I should start by saying, I had no plans to stay at this hotel. I was booked into the Marriott Waterfront (see my review on that hotel) and at the last minute, was informed that the Marriott could not honor the reservation for the first night. The Marriott booked me into this hotel instead. That said, this hotel was very nice. It is a little older but well maintained. Rooms were comfortable and quiet. It has a free shuttle that will take you anywhere in a two mile radius, which includes the Tampa Bay Times Forum and the Convention Center. It is in the "arts" district so within walking distance of the theater and the library. I particularly enjoyed the lack of "extra" charges. Internet access was free, free incoming and outgoing faxes, free printing of documents. It was nice to stay in a hotel that did not have all of the "add on" charges that should be included. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly and took extra care to ensure that the stay was pleasant. While I did not pay for my stay (the Marriott covered that) the prices seemed reasonable particularly for a downtown hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk is located adjacent to the David A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts and the beautiful Hillsborough River. The hotel is approximately 1 mile from the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa Bay Historic Center, Tampa Bay Times Forum, Channelside Dining and Entertainment Complex, and the Port of Tampa Cruise Terminals. The hotel offers a complimentary on-demand shuttle service from 7am until 10pm, 7 days a week. Popular Attractions include Channelside Dining and Entertainment Complex, The Florida Aquarium, and Historic Ybor City. Hotel Amenities Include:- All Non-Smoking Rooms- Onsite Restaurant, WaterWorks Bar & Grill, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.- Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access- Free Local Calls- Business Center- Outdoor Swimming Pool- Onsite Fitness Center- Complimentary Shuttle Service within 2 miles - Tampa International Airport is only six miles from the Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa-Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Tampa
- The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk Florida