“HIlton Tampa Downtown”

Hilton Tampa Downtown
Ranked #15 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed here for a business trip and really enjoyed my stay. The staff and service were great! The hotel was well decorated, rooms were large and comfortable and the bathrooms were very nice! It was also very close to the airport. Since it was a business trip, I really didn't get a chance to explore the surrounding area. The hotel bar was great, very comfortable, and good service. The rooftop pool was also very nice and accessible in the evenings.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Greetings thefinickyitalian,

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to see you enjoyed your stay in Tampa. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.

We are glad you had the chance to experience our great customer service from our staff. We hope you can visit us again soon and have more time to explore the city.

We enjoyed having you as a guest and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Tampa Downtown

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I am so glad I couldn't get into the HYATT! This was so great, it has renewed my faith in Hilton!
My experience from pulling in to Valet parking up to check out was FANTASTIC! First, the valet was courteous and fast and got my bags to the bell hop quickly. Note: there is much construction in Tampa near the airport and my GPS got very messed up by it...just beware. They got me to John Warwick, the front desk supervisor. Mr. Warwick was very courteous and helpful! I told him I needed a REALLY quiet room and he changed me from a pool facing room to 1139. I LOVED 1139!!!!! It has a sofa that looks out at the river (though a narrow view) and was cozy. It does have a very small bathroom but that was ok. It also had a refrigerator. It was VERY quiet! I almost moved to the non-street side and a higher level for quietness but my room had specifically met my request of an "allergy free" room and while this isn't a PURE room it was very allergy free...the best my allergies have been in a long while. So, I stayed in this room and found that the so-called street noise goes away after 5 o clock or so. It was quiet and great for business. The remodel is lovely. This is a MUST STAY location for anything at CAMLS at USF!!!! There is a FULL Starbuck's in the lobby and is great! ROOM SERVICE was TREMENDOUS! The flatbreads and sandwiches were EXCELLENT! The french fries are not to be missed! It was always fast and hot! The chicken pasta was also good. Housekeeping was also so sweet and accomodating!

The WiFi was free for Hilton Honors, the valet was 20$ a day and standard for a big downtown area. They did not hurt our car and were always fast and courteous.

THEY HAVE PETER THOMAS ROTH PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best products ever! Better than the stuff the Ritz properties put out for you. These are high end, not allergenic and "cruelty free".

I love this place and spent all day for 4 days in this hotel and only leaving for dinner to study for an exam at USF and I have to tell you it was the best stay I have had at a hotel in a long time. Thank you Hilton!!!!! I will be back!

Oh, it is easy walking to: CAMLS (not even a block), Hattricks Irish Pub (skip this and go to TAPS), Taps, the TMOA, the riverfront...complete with dyed green water for St Patty's day, and many other restaurants as well as the trolley, etc. They also have a good workout room and nice outdoor pool. They had local, USA Today and WSJ daily in lobby along with cold water to drink and very nice business center. Did not go into shop or into restaurant/bar but looked quite nice.

Room Tip: Room 1139 is street front but after 5 pm, without a game, quietens down. Had a nice sofa that I don...
1  Thank withoutscreenname
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Greetings withoutascreenname,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a good review about your stay at our hotel. It was nice to see your stay here was enjoyable.

We are glad you had a room per your specifications and that you also liked the Peter Thomas Roth products. Thank you so much for all your kind comments.

We hope you did well on your exams and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stay here every time I come to Tampa (about 6 times per year) it really is a great hotel, the folks at the front desk are genuinely friendly, Pilar, Ronnie and Natalie at the bar are all fantastic and it is one of the few hotels that have king size pillows on the king size beds.

Greetings Mike R.,

Thank you for staying with us and for your continuous business.

We appreciate your comments about our staff. We always enjoy receiving glowing remarks about our staff and it makes it especially nice when it comes from a special guest as you are.

It's always a pleasure having you as a guest.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I love the pool on the rooftop. The workout facilities are nice as well. Everything is what you should expect from a Hilton. I go here once a month and the staff seems to be consistent. If you travel a lot, this will be a great hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Thank Madeline Schwei... H

Greetings Madeline,

Thank you for staying with us.

Thank you for your kind comments and for visiting us so frequently. We appreciate your business.

We look forward to having you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I liked the free wifi. Valet and guest services were nice. Rooms are very dark, couldn't see much! Hard to pack in the dark! House keeping was not good. Dirty glasses just left and not cleaned, cups not replaced, stingy on towels, didn't like coming back to a room that was how I left it instead if cleaned up! The flush from the upstairs bathroom is very very loud... But past that the hotel is quiet. The location isn't great, we got in late at night and wanted a grocery store and nothing was open. In a downtown core, that was a bit strange. Great if here for convention or a game but other than that need the car to get anywhere more populated. The outdoor pool are is very nice but a bit shaded by surrounding buildings.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings Mary D,

Thank you for staying with us. After reading your comments it was obvious your stay was not perfect. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered. We will forward your observations to our Housekeeping Department so they can reiterate to our staff their role in serving the guests.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was one of the worst top rated hotel I have ever stayed at. Location was terrible- room had roaches in bathroom that came out at night - had to call to have room sprayed - was offered another room - but wouldn't take any chance on having more come out - didn't have clean washclothes on last night because they want us to use the same ones that we used the night before. valet left my van overnight in the shuttle area with doors unlock and keys in van, after threatening to give me a ticket and having it towed!

The brightest thing was Antonio the bellman and Mac in security!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need more like them. They were the best along with Christian another bellman/valet. I don't remember the young man name that was in charge in the afternoon - he was great also. after all that happen hats off to these men!
One of the young valet guys was very mouthy had to tell him to back off and stay in his lane!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't expect to stay there anytime soon!!!!!!!!!!! and will not recommend any to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks - be blessed

Greetings Tina B,

Thank you for your review concerning your stay with us. After reading your comments, we were very disappointed to see we let you down in so many areas. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences we caused you. Let me assure you this is very unusual and all your observations have been addressed with our Rooms Executive for immediate action.

We are disappointed to see that you would not return to our hotel in the future. Our goal is to regain your confidence in our services and staff, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had a great stay as usual. The staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. Pilar was especially nice and very good at what she does. My room on the 16th floor was the best room I've stayed in this hotel because I believe that the rooms are a little larger on the 16th floor and above.

Greetings Steve J,

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to see you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made such a positive impression on you especially Pilar. Our staff really care about our guests and I am happy you received great customer service from them.

It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.