“Room updating needed”

Ranked #26 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Hingham, ma.
“Room updating needed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I see most of the reviews are very good. Maybe I just had a bad room. The good: nice happy hour and breakfast, the outdoor pool and hot tub were fine, we had dinner at the restaurant and it was good. The overall hotel property was fine. The not so good : the room was in need of updating, the carpet seemed dirty and moldy ( had to keep my shoes on ), the loud clunky ventilation system was hot and cold and kept me up most of the night and the bathroom shower was chipping and in bad shape. I used to think embassy suites were a very good brand. I now realize you need to evaluate each hotel... Not just the brand. I rarely give bad reviews however this was my experience.

Stayed April 2014
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a review. I truly appreciate your feedback.

I apologize your room was not up to par. This is not the product we strive to deliver.

Please contact me if you wish to share any additional thoughts.

Scott Selvaggi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I work on USF campus and enjoy getting lunch at Embassy Suites Hotel. The buffet at Mangroves offers great food for a great price!! Also, hostess Marie is very friendly and always a pleasure to see. I will be back soon!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review! I truly appreciate your feedback.

We are proud of Marie and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

We hope you choose us again when celebrating!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was a very informative lunch that showcased the food options and an update on all of event spaces - Steve, Joyce, Lee and Scott were very attentive to our concerns of a State University and our budgets. Offered many options of how to best plan our events and what they have to offer. Definately a win win luncheon.. Thank you Embassy Suites,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of Joyce, Steve, Lee and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Thank you for joining us and sharing your feedback!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Thank you for the delicious lunch. Your servers went beyond what was expected when attending to our needs.
We were overwhelmed by the extent your staff had gone to decorate the Gallery facilities. Everything was so beautiful.
We received many comments from those who were at the party that the food was delectable and the service was outstanding.
Thank you so much Sarah. It is self evident the pride you have in your work accomplished the best celebration we've ever had
Please extend our utmost gratitude to your staff and all others involved.
Gratefully yours,
Gerald and Ana Johnson

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gerald J
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of Sara and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

We hope you choose us again when celebrating!

Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I travel to a lot of hotels in the course of my job, and most of them wind up pretty meh. Only two hotels stand out in my mind. The Westin in Long Beach and this one. Great room, wonderful staff, loved the food, the complimentary happy hour, how pretty and open the place was. Overall, it made a long, stressful weekend much more relaxing than it would have been otherwise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

We hope you choose us again when visiting Tampa Bay!

oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

chose this hotel because of its proximity to Busch and found it fullymet our expectations of a good service hotel very close to Busch and provided us with a good nights sleep also for my son who had a party of 5 all in one suite

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

We hope you choose us again when visiting Tampa Bay!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel at least three times over the past year and have never been disappointed. The service is excellent, and they exceeded expectations this time. The breakfast was delicious but offered no gluten free cereals nor natural yogurt. We discussed this will Lee, the on-site manager and the general manager. By noon the first day a box of gluten free cereal was delivered to our room and the next morning there was natural yogurt offered for breakfast. The staff went out of their way to meet the needs of guests with food intolerances. We have always enjoyed staying here and will continue to do so over the next three years while our daughter attends USF.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud of Lee and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

We hope you choose us again when visiting USF!