it's not. We stayed on the 'Premium' 8th floor which includes a sign at the elevator to tell you it's exclusive and an empty courtesy bar where you can help yourself to drinks and snacks except that it's always empty. If you notify the desk of this they say they'll let the manager know yet it remains empty. Probably not worth paying the fee to upgrade for a sign and empty bar. The carpets in the lobby are not worn or stained but look to have not been vacuumed in a while. The manager reception area seemed unclean also. There were no bell carts available at check nor when I checked again 20 minutes later. There was no offer to call the room when a cart was available, I was told I would wait at registration until someone brought one back. The was a HHonors reward stay or we would have checked out and stayed elsewhere. Avoid this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a review.

I will use your comments so we may improve our quality and service levels.

Please contact me directly if your travels take you to Tampa Bay. I would love a second chance to show you how we typically exceed expectations. Your experience matters to me and I would like to make it right for your next visit.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Very nice hotel overall. I would stay here again but will eat elsewhere next time. The waffles and French toast were hard and cold, and there wasn't a lot of variety. I liked the make your own omelette station though. I also didn't like the pillows, they were too flat, and the pull out bed was very thin and I felt the bar in my back all night. We also had a toilet clog twice, a room phone with a broken jack and dead batteries in the tv remote, but overall, it served its purpose for our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

I will share your feedback with them so we may improve our quality and service standards as well.