“If you're looking for a cheap brothel, here's your motel!”
Review of Regency Inn

and 1 more site!
Regency Inn
Ranked #139 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Oh my God!!! We made reservations a few weeks in advance. When we pulled up to this place, prostitutes with their pimps were literally everywhere around this place! We were so tired from driving, we decided to stay at least one night and bear it...BIG mistake! The no-smoking room wreaked of cigarette and canibus smoke (as did the hallways). The bathtub literally had no finish left on it. The sheets were stained with, well we won't go there. The swimming pool had a sheet of oil? on the surface and looked liked it hadn't been cleaned in months. People were hollering and screaming and slamming doors (and this was at 6:00 pm on a Friday!). We stayed the one night and high-tailed it out of there first thing the next morning after a heated argument with the desk clerk to refund our funds for the reamaining stay. We ended up the the Holiday Inn which was a blessing in disguise (highly recommend). HoJo is a NoGo for us!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank HONDASCREW69
There are newer reviews for Regency Inn

Reviewed 12 October 2010

I had booked this hotel through expedia using their phone agent. They recommended me this hotel/motel since i wanted something between University of South Florida and Tampa General Hospital. Yes the location was right, but there were other hotels they could have recommended. The place looked okay from outside, but the room color and the bed sheet color made the room really dirty and old. Bed was not comfortable at all. The bathroom was very clean surprisingly! In short, I would choose another option if it was not for budget and last min. thing.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank oosarkaroo
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Steer clear of this place - it was the worst hotel experience I can remember. The first room they put me in had to be over 100 degrees when I entered it. They may have had the heat turned up in hot, humid Florida because they were trying to dry something out of the carpet - half of which was wet with some kind of fluid that I don't think was water (there was some of it on the bathroom floor and it was slippery, like some kind of soap.) I nearly slipped on it in the bathroom and in the hallway outside. The tub was dirty and there was literally a mushroom growing out of a gap between the wallpaper and the tub stall. Turning the loose wallpaper back revealed a serious mold problem.

I requested another room and they provided me with another one, but that one wasn't much cleaner: A few minutes of walking around the room in bare feet or white socks dirtied them. The seal on the small refrigerator was broken so it wouldn't stay closed, and the air conditioner was so loud it was extremely difficult to sleep. The phone didn't work and when I complained about that the front desk clerk informed me that people kept breaking the cords on their phones (really?) and they had run out of replacements.

The neighborhood was also very questionable and when walking to the only lounge in the area I was approached more than once by vagrants.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank MediaManLA
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I thought since it was close to Busch Gardens and the name Howard Johnson Express Inn it would niceand the price was good because I booked the through Expedia. The prictures online is a lie. It really looks run down and dirty. The hallways had a bad odor. The bathroom was not clean. The towel was not bleachy white. The walls was dirty with holes. The area was bad. There was people (crackheads) hanging outside. I think it was a Motel. The glass doors was unsafe. I do not recommend anyone to stay there. It do not matter if you are young, old, single, married, with or without kids please find another Hotel. {TRUST ME PLEASE}

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank KeishaA99
Reviewed 26 November 2009

Very friendly staff but a complete dump! Bad neighborhood, extremely loud hallways, filthy rooms, run down, horrible beds, cob webs, cracks in doorway, bugs everywhere. Way too pricey for such a mess of a hotel. Not at all what we expected but got there too late with sleeping kids and not able to find another place for the night.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank POEducator
Reviewed 13 November 2009

We enjoyed our stay which was in the midst of everything and inexpensive. Most surprising were the waffles which were wonderful. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2009

A friend of mine and I were taking a girls weekend, but as students we needed something in our price range. It was a great location, but if I had it to do over I would have stayed somewhere much nicer. The roof had patchy spots, there were people lingering at all hours, and it was an unsafe neighborhood.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends