My Partner and I were on an extended holiday to Orlando but took a couple of days out to visit Busch Gardens & Tampa area.
The Embassy Suites was on our 'Hotel List' as a probable place to stay in Tampa and as we were staying on I-Drive in Orlando, decided to 'pop in' to the Embassy Suites there to check on availability in Tampa. Receptionist there was most helpful and booked us in to Tampa there and then, a most excellent service.
We arrived in Tampa early (around 2:00pm) and despite the Hotel being quite busy (there were a number of functions in progress at various locations throughout the Hotel) we were attended to immediately and were checked in and given our suite with no problem. The reception staff were quite attentive and helpful which was most appreciated. First impression of the Hotel was Wow....very nice, well cared for and maintained.
The Suite itself was a joy, nicely furnished, very roomy and most comfortable. Everything (and more) that was needed for a comfortable stay was provided. The only 'niggle' I had was the fact that most of the lighting was provided with lamps of the 'energy saving variety' (...Bah!) which led to the rooms being quite dimly lit which, admittedly was only a minor inconvenience. Even with all of the activity that was going on within the Hotel, the Suite itself was remarkably quiet and restful.
Although we didn't use all of the facilities the Hotel had to offer, we did use the restaurant which served a varied menu and the food was excellent.
Initially, we thought that the price we were paying for our stay ($300 including taxes) was a shade expensive but taking into account the free breakfasts plus the free 'Managers Reception' 2 hours in the bar, it worked out very similar to the price we were paying for our Hotel on I-Drive (which wasn't quite as luxurious).
My partner, who is unable to walk too far, uses a mobility scooter to get around and we had no problems regarding the use of this in the Hotel or our Suite. They even loaded it into the shuttle for us and took us to Busch Gardens and when we were ready to return, picked us up at the entrance and took us back to the Hotel. This, for us, was a big plus as it saved us the hassle of loading up the car, driving and parking at Busch. (Yet another saving).
I didn't find any problem with the Wi-Fi setup. I took my laptop to the business center, logged in (free) and thereafter found that I could still use it anywhere in the hotel or suite. As I was using it to keep in touch with family and friends, this was an easy (and free) way to send e-mails and photos back home.
All in all, a most enjoyable and stress free stay in a nice Hotel with friendly and helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Tampa- USF/Near Busch Gardens is located less than 2 miles from major Tampa attractions including Busch Gardens, University of South Florida and the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI). Our guests start their day with a free made-to-order breakfast and end the evening with our complimentary Evening Reception with snacks and drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Tampa
- Embassy Busch Gardens Suites
- Tampa Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens Florida