“They cater to your needs” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium

and 1 more site!
Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium
Ranked #125 of 162 Hotels in Tampa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The room was nice. The front desk was straight forward. Please check out this Hotel in Tampa,fl. It is close to the Hard Rock Casino. Shopping Malls. Food Stores,etc,etc. I can not wait to go back. Family and friends should go there. They have a 5 STAR Rating from me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Evangela B
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've stayed at this property so many times now they should give me a free night somewhere along the way which I mentioned to the front end staff on my last stay Well, now that I actually live in Florida(although not in Tampa) the property always meets my needs. The staff from top to bottom is always friendly and gracious. Of course, they may recognize you after awhile as a frequent visitor or you can always turn on the charm and talk up the front end staff and see where that gets you.
Pool is nice for just lounging and it's going to be getting real, real hot real real soon so the a/c has to be in tip-top shape and I've never had a problem with that either. Free Wi-Fi too. There is an excellent Thai restaurant that I always mention that is right next door and plenty of other dining options along Dale Mabry. Bummer that the Longhorn Steak restaurant moved from its location here over to Westshore across from the Penthouse Club. FYI. There is also a Ruth's Cris steak place and Olive Garden right there on Westshore as well.
And HoJo's is only a few miles from the airport and the International Plaza shopping mall. Take a right out of the hotel and your first left on Columbus and you'll be there in minutes. And if you want to get to Westshore, it's the third left on Columbus. It took dumb ol' me several times to figure out the easiest way to Westshore from the hotel. My sense of direction ain't real keen if ya know what I mean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PAUL D
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My friends and I stayed at this hotel, as when I was searching hotels in the area the location seemed ideal and the cost was not bad. All in all, we had a good stay as we were out quite a bit as this was a fun getaway. The continental breakfast was not bad at all. I thought the selection was very good and the area was kept clean. The rooms are dated and do need some work. However; the only issue I had, was upon check-in. Anita was on duty and I asked a question to which I was basically shrugged off, as I should wait until she is done checking me in. All in all we had a good stay over the 7 nights period and may return for a quick budgeted getaway again....Location is ideal...close to many restaurants etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Tampa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel was one of the worst I have stayed in. As soon as I got to my room it was dirty and the sheets on the bed had not been changed. there was dust all over the furniture. They moved me to another room were there was water leaking from the ceiling in the bathroom and the tub had hair and gunk under the bath mat. I explained it to the manager at check out and her reply was your (leaving any ways). I will never recommend this motel. My husband travels a lot in the military and I showed him pictures so he will not recommend or stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have to say that I got frowns from people familiar with the location when I told them where I was staying on a business trip. There are a number of adult entertainment venues on each side of this property.

HOWEVER, there were plenty of families staying here and the hotel was clean. The staff was friendly. Parking was a bit tough but manageable.

There were not people walking around all night nor was there a lot of noise. I expected those things because of the neighboring businesses and am very happy that I didn't experience it.

I had a non-smoking room and was fine with it...until the next morning when I woke-up stopped up and with a major headache to a strong smell of cigarette smoke. My room is part of a connecting room combination and the connecting room is NOT non-smoking. The guest in the connecting room were heavy smokers and the smoke entered my room under the connecting door.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business