“Good spot”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Riverview, Canada
“Good spot”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed here for a week while on business. Great hotel. Have been here before. Great central location, staff was friendly, services were easily accessible, and no complaints about noise.

It was VERY crowded in the main areas the week I was there because of some convention so that was a bit annoying but not enough for me to complain. Glad to see the hotel does that well.

My only con on this hotel is that the "business center" is in an open area right in the middle of the lobby. I did not feel too comfortable using the computers there with so many people around, but it still was perfectly acceptable.

Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Greetings Matt K,

Thank you for staying with us once again. We appreciate your comments. We hope you enjoyed your time in Tampa while on business.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Hilton Tampa Downtown - Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Seattle
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I felt welcome the minute my family got out of the car. The valet service was great and very accommodating! I used to regularly stay at the Hyatt for business trips but the new renovations blew me away! Gorgeous! I was unsure about having the entire family coming simply because my children are young. And although the appearance is luxury it still makes for a great family stay. Bell service was fantastic! One lady in particular was super friendly. Unsure if her name was Stacey or Susan, but she was so helpful and went above and beyond! The Starbucks is beautiful!!! I didn't realize until about halfway through our stay that they are also Hilton employees. My wife took full advsntage of being able to charge drinks to the room. The most helpful were Keith and Victoria, it was a breath of fresh air! The front desk employees were always cheerful and answered all our questions! Wife and I ate at 211 and although the food was delicious the servers were not up to par. Will definitely stay at this location again!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Greetings markyce,

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to see that you and your family enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Thank you for all your kind comments, we truly appreciate them.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Tampa, we hope to see you and your family again.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Truly enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Downtown. The service was great and the room was very comfortable with a nice size bathroom. Thank you to Christie, our server in the lounge, for her great service and pleasant disposition. Bill S.

Greetings William S.,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments. We are glad you received great service by Christie at the lounge and it will be our pleasure to thank her for a job well done.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Boston
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Was recently at the Hilton downtown for a conference. Room was beautifully done, lobby was gorgeous. Great business services (computers and free printing in the lobby). Perfect for a conference. No complaints.

Tip-the pool is in shade after 3 pm. Hit it early.

The only downside was the food, which was very basic and eh.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Greetings BostonHannah,

Thank you for staying with us. We hope your enjoyed Tampa and your conference.

Thank you for the kind comments about the look of our hotel and our business center.

We will pass along your comments about the food to our Food & Beverage Director and Chef for their information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights for business. This was a very clean hotel with great service. My room was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. There's a Starbucks in the lobby which is very convenient as well as a small convenience store. One night my toilet would not stop running, I let front desk know, went for a couple of drinks in the lounge downstairs and when I got back to my room it was all fixed. Although there is free wifi in all the common areas, I still find that charging wifi for $9.95/ night is a bit steep. That was my only issue, otherwise you will enjoy your stay here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Greetings rawsco_bico,

Thank you for staying with us. We hope your visit to Tampa was enjoyable.

We appreciate your comments. It was nice to see that you had a good night sleep. We apologize for the toilet issue but we are glad our Engineering Department took care of it right away.

Should your travels bring you back to Tampa, we hope you will stay with us again.

Weston, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Love what you've done with the place! Much nicer than the Hyatt days. ;-). Christie was a super server - checked up regularly and made it a very enjoyable evening. Can't wait to come back! Ronnie made great Martinis!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Greetings KenB,

Thank you for staying with us. We always enjoy receiving glowing remarks about our staff. It is really important to know that Christie and Ronnie were able to meet your expectations of exceptional service.

We are happy to see that you liked our new renovated hotel.

It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we hope to see you soon!

Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights for business. I wasn't blown away but I was happy with the accommodations. The in-room wifi was good. Breakfast Buffet was also good and the service at the bar and restaurant was excellent. The location was within walking distance (for Tampa in March) to many good restaurants. We went to Jackson's for dinner one night. Definitely would recommend that.

I do have two small complaints/observations: 1. I'm not a fan of the large overly soft pillows. I like the chains that provide a couple of pillows with differing firmness and wish this was standard at other hotels. 2. I was told by the front desk that a shuttle to the airport was available at the side entrance. When I went to confirm this with the bell staff, I was told this was only for airline employees. I decided to walk around and see for myself. It turns out that the shuttle was available to all hotel guests (for a $13 charge, which was fine for me). I hope that the bell service just didn't know and wasn't trying to garner a tip for arranging a taxi.

Neither of these issues would keep me from staying here again but it did keep me from giving a 5 rating.

1 Thank SuwaneeTown
Greetings Suwaneetown,

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to see that overall you enjoyed your stay.

We have medium and hard feather pillows or foam pillows as an alternative. Please let us know next time and we will find a pillow to your satisfaction. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the erroneous information you received from one of our bellmen. You are right, the shuttle is available to all our hotel guests. We will address this with our bellstand staff to avoid a situation like this happening again in the future. Thank you for letting us know.