We stayed here two non-consecutive nights in the same week. We only planned to stay one night but the experience was so gratifying that we decided to stay again.
We could tell almost immediately that this was a well-managed property; from the time we pulled up to the entrance and the smiling bellhops greeted us. All of the hotel staff we encountered were genuinely very friendly.
The Hotel has complimentary parking in a covered parking garage close to the hotel and you can actually find a spot easily.
The front desk clerk upgraded us to a bay view room with a spectacular view of Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg. The room was immaculately clean and looked like it had been recently updated. The pillows and mattresses were very comfortable. The Hotel itself is quiet, which is nice for someone who is a light sleeper.
We had dinner that night at their restaurant Oyster Catchers. The fried whole Red snapper was out of this world; the service even better. Our waiter, who worked at the Hotel for 20 years, was so warm and friendly and him along with Rafael the busser were so quick and efficient in their service. We did notice our waiter as he was clearing a table drop and break a glass, but he wasn’t the least bit flustered, and he and Rafael cleaned up the mess so quickly it was like it didn’t even happen.
Alan who brought our luggage up to our room was so polite and friendly it felt like I had known him for years. And we can’t forget Lila from Belarus the Hostess in the breakfast buffet. She was so kind to us that she made us feel like family.
The weather during our stay was cool and rainy, but thankfully they heat the swimming pool. It could have been a little warmer, but certainly warm enough to do my laps. The pool area was very clean and nicely landscaped with Date and Foxtail Palms. We discovered on our second stay, a pier near Oyster Catchers that goes out into Tampa Bay. At the end of the pier were two Adirondack chairs. My wife and I sat down in the chairs and witnessed the most spectacular sunset over Tampa Bay. As a second treat, we were able to see several sharks and Manatee swimming around right below our feet.
Kudos goes out to this Hotel’s General Manager and his/her fine staff. We will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay offers a unique retreat for business travelers and vacationers alike. This 4 Diamond, waterfront hotel set among 35 tropically landscaped acres offers 442 deluxe guest rooms including 23 suites, 45 casitas and exclusive Grand Club accommodations, two swimming pools, tennis courts, a nature trail, three restaurants including award winning Armani's high atop the 14th floor and Oystercatchers at the waters edge. Conveniently located five minutes to Tampa International Airport with complimentary shuttle and International Plaza & Bay Street Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Hotel Tampa
- Hyatt Tampa Bay
- Tampa Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Florida