“Excellent Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

The room was comfortable and clean. I liked the shower versus a tub and shower combo. The staff was professional and always ready to help if you ask for assistance. If your travels take you to downtown Tampa I recommend you stay at the Hilton. The restaurant staff was excellent; however, the breakfast buffet is a little over priced for scrambled eggs and bacon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Greetings Mike V.,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments about the hotel and specially about our staff. Thank you for recommending our hotel.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Hilton Tampa Downtown - Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Sanford, FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I found the service staff to be very patient and resourceful. They were able to feed 400 persons with ease. Congratulations! The ballroom was beautifully decorated as was the bar and bride and groom's table at the entrance of the reception area. There were staff to direct attendees. The evening was a great success with the staff and wedding cooradinator working together. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Greetings Paula M.,

Thank you for staying with us. Your kind comments regarding regarding the way our staff handled the wedding reception are appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed the event.

We hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Tampa.

Ridgeland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I were in town to attend a wedding and we ejoyed our stay and have reccomended to our friends and family that should they be in the local area they stay at the Hilton. They wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Delvon S
Greetings Delvon S.,

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and the wedding you attended. We appreciate your comments.

If your travel plans bring you back to Tampa, we hope you will stay with us again.

Plantation, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Hilton Downtown Tampa completed their renovation and this property is AMAZING. I remember this hotel as a Hyatt in the past and cannot believe it is the same property. Clean and modern rooms, beautiful restaurant with healthy menu choices and a full service Starbucks. The Hilton Downtown Tanmpa will be our go-to hotel when visiting Tampa.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Frank L
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Greetings Frank L.,

Thank you for staying with us. Your gracious comments mean a lot to us. We are happy you enjoyed our brand new Starbucks and our newly renovated lobby, restaurant and guest rooms.

We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

What can I say..... Service, welcome, room, location ..... All superb and I will always book myself here whenever I come to Tampa. The bed and the linen were amazing and a home away from home and the shower was so powerful in the morning, it was like I was showering in a warm waterfall... It was perfect. Thank you Hilton, you've done it again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cheeky_leon
Greetings Cheeky_leon,

Thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Should your travels bring you back to Tampa, we hope you will stay with us again.

FL Keys
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I spent several nights at the Hilton while attending an event at the Tampa Convention Center. The hotel is an easy (<10 minute) walk to the convention center. I booked well in advance and got a very reasonable rate. My arrival experience was the low point of my stay. I had to unload my truck while dodging traffic on Tampa Ave. I self-parked and was told to pull in to “any open spot” in a lot down the block. The problem was that there were no open spots. The lot does not have a great many spaces and it is a public lot, not reserved for Hilton guests. After driving seven hours, I had to hang out in the parking lot until someone pulled out of a space big enough to accommodate my pickup truck. I decided right then that my truck was not leaving that spot for the duration of my stay. The hotel is undergoing renovation which did not interfere with my visit. I was on the 13th floor. The furnishings in my room were lovely. There is a desk, sofa & plenty of lighting. My room had a king bed that was very comfortable. The room had a coffeemaker and no refrigerator or microwave. The a/c worked great and was very quiet. Unfortunately there was noise from traffic outside, toilets flushing in adjacent rooms, and from the hallway. The room was nicely dark for sleeping, except that light streamed in all the around the door. The employees I encountered were exceptionally friendly. One exception was an employee I heard, rather than saw. A housekeeping supervisor came down the hallway checking to see which rooms hadn’t been made up around 5:30 every evening. She slammed and banged doors as she went and she was very rude to the house keepers. I could hear her yelling “room number X is not clean and I need it done NOW!” Wi-Fi was available in the room for a fee. I would likely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HappyCamper48
Greeting HappyCamper48,

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to see that overall you enjoyed your stay.

We apologize for the parking situation and also the yelling in the hallway. We will address these issues with the proper departments. Again, please accept our apologies.

Our newly renovated rooms will all include a refrigerator. Thank you for your comments.

We appreciate sharing your observations with us. We look forward to having you as a guest again.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Hilton primarily because of it's proximity to a business meeting I had in Tampa. The check-in was extremely smooth and pleasant. The front desk was professional and moved me to a different room as I had inadvertently signed up for a handicapped room. I was given room 606. The bed was phenomenally comfortable. However this room is directly above the hot tub with it's flashing lights and music. I thought it was ridiculous that I had to call security to ask for the salsa music to be turned down after 11 PM on a Sunday so that I could get to sleep. Bottom line, I really like this hotel, I like the breakfast area and service, the beds are among the best I experience, I just would stay away from room 606.
The workout room is sufficient for aerobic exercises but does not have very much for weight training. It does have dumbbells from 5 to 50 pounds, but not a lot of room for exercise

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Greetings Maltafaz,

Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for the situation with room 606. Our Rooms Executive will look into this.

We are happy you really enjoyed our beds. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, please come back and visit us.