“Service Extraordinaire!”

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
Ranked #3 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had my daughters wedding at the Grand Hyatt Tampa. We had the reception at The Grand Hyatt Armanis. My family flew in from Detroit. My Daughter her Husband, My family and my wife and I stayed the night of the wedding at The Grand Hyatt. With such a major undertaking you would expect somthing to go wrong. Not the case.Everthing was perfect. Mariana (The catering manager for the Hyatt)did an excellent job on the wedding. The rooms were beautiful and well designed. The service (Bell hopps to room service to maid service) Was second to none. If you find yourself in Tampa looking for a place to stay for the night look no further.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Nice to hear that it was a Fantastic Wedding and Sincere Congratulations!
It is always great to hear that everything went the way it was planned and we appreciate the time you took to share your positive comments regarding the excellent service provided by our Catering Manager who made this wedding very successful and memorable. Your appreciative feedbacks were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Let me start this by saying I don't give many 5 ratings for lodging... The property is very nice and very clean and everything is modern. The meeting rooms were comfortable, and the food the hotel brought up was excellent. There was nothing that really stood out and made me say "wow" about the hotel, but it was more than I would expect for lodging in this category.

If I had any complaint it would be about the pillows. There were four or five on the bed and each was too soft or too hard. That's really being nit picky, but I have to find something...

I didn't use the fitness center, but it looked really nice. There was a lot of modern equipment and it was a good sized fitness room.

As a previous reviewer mentioned, there were MANY MANY outlets that were very easy to access and distributed around the room, and multimedia attachments for the TV. The desk was a nice size, and the chair very comfortable. The view was nice as well.

I had no trouble with the wifi and did not have to pay for it either, and it seemed there were two levels of wifi available, one free and one you paid for. The free was just fine.

I can't really say anything about the location except it is convenient to the airport and many dining options. I don't know the area and we had a driver take us places, and quite honestly, I don't know if it was close to things or not but it seemed relatively convenient to everything we needed.

Room Tip: High floor if possible for a view of the water
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear wesleybean,

I am extremely happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback, it is much appreciated. Hopefully you can come back and stay with us again soon!

Thanks,

Danny
Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Just stayed two nights in one of the little Casitas (small semi-detached units) in a garden setting. Very nice. The hotel is right next to Tampa airport, but the jet noise is not really bothersome.

Unit was very clean and roomy. Only minor downside--nice wall hung flat screen tv--but only analog reception--no hi-def. I run into this a lot in hotels, they buy the tv but don't buy the connection.

A very pleasant place to stay--felt much less hemmed in than in the big glass tower. Will definitely stay there when in Tampa again.

Room Tip: Rooms with the little outside space facing the water are best. Can't really see the water throu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

I'm so happy to hear your enjoyed your time in our Casita rooms. They make you feel like you aren't in the big city. We hope you can come see us again soon.

Becky S.- Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I took my husband for a birthday getaway to Tampa. When the front desk clerk heard about the occasion, she upgraded us to a bay view room. Location is excellent, although it is a 15 minute drive to get to downtown Tampa. We preferred being right on the bay with easy access to airport, St. Petersburg (which we also visited) and many good restaurants. Rooms were modern and comfortable. What was most noteworthy was the outstanding service. Hotel staff members greeted us by name. Heather, the concierge, was extremely helpful and pleasant. Yes, they do charge for WiFi, but so do almost all high end hotels. (It is ironic that cheaper hotels give you free WiFi and the posh places charge.) The breakfast was excellent with a choice of continental and full buffet. The continental ($16) was more than enough for us, with fresh fruit, pastries, cold cereals, oatmeal, and a different extra each day, eg grilled asparagus. Since that price includes juice and coffee, it's more economical than ordering from the menu. Oystercatchers Restaurant is a lovely place to watch the sunset over drinks and/or dinner. It's a very pretty 10 min walk on the boardwalk or hotel staff will drive you there. It's not cheap, but for the price, I thought we got more than our money's worth. We felt pampered and rejunvenated.

Room Tip: You pay more for the bay view, but it's lovely.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and our wonderful staff. We are very lucky to have great people working at the hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed to location of the hotel and it's convenience. I'm also happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and the variety it offered. We would love to welcome you back to the hotel and hope to see you soon.

Becky S.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Very nice hotel in a secluded location. The room was perfect and the bed comfortable but they need to invest in some new pillows. Nice westerly view of Tampa Bay. We would probably stay again if we ever came back to Tampa.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for posting this review. I am glad to see you had a good stay at the Grand Hyatt and enjoyed the view of the bay. I will let the hotel know of your input on the pillows. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again soon.

John S-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 25 January 2014

A nice and modern hotel, but a lot of things just went wrong for me that day:
- You have to pay extra for WiFi in your room - really? That is like charging for hot water...And then the download speed was 0.3 Mbps. I complained the next day and they did not charge me for it, at least.
- I paid extra for a late check out. But of course, after 12 pm the key card would not work any more. I tried to call the front desk from the phone in the corridor, but the phone was not working.
- Later, a guy just entered the room after knocking once and not waiting for two seconds for an answer.
- Breakfast buffet was a bit disappointing. I have seen better in hotels with less stars. And the employees were more chatting with each other than serving or looking after the buffet.
- The waiter at the pool did not ask my once for an order.

The guys from the valet parking offered the most professional service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Magicflo
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Perfectly located - 3 mins from the airport, on the water, 5 mins from the BEST restaurants in Tampa, perfectly quiet in the midst of everything. Perfect food - The BEST room service meals you will ever find. Typically, room service food gets a bad rep. In all my business travels, Hyatt wins best room service food hands down. Excellent, excellent! Grand Hyatt also has some of the best restaurants in Tampa. Great, great food! Perfect decor/ambience... wonderfully designed hotel. Completely modern! Perfect service from the bellhops/luggage attendants. Will DEFINITELY choose to stay here for all my Tampa trips.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of the water. The sunsets/rises are amazing!
2  Thank Krys D
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Krys D,

I am so happy to hear you had an amazing stay at our property. We can't wait to welcome you back!

-Paul R.