“Close to airport”

Ranked #3 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Close to airport”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel close to the Tampa airport. It is modern and the staff were very friendly. Our room was clean and modern. Very nice shower. Pools were nice although not as large as pictures make them appear. Kids enjoyed the walk on the nature trail to the pool by the casitas. Complimentary lemonade, water and cookies in lobby was a nice surprise.

Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 March 2014

There is no reason why this hotel shouldn't be rated five-star all of the way. The amenities are aplenty, the views are awesome and the most important thing that the hotel has going for it- the staff can't do enough for you to make sure you have the most pleasant time you ever had. Everyone always greets you with a smile, the rooms are as clean and comfortable as can be, the pools are awesome, the two restaurants on property (Oystercatchers and Armani's) are top rate. We especially love Oystercatchers- great seafood while overlooking the bay...sunsets are a sight to see from there. Have been coming here for a while and look forward to come back again real soon!

Room Tip: You can't get a bad room on this property!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I'm so happy that you had a wonderful stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I'm happy that you were able to experience the great customer service our hotel has to offer. Glad that you enjoyed you time at our restaurants. We would love to have you back and hope to see you soon.

Becky S
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This place was awesome. Staff was incredibly kind and helpful, room was very clean and spacious. My only complaint (and I realize I'm reaching a bit here) is that the tv service was very grainy - I've seen better picture quality at Motel 6s. But again, that's my only complaint, and watching tv wasn't all that important to me for my trip, so not a big deal. I would love to stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank StingerHook
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and it's great staff. I'm glad you enjoyed our beautiful rooms and all the hotel had to offer. We would love to see you back again and hope to see you soon. Thank you for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel is beautiful inside and out. Unfortunately we weren't able to explore it the way we wanted to because there was some kind of convention going on. There was a mix up administratively with a member of our party and their room. The hotel was nice enough to comp his room and offer a sincere apology. The bar food was really good, I would highly recommend the Grouper Poppers.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Hands down the best hotel to stay in the Tampa area. I'm a big Hyatt fan but this hotel it best in class....everything from the rooms, staff, grounds and food are amazing. Very close to the airport for an early/late flight or close to downtown, Hyde Park or St. Pete. Highly recommend. The pool is great.

Room Tip: If you're a gold passport upgrade to a suite, highly worth it at this property.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. It is a huge compliment to call us the best hotel in the Tampa area, and we all very much appreciate your kind words. I am thrilled that you enjoy our rooms, staff, grounds, pool, and restaurants. We work very hard to try to present our guest’s with an amazing experience, and I am so happy to hear it is paying off. I’m delighted that you find our property to be convenient to not only the airport, but many parts of the city. Thank you for your support and loyalty, and I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Allie H. – A Guest Relations Associate
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have been to the Hyatt Tampa at least 4 or 5 times in the last few years. I am a Hyatt platinum
Member and almost always get some small upgrade. This is the only Hyatt where I have never felt as if my elite status had any bearing. Last time I stayed in the casitas with a tiny mosquito ridden patio. I ask for an upgrade when we checked in and was told,like all other times that they were fully booked. We noticed that night and morning there were at least 5 empty casita suites. We are going again soon and hope to have a better experience .love the Clearwater Hyatt. Never a problem

Room Tip: I like the newly renovated casitas
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Because of a surgical procedure at the Laser Spine Institute, we spent a total of nearly three weeks in Tampa. Our original choice was the Tampa Bay Westin as it was the closest to the Institute. However, after continuing problems with that hotel (see separate review), we moved to the Tampa Grand Hyatt. While it was a bit further away, it was one of the best moves we have ever made.

The Grand Hyatt provided one of the best hotel experiences we have had in years (see other reviews). It is a beautiful hotel and our suite, with the extensive sunset views was spectacular. Furnishings were both beautiful and functional and housekeeping was outstanding (we asked for early turn down service and it was delivered promptly every evening of our stay).

Perhaps the best feature of this hotel is that, unlike most new luxury hotels, they have a choice of restaurants. On the main floor of the hotel, the 1823 Kitchen served light food in a casual but comfortable venue. From there, it was a short walk along a beautifully constructed boardwalk to Oystercatchers, an outstanding seafood restaurant, located in a lovely pool and beach area. On the top floor of the hotel was Armani's, one of the most beautiful restaurants I have ever entered. Elegant furnishings, accompanied by water views in every direction. The food and service in each of these restaurants was impeccable.

As noted, it was one of the best hotel stays we have ever experienced. Given that our suite was similarly priced to the very unsatisfactory Westin Tampa Bay suite, my only regret is that we didn't begin our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank byrddawg
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay; and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us, and it is a huge compliment that you wish you would have started your stay sooner. It’s fantastic to hear you enjoyed your suite, and the sunset views it provided. I am so happy to know that our staff made your stay easy and enjoyable; especially since you were in the area for a surgical procedure. I’m sure the housekeeping staff will be as excited as I am to hear your complimentary words regarding their services, and I will be passing them along so they may be recognized. It is a treat to hear your remarks regarding our restaurants, and how much you enjoyed them. They have such amazingly delicious options, and great views; it is always fantastic to hear them receive such an enthusiastic review. I am full of joy learning that this was one of the best hotel experiences you have had in years, and very much hope that we can welcome you back again on your next visit to the Tampa Bay area. Next time, we will see if we can top it.

Allie H. – A Guest Relations Associate