“Food and conference services EXCELLENT! Sleeping rooms and check-in/reservations, not so much.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #30 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This has been our 13th year of hosting a multi-day event at the Embassy Suites Hotel-USF. Conference facilities are acceptable. Hotel rooms and the entire reservation/check-in process is subpar - there seems to be a lack of communication between event planning and the "front desk" or, the "front desk" is simply lacking in customer service skills.

HOWEVER, I have a very positive comment regarding banquet services - Steve Amatrading, the banquet manager at the hotel is OUTSTANDING!!! And his staff are exceptionally easy to deal with - responsive, helpful, friendly, etc. The food prepared by the banquet staff is, and has always been, tremendous. Serious kudos to Steve and his staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 4 star review!

We are proud of Steve and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your reservation/check-in process. I will share with my front office team so we may improve upon this service.

Scott Selvaggi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,825)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I can not express in words how please I was over my event on may 18th 2014, Vilderson Lafontant and Timothy was the best ever, Embassy suite have gain so much trust and loyalty from me, because of my experience on 5/18/14, everything was will taken care of and in place I didn't have to lift a finger to do anything, everything was done in descent and in order, and whenever I have another gathering embassy suite will be my first option. I love the atmosphere and the work and afford put in to make this event one to remember.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Felicia M,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Vilderson, Timothy, and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Thank you for sharing a great customer service story.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Would stay here again on this beautifully situated campus of the University of Southern Florida, near Bush Gardens and close to Tampa downtown. The lay-out of the hotel with the large atrium centrally and the rooms off a walk way around this, is very pleasing and makes the rooms quiet, even if there is activity on the main floor down below.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Dirk V,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I would like to say, "Thank you" to Janet in Banquets for being so flexible and professional during a situation which could have been very challenging. On Monday, June 2nd I facilitated a seminar at the Embassy Suites.

Upon my arrival I realized the number of participants signed up to attend the seminar far outnumbered the tables and chairs set up in the meeting room. Further, the room was unable to be expanded and was already "maxed" out given the number of tables and chairs set up for the seminar.

Janet was very professional and demonstrated flexibility by offering to move the seminar to an alternate room and quickly set up another meeting area. I am very impressed because in my experience I have witnessed banquet staff become very defensive and difficult to work with in situations similar to this one. She recognized the coordination of these events take place in the negotiations between meeting planners and the sales office and the banquet staff and me as a trainer are caught in the middle.

She made my role as a seminar leader much easier and I appreciate her maturity and professionalism.

Best Regards,

Bruce E. Mow
Seminar Leader

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Bruce Mow.,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Janet and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

I am very happy you enjoyed your meeting experience with us.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

In early May, I used the Embassy Suites as our Host Hotel during the AAC Outdoor Track & Field Championship (hosted by USF). The service and amenities our group received was outstanding! Jennifer from the Sales Staff and Ermy from reservations especially did a nice job in making sure details were covered and our guests were taken care of. For a group that consisted of over 550 room nights, it was especially important to me that everything went smoothly!! Congrats to the Embassy Suites, and I will look forward to bringing my next group to this property!
Jim Fee
Assoc AD, USF Athletics

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jim Fee,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of Jennifer, Ermy and our entire team and I will share your comments with them.

Thank you for being a great partner.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel itself, is a typical embassy suites. Nice atrium, happy hour and full breakfast with a nice variety of foods. The rooms are a little old and similar to probably every embassy around the country. What was special was the service from the front desk and especially from Dave from the Bell Staff. I mentioned to them that the maid had discarded a pastry we had saved and he went out of his way to go out to the store and to buy us another one. He put it in our refrigerator and left us a nice note. This far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ScottSelvaggi, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Philpoo,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 4 star review!

We are proud of Dave and our entire team and I will share your comments with them. Thank you for sharing a great customer service story.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a first class stay at the Embassy Suites on my recent trip to Tampa for medical appointments. The staff is ever offering help, items, services and just stopping to chat and make you feel at home. The hotel was beautifully decorated and extremely clean, things to make anyone enjoy their visit. Our suite was well appointed, lacking nothing and with very a very comfortable bed and good air conditioning. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and also breakfast and found the food to be reasonable and delicious. The breakfast was complimentary of course and had so much to offer that I doubt you'd ever think of anything else that you would want to eat. Great stay in a beautiful hotel...will be back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear barbarac.,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review!

We are proud of our entire team and I will share your comments with them. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.