“Banquet Staff Flexibility and Professionalism”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #30 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I would like to say, "Thank you" to Janet in Banquets for being so flexible and professional during a situation which could have been very challenging. On Monday, June 2nd I facilitated a seminar at the Embassy Suites.

Upon my arrival I realized the number of participants signed up to attend the seminar far outnumbered the tables and chairs set up in the meeting room. Further, the room was unable to be expanded and was already "maxed" out given the number of tables and chairs set up for the seminar.

Janet was very professional and demonstrated flexibility by offering to move the seminar to an alternate room and quickly set up another meeting area. I am very impressed because in my experience I have witnessed banquet staff become very defensive and difficult to work with in situations similar to this one. She recognized the coordination of these events take place in the negotiations between meeting planners and the sales office and the banquet staff and me as a trainer are caught in the middle.

She made my role as a seminar leader much easier and I appreciate her maturity and professionalism.

Best Regards,

Bruce E. Mow
Seminar Leader

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Bruce Mow.,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Janet and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

I am very happy you enjoyed your meeting experience with us.

Scott Selvaggi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

In early May, I used the Embassy Suites as our Host Hotel during the AAC Outdoor Track & Field Championship (hosted by USF). The service and amenities our group received was outstanding! Jennifer from the Sales Staff and Ermy from reservations especially did a nice job in making sure details were covered and our guests were taken care of. For a group that consisted of over 550 room nights, it was especially important to me that everything went smoothly!! Congrats to the Embassy Suites, and I will look forward to bringing my next group to this property!
Jim Fee
Assoc AD, USF Athletics

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jim Fee,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Jennifer, Ermy and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Thank you for being a great partner.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel itself, is a typical embassy suites. Nice atrium, happy hour and full breakfast with a nice variety of foods. The rooms are a little old and similar to probably every embassy around the country. What was special was the service from the front desk and especially from Dave from the Bell Staff. I mentioned to them that the maid had discarded a pastry we had saved and he went out of his way to go out to the store and to buy us another one. He put it in our refrigerator and left us a nice note. This far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Philpoo,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 4 star review!

We are proud of Dave and our entire team and I will share your comments with them. Thank you for sharing a great customer service story.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a first class stay at the Embassy Suites on my recent trip to Tampa for medical appointments. The staff is ever offering help, items, services and just stopping to chat and make you feel at home. The hotel was beautifully decorated and extremely clean, things to make anyone enjoy their visit. Our suite was well appointed, lacking nothing and with very a very comfortable bed and good air conditioning. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and also breakfast and found the food to be reasonable and delicious. The breakfast was complimentary of course and had so much to offer that I doubt you'd ever think of anything else that you would want to eat. Great stay in a beautiful hotel...will be back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear barbarac.,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My mother is staying at the hotel on her birthday and I called to see if I could order something special to be delivered to her room to celebrate. I had the wonderful fortune to be forwarded to Leslie Ciccarello, the Restaurant Manager. She went above and beyond the call and provided the best service I have ever received from any hotel in the past. I was amazed at her willingness to help and her generous nature. Thank you Leslie!! I know my mother will be thrilled with your surprise and I will never forget you or your hotel. You made a tremendous impression!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Diana H.,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Leslie and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Overall not a bad hotel. Very close to USF and Busch Gardens. Staff is friendly and courteous and responsive to problems. Any time I asked they were ready to help. Rooms are a little dated; the wear and tear is starting to show, with the furniture and infrastructure. Spacious rooms, free happy hour, also a free cooked to order breakfast every morning, that always makes for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael L.,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a review.

I will share your comments with my team. Thank you for your honest feedback. We continually look for ways to improve our product and service.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the Embassy Suites at USF on Spectrum Drive. I have stayed at Embassy Suites all over the USA and Canada and this one was good. This time, it was for a family reuion. The hotel hosted a large Indian style wedding while we were there also, with no slack in service. Access in and out of the hotel onto Fowler Avenie was easy. The Museum of Science and Industry is right down the street, as well as Busch Gardens being only 3-blocks away. The hotel's outside facilites were clean and there was plenty of parking. Inside, my wife and I was greeeted with a smile from the Registrar and given a gift pack upon check-in. The hotel provided excellent sandwich trays fo rthe family's hospitality room. The buffet breakfast was outstanding. The omlette chefs prepares your food to order with a smile. Food selection of vegetables, fruits, and meats was great. The Manager's Reception was held evry day and not just during the week. Free mixed drinks were prepared by a bartender who knew what he was doing, (Almost everyone left him a tip because of the good service). Food for the Banquet Dinner consisted of two meat selctions and plenty of vegetables and other dishes. The food had a good taste, unlike some hotel dinnners. The rooms were clean. There were some spots under the of the commode rim when I arrived, but the maid cleaned them out. Housekeeping also checked to make sure you had enough towels for your room. Finally and most importantly for Florida, the Air Conditioning unit worked fine and was not noisy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a large meeting or fmily get together.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Larry J.,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

I thank you so much for being specific as to your experience with our hotel.

We hope you choose us again!