“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium
Ranked #126 of 163 Hotels in Tampa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Eustis, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2014

room 231 was very nasty the furniture was not clean nor were the walls and baseborads and the light fixture the room smelled very bad even when I tried to air it out it was a cold night and the heater didn't work the manager said the other rooms were full and they didn't have an extra one for us so they gave us a blanket. I will not go back there and would not recommend anyone to stay there either.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Room was unclean, carpet dirty, and could not walk in socks or bare feet or it showed dirt. Filters on A/C were clogged, filter in bathroom was clogged. Bed sheets were dirty with stains. Price for room was not worth it, since it was totally dirty, and I had to report it, to the manager. Continental breakfast was real cheap, with minimal selections, and they ran out of food every morning, and no one was around to get more food for all the hotel guests. Room smelled so bad, that we asked to be moved, but no room was large enough for us to move too, and it was too late to move to another hotel. They gave us a spray bottle to eliminate some of the smell, but it did not help. We needed a spare foldout bed or cot, and they said it would be available, well guess what, it never was, nor did we ever get it for our family. I would not recommend this hotel in Tampa, FL, to anyone to stay at, and I hope it does not represent all the other Howard Johnson Hotels, since this one was not taken care of by their management. I reported all these issues to their staff, but nothing was done.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Amenia, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We spent one night and I couldn't wait to vacate the room this non smoking room. The room smelled like old tobacco, rugs were dirty and bathroom floors could use a good scrubbing. We asked for a wake up call and it never came, lucky for us I woke up in time to make our flight. Office staff in the morning was not very friendly, we couldn't wait to be done with this Howard Johnson's. If you are smart you would book a room somewhere else, I sure would NEVER stay there again!!!!

Room Tip: The Ramada near the airport is a better value and staff and rooms are better.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Barberton
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel is in a decent area. The room was not very appealing. The carpet was dirty and I have the bottoms of my socks to prove how much soot is in those floors. The bed felt like a pallet of rocks and it squeaked if you just looked at it. My sheets were not changed on my second night and dirty towels were left in the bathroom. The sink did not drain you would have to wait for it to let out. Most of the shower water was on the wall as there was a leak in the pipe and lighting was awful in the bathroom. I turned on all lights to get decent lighting in the room. I don't think this hotel would get any more of my business or a referral.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo