US$169
US$116
US$192
US$144
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

US$212
US$153
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Sailport Waterfront Suites(Tampa)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$119
SailportSuites.com
Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore(Tampa)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$85
3,205 results
All reviewsnature walkthe main hoteloystercatchers restaurantnature preserveoystersclose to the airportbeautiful propertylobby barself parkingroom servicecorner roombusiness meetingvery nice hotelbusiness hotelclearwater beachinternational plazafree shuttle
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This place was amazing, beautiful and relaxing. We came to Tampa from Colorado for a wedding at the end of may 2014 and booked a room at the Hyatt. Arrival was late, around 10, but when we called the hotel they said they would be happy to send a shuttle to pick us up. Five minutes later the shuttle arrives, the driver loads our luggage and after offering us ice cold bottled water, which was much needed, off we went to the hotel. I have stayed in Hyatt's before so I kind of had an expectation, all I can say is this Hyatt lived up to every one of them. People were opening doors for us, smiling and greeting us as we walked by and the check-in was seamless and quick.
I really need to start writing down names because some of these people were going completely out of their way to make us comfortable. From the shuttle drivers to the maids to the guys driving back and forth between the casitas and the hotel...in golf carts...classic, everyone was friendly and helpful.
The best part was this....after exploring a bit, we discovered the casitas, small house like buildings just down the road from the main hotel yet still part of Hyatt. There are probably 50 of them and they are set out by the bay. The housekeeper graciously let us look in one of them and we were set, we wanted one, besides, this was where the majority of the wedding party was staying. We went to the front desk and not only did they set us up with one, they set up our friends who traveled with us with one as well, no hassle, no nothing, you want it, you got it.
Oystercatchers is also on the property by the casitas and is very good, yet very pricey....what the heck, you're on vacation right?? At the casitas there was a great pool with lots of action, the flowers were blooming hardcore and the grass was a rich green, lush.

My recommendations:
1. Get a casita, they are well worth it. If you don't like bugs, snakes, lizards and these cute little fiddler crabs, stay in the main hotel and off any of the paths. They are harmless but bountiful.
2. Bring lots of money. The bar in the hotel was ridiculously overpriced for what you get, but we were hungry, thirsty and really didn't care. Total for five people, drinks and some finger food, was well over $100. OysterCatchers is quite pricey as well but worth every penny. We went in shorts, polo tops and flip-flops and were greeted and attended to like we were wearing our tuxedos and gowns.
3. Finally, if the drone of jets taking off and landing grates on your nerves, well, find a different hotel. It did seem though that they did not takeoff in the middle of the night, started up around 7am and seemed to quit around 10pm. Maybe I just got used to it but it never bothered me.

Go, stay, relax, eat great seafood (recommend the grouper, yum), sit by the pools and enjoy the pampering.
Not sure if I will ever be back in Tampa ever again but you can bet your behind I will be staying here.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms cost extra. Casitas are $15 more than a regular room, worth it!! Just ask, smile, and be nice, it really works to get what you want.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We went on a weekend trip with the kids for a bit of shopping for us and a trip to Busch Gardens for them. Originally we were going to stay at one of the hotels right next to the mall for ease but I read prior reviews for this hotel and couldn't resist.I wasn't disappointed.
There were hardly any kids at the hotel but this didn't mean it wasn't a good place for kids. The pool was nice, there was open spaces and the nature trail. They had a movie outside by the pool one of the nights.
All of the staff were lovely and very accommodating and really nice to us and the children. Breakfast yummy and very reasonable (in fact the kids were free which was great)
Really close to the airport and mall with free shuttles yet a feeling of space and nature at the same time. Loved the views. Great experience, would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am so glad to hear that we did not disappoint and that you really enjoyed your stay. It sounds like the kids had such a fun time too. I hope we will get to welcome your family back soon for yet another great stay.

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Business brings me to Tampa about 6 times a year over the last 10 years. I have stayed everywhere and love the West shore Area. It's like most Grand Hyatt's. Amazing. If you get a King you'll have a huge TV, a sectional couch, and a great lobby area with food,snacks etc. It's close to the airport and two malls, one of which is my favorite. Dozens of great places to eat within a mile radius. And I mean GREAT places to eat.

Room Tip: Get the king.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Hyatt Guest Relations associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

So glad you make the Grand Hyatt Tampa your choice for travel to the area. We appreciate the wonderful feedback regarding the comforts of the room and the convenience to airport and dining in the area.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

Julie B--Hyatt Guest Relations

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel!!! The entire staff went out of their way to make our stay perfect...I was traveling with my 94 year old mother, and I had asked for an early check-in, however when we arrived our suite was not ready. so the girl at the desk without hesitation said I'll up-grade you to a better suite so you won't have to wait.... We were thrilled, and oh my the suite was huge and so beautiful. My Mother said it was the nicest room she had ever stayed in :) We went and sat by the pool for a couple hours and and were waited on hand & foot by the pool staff. When we arrived back upstairs to our suite the staff had left us a beautiful fruit tray with a card that read "we hope you enjoy your stay!! Please accept these treats to add to your relaxation. Warmest Wishes The Front Desk" We will be back... Oh and the resturant Oystercatchers was stunning, and the food was fabulous!!!

Room Tip: The view from the 11th floor are amazing!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

No weak spots at The Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, from the front desk to the housekeeping everything was immaculate. The restaurant staff were all excellent, the bartender was knowledgeable and willing to create the drink my mind desired. The views were breathtaking from my room, as well as from the club room. The club lounge was very relaxed and the hors d'oeuvre were delightful. There truly is nowhere else in Tampa to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

work and commitment of our staff was instrumental in that success and you enjoyed very much our restaurants and the Hors D'oeuvres offered at the Grand Club. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate