Regency Inn
US$122
US$205
US$152
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$189
US$159
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed there with my family because it was really close to Busch Gardens. The rooms were very dirty, the carpet could not have more stains and dirt. Same for the bed covers. The toilet in my room was falling off the wall. The bathtub was NOT white, more like brown. Honestly I find hard to believe someone EVER enjoyed themselves there. I was glad to leave and NEVER come back. It's worth driving to a further hotel. I'll never stay there again. I was the one that booked it and I apologized to everyone for making them go thru one night there. Really disgusting.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlene H
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Decent. Overall ok. Near Busch Gardens if your going thru.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Rented a room because it was nearby Busch Gardens and we were attending Howl O Scream and didn't want to drive back to the East coast late at night. Upon entering, the gentleman at the front desk was nice. Our room was on the second floor, and we found it to be adequate upon first look.....we only had a few moments to change and head back out the door to get to our event. When we got back to the HJE around midnight, we were tired and not in the mood to deal with the things we suddenly had to upon re-entering our room. My friend decided to inspect the bed more closely (we laughed about searching for bedbugs) and the suddenly the laughter stopped when we located a bag of TRASH someone had stuffed up under the mattress. So being totally creeped at out at that moment, I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and found hair on the floor of the bathroom - not mine and not my friends - little black curly hairs and they were EVERYWHERE. I ran out of the bathroom only to find my friend, who had pulled back the nightstand that was in between the beds standing there aghast with horror at the site of many, and I do mean many, dead cockroach carcasses. About that time, a German cockroach came OUT of the alarm clock on the nightstand (we must have disturbed them) because following it was a small army of BABY GERMAN COCKROACHES. I grabbed the room key and marched down to the front desk and demanded to be moved. Would have liked to have left but it was late and we were so tired. Moved to a different room, no roaches to be seen but the room still lacked that "clean" feel. Beds were actually quite comfy (maybe we were just REALLy tired) but upon showering we found there to be ZERO water pressure, and I don't know about you but I can't stand to take a shower with no water pressure. Might as well throw the tap water at me from the sink. We checked out promptly after waking and when the nice lady (she really was nice) asked how our stay was, I told her "not good" and she did nothing to correct the problems, other than to say "oh, I'm sorry. Have a nice day!" Needless to say. i will NEVER be going back there again. In fact the entire area around Busch Gardens loding wise is not good as last year's motel wasn't that great either, but was a 5-star compared to this one. Run away from this one.

Room Tip: READ THE REVIEWS. I didn't beforehand and I wish I had!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank thnknoutloud
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our family just needed a simple, clean room for 2 nights as we were headed to Busch Gardens for a few days. We arrived at 11pm at night and were immediately put off by the location - right on the highway with a high fence around the parking lot, which was adjacent to a Pawn shop, storage facility and a brightly lit gas station. It looked like prison. Had it not been so late on a busy weekend, and had we not had sleeping children, we would have gone elsewhere immediately. Even though we had a non-smoking room, you could smell smoke everywhere - in the halls, outside the doors, even in the rooms. Loud A/C units in the halls and rooms made it worse, and the tiled hallway did not help the noise level. The room was short on pillows and when we called the front desk to ask for more, he said they did not have any. Bathroom had no hot water - barely even lukewarm - and there was a musty smell. Horrified, I immediately called Wyndham, as I had used hotel award points to book our stay. Despite telling them that it less like an "award" and more like "punishment", the Wyndham rep never really apologized (saying "I'm sorry you are having a problem" without actually offering a solution to the problem is just aggravating), nor did they refund my used points. As a meeting planner I see a LOT of hotels, and I certainly did not expect this to be a 4 star property, but never will I recommend a Howard Johnson Express to anyone. Ever.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MrsGmom
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I just recently stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and it was just wonderful ,the price was excellent ,the staff very friendly and helpful ,the hotel is well maintained the grounds well kept .Two weeks visiting from New York i didn't know what to expect but i was able to enjoy my stay .Housekeeping i must say thanks to the two ladies who kept my room clean with fresh bed linens and well supplied with towels and whatever i needed .The breakfast was good basically the same thing every day but from 7am - 10 am what more can you asked for ?I would stay at the Howard Johnson on Fowler ave again next time i'm in Tampa .I was not driving but you need to have transportation to get around .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo