3,284 results
All reviewsnature walkthe main hoteloystercatchers restaurantnature preserveoystersclose to the airportbeautiful propertylobby barroom serviceself parkingcorner roombusiness meetingvery nice hotelbusiness hotelclearwater beachinternational plazafree shuttle
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I live in Tampa Bay, yet this is one of our favorite hotels to "get away". Near the airport with a shuttle, VIEWS that rival anywhere in the world and two of the best special restaurants in the state, Oyster Catchers and Armanis....truly memorable. The rooms are spacious with big windows overlooking the bay and bay bridges, or back to the city skyline.

Room Tip: We prefer the Bay view suite for long weekend stays. The corners are our favorites and if you get on an upper floor, the views are even more spectacular, as you see from the photo I loaded.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Having just read the previous reviews and having stayed in other "Grand Hyatt Resorts" I think now that disappointing is a little under stated.
We were meeting our daughter having not seen her or our grandsons for months, my daughter tried on four occasions to reserve two rooms, she was unable to, the reservation was finally made through Amex who were very happy to assist even though the hotel were not able to reserve us a room??
My husband explained this on arrival we were not able to have a casita. The rooms were fine.
We were given a credit for breakfast which was an extremely busy affair our table unfortunately had an unclean smell, my husband did not even attempt breakfast, my daughter had a hair in her porridge when we explained this on checkout the receptionist said 'oh I am sorry ' .
No we would not return as at this particular resort we did not find the normal service that you find at a Hyatt.

Room Tip: High level
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank fivestarKent
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a weekend in June to attend a wedding. Very easy access to Tampa, St Petersburg, shopping malls. Free parking in the hotel lot was very much appreciated for me and my visitors. Just drive in!

The facilities in the hotel including pool/sun loungers, small beach area, boardwalk and gazebo, gym and lobby were really great and the trip was wonderful.

The breakfast buffet was great, the personalised omelette I had both mornings was outstanding and the breakfast room table service was notable in that it was extremely calm and friendly. The staff made time to say hi and chat briefly which was most appreciated.

Overall I couldn’t fault this hotel and would chose this destination and hotel again in view of the superb service and amenities.

Room Tip: View of the bay is a nice feature
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DrDanWest
HyattGuestRelations, Hyatt Guest Relations at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2015

Thank you for expressing your great appreciation regarding our World Class Service provided to you during your week-end stay in June for a wedding at the Grand Hyatt Tampa. It is always nice to hear positive and appreciative feedback from our loyal customer regarding our pool/sun loungers, small beach area, boardwalk and gazebo, gym and lobby, and free parking in addition to our great buffet breakfast and the personalized and outstanding omelette offered by our chef every morning. Without forgetting the briefly chat made by our great staff who took the time to stop by while you were our guest. We are grateful to know that those little touches made by our staff made your stay more enjoyable and memorable. Your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is truly a beautiful hotel. I was quite impressed with it. The staff was excellent. They exceeded our already high expectations. The room was so nice and very comfortable. It was large for a downtown hotel. I am looking forward to our next stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam B

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa. It is always a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your destination and you were quite impressed by our beautiful hotel and its excellent staff to a level we exceeded already your high expectations. Also, we are very pleased to hear that you are looking forward to your next stay in Tampa and you highly recommend this property for friends and family members. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This place was amazing, beautiful and relaxing. We came to Tampa from Colorado for a wedding at the end of may 2014 and booked a room at the Hyatt. Arrival was late, around 10, but when we called the hotel they said they would be happy to send a shuttle to pick us up. Five minutes later the shuttle arrives, the driver loads our luggage and after offering us ice cold bottled water, which was much needed, off we went to the hotel. I have stayed in Hyatt's before so I kind of had an expectation, all I can say is this Hyatt lived up to every one of them. People were opening doors for us, smiling and greeting us as we walked by and the check-in was seamless and quick.
I really need to start writing down names because some of these people were going completely out of their way to make us comfortable. From the shuttle drivers to the maids to the guys driving back and forth between the casitas and the hotel...in golf carts...classic, everyone was friendly and helpful.
The best part was this....after exploring a bit, we discovered the casitas, small house like buildings just down the road from the main hotel yet still part of Hyatt. There are probably 50 of them and they are set out by the bay. The housekeeper graciously let us look in one of them and we were set, we wanted one, besides, this was where the majority of the wedding party was staying. We went to the front desk and not only did they set us up with one, they set up our friends who traveled with us with one as well, no hassle, no nothing, you want it, you got it.
Oystercatchers is also on the property by the casitas and is very good, yet very pricey....what the heck, you're on vacation right?? At the casitas there was a great pool with lots of action, the flowers were blooming hardcore and the grass was a rich green, lush.

My recommendations:
1. Get a casita, they are well worth it. If you don't like bugs, snakes, lizards and these cute little fiddler crabs, stay in the main hotel and off any of the paths. They are harmless but bountiful.
2. Bring lots of money. The bar in the hotel was ridiculously overpriced for what you get, but we were hungry, thirsty and really didn't care. Total for five people, drinks and some finger food, was well over $100. OysterCatchers is quite pricey as well but worth every penny. We went in shorts, polo tops and flip-flops and were greeted and attended to like we were wearing our tuxedos and gowns.
3. Finally, if the drone of jets taking off and landing grates on your nerves, well, find a different hotel. It did seem though that they did not takeoff in the middle of the night, started up around 7am and seemed to quit around 10pm. Maybe I just got used to it but it never bothered me.

Go, stay, relax, eat great seafood (recommend the grouper, yum), sit by the pools and enjoy the pampering.
Not sure if I will ever be back in Tampa ever again but you can bet your behind I will be staying here.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms cost extra. Casitas are $15 more than a regular room, worth it!! Just ask, smile, and be nice, it really works to get what you want.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family