“EHH”

Regency Inn
Ranked #136 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
“EHH”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

first off my shower didn't work only the bath facet so I had to have my fiancé pour cups of water over my body for a shower after a long sweaty day at busch gardens... so I went to the office for help and was told I had to wait until the next day... for maintenance because "it was their problem" so I finish my cup rinse down and go to watch tv and the remote doesn't work at all. the rooms were pretty nasty... housekeeping only cleans the countertops, tv, bathroom, and makes the bed... there were HUGE COB WEBS in the corners of the ceilings and behind the curtains to the sliding glass door... there was trash stuck up under the bed against the wall from peoples before us... ice machine was broken... there was no elevator... ehhhh I wasn't looking for a 5 star hotel I just needed a place to shower and lay my head a night... but after that trip.... I will never be visiting a hj again... oh... the next day my fiancé figured out what the problem was with the shower head... we go to cancel our maintenance request for the shower and the mod says "OH this is the first ive heard of it... we don't have any work orders." WHEN CLEARLY THAT PLACE NEEDS TO BE CONDEMED!

Room Tip: free wifi but was veryyy poor connection.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The staff was nice. Looked decent on the outside, but the hotel was terrible inside. The halls smelled like smoke and dead fish. The room smelled like smoke. Most of the people we saw there appeared to be living there, not travelers. People knocking on doors at all hours. Lobby is closed after dark so you have to check in through a window. Linens were stained, corners of the room were dirty and the room was poorly painted. Toilet seat and bed covers had cigarette burns in our "non-smoking" room. TV remote batteries were dead. Top door lock was broken off. The breakfast was minimal... single serving cereals, white bread/toast and bagels, small muffins, juice and milk. Breakfast area is too small. The bed was comfortable except for the lumpy, smelly pillows and stinky bed covers. Cushioned chair on patio was old and full of holes. A/C runs all day/night to keep the room comfortable. Very busy street all night long. Police and emergency vehicles driving by all night long. Can't make a left turn out of the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
boston
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was by far the worst experience with a hotel I have ever had. The room was awful , there were cigarette burns on the bed covers, in a non smoking room, the bed sheets were stained , the room was extremely dirty where there were things from the previous occupants left . For 9 days they had only cleaned our room once, never came in never changed the sheets and never even replenished the towels. I had complained every day to the front desk and they did nothing about. Honestly I have stayed in Howard Johnson before but this was by far the worst and most disgusting hotel ever.

Room Tip: never book this hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank danielarouskova
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tampa North - Busch Gardens
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
West Wing Boutique Hotel
West Wing Boutique Hotel
#50 of 163 in Tampa

Been to Regency Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Regency Inn

Property: Regency Inn
Address: 720 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612-5332 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens)
Region: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #136 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Regency Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Regency Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tampa North/Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa