“HIGH PRICES,POOR ROOMS”

Ranked #126 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Kissimmee
“HIGH PRICES,POOR ROOMS”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Oh my where to start our room was horrible,coffee maker filled with gunk,tv didnt work they took forever to replace,microwave dirty didnt work,plumbing leaked,and bugs there are alot of staff leave here and have been annoying,and not so savory characters bother and the manager here is rude.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I am never staying at the Howard Johnson in Tampa off dale maybary ever again. Get this.

My friends and I stayed here from 5/24-25/14 while attending a weekend festival

They loose my original two room reservation I made a month prior after going through 3 separate phone operators no one can see my reservation anywhere. So I make a new one. Today I see I have two separate charges for $101.25. guess what their for? The two I originally reserved that they magically lost, and couldn't find that I had made. Not only that upon arrival I'm charged an extra $50 for early check and an additional $30 for late check out all. This hotels customer service is terrible and for what I paid for the room (which I also would say is over priced) I would expect a little better customer service

• Stayed May 2014
north of Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here overnight for an early morning flight from Tampa Airport. This hotel was conveniently located near the airport, maybe 10 minutes and an easy drive. Hotel itself is set up a little oddly and it's a little difficult to know exactly where to park to be close to your room. The room itself was fine. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet. Raymond James Stadium is really close, which I didn't know until we took a drive down the road. Also, Steinbrenner Stadium is very close to the hotel. Not much in the way of restaurants, but we did find an Appleby's not too awful far. All in all this is a fine place to stay for an overnighter. I would stay here again, and I probably will.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Tampa hotels
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites South Tampa Airport
Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport
Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium

Property: Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium
Address: 2055 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33607-2542
Region: United States > Florida > Tampa
Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #126 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium 2*
The Howard Johnson Hotel Tampa Airport/Stadium consistently provides the kind of comfort, service and hospitality you expect in a hotel for both vacation and business travelers. Free Scheduled shuttle to/from Tampa Int. Airport 5:15am-11pm, which runs every hour. Transportation also available to Port of Tampa, 10 Dollars Per Person each way. Free Continental Breakfast in Lobby 5:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel - Tampa Airport/Stadium Florida