“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I've never had any issues at this property. The only thing I will generally complain about is when I'm put in a room facing nothing but a parking garage. I always stay here, but only because it is connected to the building I am visiting for business and saves me additonal cab fare.
The doorman Antonio is the nicest man and always has the best attitude. He leaves a lasting impression as I remember him from trips a few years ago just as well as from the trip 2 weeks ago. Don't ever let him go ~ definitely one of the best things you've got going on!

Room Tip: Hate the pillows!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Greetings Ovation08,

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to see that overall you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate that you choose our hotel while traveling in business, thank you very much. We also appreciate your comment about our doorman Antonio. He is a great ambassador for our hotel. You are right, he always has the best attitude and cares very much about our guests.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Tampa!

Hilton Tampa Downtown - Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great location and great service. Bartender pilar was very friendly provided excellent service and recommendations for local attractions. Service staff also was extremely attentive to all my questions considering this was my first time at the downtown hilton in TB

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Greetings Brian H,

Thank you for staying at our hotel. Thank you for your kind comments about our service, especially the excellent service you received from Pilar. We are glad you experienced the great customer service our staff are proud of.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Tampa.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Tampa Downtown for a convention and completely enjoyed myself. I particular, Christie, a waitress in the bar and made me feel exceptionally welcome. The Hotel was clean, check in efficient, and the rooms thoughtfully laid out.

• Stayed April 2014
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Greetings Mactoid,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay, and that Christie gave you exceptional service. We appreciate your kind comments.

It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel on a recent business trip. The room was large, clean and very comfortable. The service I received was excellent and the staff so polite and helpful. It is in the heart of downtown and walking distance from everything, so I never had to get my car out of the garage. Also, the restaurant has outstanding food and impeccable service. I am normally critical of hotel food because it is expensive and can be medicore. Well, Hilton Downtown Tampa proved me wrong. I realize that I paid a bit more for dinner, but it was so good I didn't mind, and actually had dinner in the hotel both nights. I have to give a special thank you to Christie in the hotel bar for her attentive serivce, professionalism and advise. She went the extra mile to make sure my dining experience was second-to-none.

Greetings Chris E,

Thank you for staying with us. We were delighted to see that in all areas, we met or exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your comments about the hotel, the service from our staff and the food at our restaurant.

We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your dinner both nights and that the service your received from Christie made such an impression on you. We will share your comments with her.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed here for a business trip and really enjoyed my stay. The staff and service were great! The hotel was well decorated, rooms were large and comfortable and the bathrooms were very nice! It was also very close to the airport. Since it was a business trip, I really didn't get a chance to explore the surrounding area. The hotel bar was great, very comfortable, and good service. The rooftop pool was also very nice and accessible in the evenings.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Greetings thefinickyitalian,

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to see you enjoyed your stay in Tampa. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.

We are glad you had the chance to experience our great customer service from our staff. We hope you can visit us again soon and have more time to explore the city.

We enjoyed having you as a guest and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

VA
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I am so glad I couldn't get into the HYATT! This was so great, it has renewed my faith in Hilton!
My experience from pulling in to Valet parking up to check out was FANTASTIC! First, the valet was courteous and fast and got my bags to the bell hop quickly. Note: there is much construction in Tampa near the airport and my GPS got very messed up by it...just beware. They got me to John Warwick, the front desk supervisor. Mr. Warwick was very courteous and helpful! I told him I needed a REALLY quiet room and he changed me from a pool facing room to 1139. I LOVED 1139!!!!! It has a sofa that looks out at the river (though a narrow view) and was cozy. It does have a very small bathroom but that was ok. It also had a refrigerator. It was VERY quiet! I almost moved to the non-street side and a higher level for quietness but my room had specifically met my request of an "allergy free" room and while this isn't a PURE room it was very allergy free...the best my allergies have been in a long while. So, I stayed in this room and found that the so-called street noise goes away after 5 o clock or so. It was quiet and great for business. The remodel is lovely. This is a MUST STAY location for anything at CAMLS at USF!!!! There is a FULL Starbuck's in the lobby and is great! ROOM SERVICE was TREMENDOUS! The flatbreads and sandwiches were EXCELLENT! The french fries are not to be missed! It was always fast and hot! The chicken pasta was also good. Housekeeping was also so sweet and accomodating!

The WiFi was free for Hilton Honors, the valet was 20$ a day and standard for a big downtown area. They did not hurt our car and were always fast and courteous.

THEY HAVE PETER THOMAS ROTH PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best products ever! Better than the stuff the Ritz properties put out for you. These are high end, not allergenic and "cruelty free".

I love this place and spent all day for 4 days in this hotel and only leaving for dinner to study for an exam at USF and I have to tell you it was the best stay I have had at a hotel in a long time. Thank you Hilton!!!!! I will be back!

Oh, it is easy walking to: CAMLS (not even a block), Hattricks Irish Pub (skip this and go to TAPS), Taps, the TMOA, the riverfront...complete with dyed green water for St Patty's day, and many other restaurants as well as the trolley, etc. They also have a good workout room and nice outdoor pool. They had local, USA Today and WSJ daily in lobby along with cold water to drink and very nice business center. Did not go into shop or into restaurant/bar but looked quite nice.

Room Tip: Room 1139 is street front but after 5 pm, without a game, quietens down. Had a nice sofa that I don...
Green Features: Standard towel policy. Didn't notice much else.
1 Thank withoutscreenname
HiltonTampaDowntown, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Greetings withoutascreenname,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a good review about your stay at our hotel. It was nice to see your stay here was enjoyable.

We are glad you had a room per your specifications and that you also liked the Peter Thomas Roth products. Thank you so much for all your kind comments.

We hope you did well on your exams and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stay here every time I come to Tampa (about 6 times per year) it really is a great hotel, the folks at the front desk are genuinely friendly, Pilar, Ronnie and Natalie at the bar are all fantastic and it is one of the few hotels that have king size pillows on the king size beds.

Greetings Mike R.,

Thank you for staying with us and for your continuous business.

We appreciate your comments about our staff. We always enjoy receiving glowing remarks about our staff and it makes it especially nice when it comes from a special guest as you are.

It's always a pleasure having you as a guest.