“vacation”
Review of Regency Inn

Regency Inn
Ranked #136 of 163 Hotels in Tampa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
PLANT CITY
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I have stayed in many hotels and in Howard Johnson's thru the years with my family and have never had any problems with any of your hotels, however this one is definitely an exception. Our mini family vacation was not a pleasant one. We stayed in room 217. First the bathroom floor was slippery. My son almost fell, My mom has osteoporosis and has to be extremely careful on slippery floors, so she had to take her cane with her just to go to the bathroom, which she has never had to do. We are not complainers, so " No", we did not disturb the front desk. When we took our shoes off to go to the pool we found out the carpet was damp and sticky (gross), as I said we do not like complaining, so we went to the pool. We never got in the pool, as the pool had dirt in it and floating on it. I also have a 1 yr. old and didn't want him in a dirty pool. We just went back to the room & got dressed, and went to McDonald'sI After we ate my kids were going to take a bath but there was no drain plug. My 1 yr. old & 9 yr. old had to sponge bath. They only take baths. While it was still daylight, we get a call from front desk saying the man downstairs said we were too noisy & he can't sleep. It was daytime and the kids were only walking across the floor to the fridge & to get snacks. Kids do not sleep in the daytime (my opinion they should put families on the ground floor anyway). I had to put my kids to bed early just so we wouldn't take the chance of being put out, instead of them just moving the man downstairs, or offering us another room downstairs. I & my family are extremely dissatisfied with this hotel. We won't ever stay in a Howard Johnson hotel again, unless you make this good. If you want to give us two (2) free nights in a different Howard Johnson Hotel preferably by Sea World, as we chose this last one as we have annual passes for Busch Gardens/Sea World/Adventure Island. If you do this & make this good for a 2 night free stay , we will continue to stay at HoJo's when it is convenient to our area of stay. We would still need two (2) beds, fridge & micro, or if you have kids suites in a room that would be even better. May "GOD" Bless You, Dorothy Moore

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

LAKE WORTH
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Good experience. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Wish they had a shuttle bus to Busch Gardens. Not sure that the great rate compensated for the cost of cabs and parking in the park. Next time I would pay more and stay at a hotel that had a shuttle bus

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I am very sorry for you if Hotwire booked this hotel for you through this Hot Rate whatever system. You just lost your money, don't even bother checking in, go find a good hotel.

I checked in at 10 pm, after spending the entire day at Busch Gardens, it was a very good experience to lose the money i paid for the hotel and find a hotel in a hurry.

And don't waste your time calling Hotwire for a refund.

I will never use Hotwire again and will tell as many people as i can to not use Hotwire.

Lesson learned, don't learn yours the hard way like i did.

Room Tip: Go find a good hotel, this one is already filled with roaches.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tampa North - Busch Gardens
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
West Wing Boutique Hotel
West Wing Boutique Hotel
#47 of 163 in Tampa

Been to Regency Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Regency Inn

Property: Regency Inn
Address: 720 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612-5332 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens)
Region: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #136 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Regency Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Regency Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa