Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
Ranked #3 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Highly recommend although no beach nearby if that is what you want. Very pretty hotel. Really super nice staff. Two pools that play music, have a bar and service staff. Pool by Casitas villas (a short walk from hotel) has hammocks and a very small beach area plus restaurant w/outdoor seating. Rooms are good size and nicely decorated. Food is good. Room service included healthy choices I had never seen at other chains- for example egg white only eggs and vegetable health drinks to name a few.

Gym is decent size for a hotel and includes plenty of treadmills and some free weights among other options and a bath with showers there. Rooms have small refrigerators and room safes. I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Greetings 0beachbum0,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. Excited that your whole stay from start to finish was amazing! We will be sure to praise our wonderful team members for the amazing job they did. Hotel management will definitely be forwarded your kind comments because everyone at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach deserves a round of applause. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (2,982)

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for one night on business in March 2014

I was only briefly at this hotel, checked in around 6pm, and checked out early for a 6am flight, but was amazed at how well run and well trained the staff is at this hotel.

From valet upon arrival and valet at departure, every staff member was friendly and helpful. Katie at the front desk gets the gold star for service. She was very friendly, and made small talk during checkin without making it sound scripted, she asked me if I needed help with dinner reservations or directions, and was overall just outstanding.

I had a small toiletry need, I called down, was greeted by name by the phone operator, and the issue was squared away immediately. Before dinner, we had cocktails at Armani's, and it was great, fantastic service and breathtaking sunset views from the veranda. We had dinner at Oystercatchers on property (separate review--it was not good, really really horrible actually) we had drinks in the lobby bar, and it was great. Top shelf options, very friendly service, and decent value.

In spite of leaving the hotel at 4:30, I was able to get my car brought up immediately from the valet, and got help with directions.

Overall, other than a strong warning to avoid Oystercatchers Restaurant, I can say enough good things about this hotel. I'll never stay anywhere else in Tampa.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor bay view room for the best view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DulceVida-TX

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on you recent stay with us at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay! We are so excited to hear about the amazing service you received during your short stay with us. We will be sure to send your kind comments about our staff and Katie to our executive management team for them to recognize the great job they do. I am so sorry to hear about your dinner at Oystercatchers and we hope this will not deter you from returning. We hope to welcome you back on you next trip the Tampa!

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I write this from my room in Hyatt Place, a "low-end" Hyatt in Daytona Beach Shores, that handily beats our room last night at the
Grand (?) Hyatt in Tampa . The room there was no larger than this one and the bathroom was cramped, the toilet was just about wedged against the wall in a corner. The in-room coffee was single-serve in paper cups. It was noisy. The staff, though, were prompt & courteous.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rockycomfort
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in an executive suite, which really is two adjoining rooms. One room was the living room area that had a couch , chair, desk, bathroom and TV . Lots of huge windows provided a gorgeous view of the bay. The second room was the standard king room with another beauftiful view of the bay on 2 walls! Stunning!! Very quiet and comfortable. The only thing missing for me was "outdoor" space. I would of liked a deck or someway to open a window. The grounds were beautiful. We would defiantly stay here again. So close to the airport and to all the highways.
Very relaxing weekend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Carol B,

I'm happy to hear that you had a relaxing weekend during your stay with us! I appreciate your feedback.

-Paul R.
Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Pros:
- location
- valet parking
- bfast
- gym
- close to airport and steinbrenner field

Cons:
- no queen beds; just doubles and kings
- no indoor pool

Overall a very nice hotel but perhaps doubletree or hilton garden inn are better values. We had no complaints but it would have been nice to not have a view of the parking lot.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Aa11bb
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Great location near airport but with high end office complex and lavish landscaping you feel far removed.

Latest remodel well done. Public spaces and rooms excellent. The hotels 3 restaurants are excellent but Oyster Catchers is a treasure with food, service and views impossible to beat.

Have to withhold the 5th Star due to lousy TV analog channels. Come on Grand Hyatt- your guests expect HD service!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Frequent G
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here over the weekend with my spouse. Front desk check-in with Justin was excellent, as Justin was polite and professional. Our room was very clean and neat. We enjoyed the lobby breakfast buffet, which was great.
Looking forward to another visit.

Room Tip: Bay view is very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank momentum12
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I am thrilled both you, and your spouse, enjoyed your stay. It is fantastic that you found our front desk associate, Justin, to be helpful; polite; and professional. I am pleased to hear that you found your room to be neat and clean, and enjoyable to relax in. It is also terrific that you had the opportunity to try out the delicious breakfast buffet at Petey Brown’s; I hope you enjoyed the view. Thank you for lovely words, and I hope we will be able to welcome you back on your next trip to the Tampa Bay area.

Allie H. –A Guest Relations Associate