“Beautiful Place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey, United States
“Beautiful Place”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a room on the 6th floor facing Tampa Bay and it was beautiful. We stayed for 4 nights. The staff was very nice and catered to our needs. The accomondations were excellent. The property deserves to be explored, walk the property and you'll find the "cassitas" and the resort side to be wonderful. Close onsite parking garage. The food and drinks are a bit pricey but it is the Hyatt!
I would defineately stay there again

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Bay
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
It is such a pleasure to read that you had an outstanding stay at our property. I am delighted you found the staff to be very nice and accommodating. We have a great staff that prides themselves on providing exceptional customer service. Your kind words and recommendation are our biggest compliment. I hope we can have you back at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay in the near future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
McLouth, Kansas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is large and awsome. The staff here are very nice and work with you on your needs. I would come back here again if I were to win the lottery though. The price of drinks are outragous along with the price of Breakfast. Thanks goodness they threw in Breakfast free with the room. Becuase $23 for breakfast bill per person is crazy. Draft Domestic Beer on tap is over $5, thats more expensive than a beer at a Concert or Sports Game. One last complaint, booked my room back in March for July, and they still gave me a room facing the Highway and not the Bay. That was not cool of them, still made about that, same with my little lady.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in regards to your stay. I'm disappointed to hear that the hotel was unable to accommodate your request to have a bay view room. It is great to hear though that the staff was all very friendly and were able to assist you. I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Thanks,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I do over 100 hotel nights per year. I'm not easily impressed and a crappy hotel room makes me cranky! The Grand Hyatt Tampa if exceptional! It is over 20 years old but the renos and upkeep make it look fresh and new. Rooms and bathrooms are lovely, luxurious, high end furnishings and amenities. Hallways, lobby areas, elevators very clean, bright and feel new. Armani's...I have no words. Truly spectacular! All hotel staff is so accommodating and friendly. Breakfast in the lounge was excellent. Views of the bay, spectacular. Price, same as the HGI or Embassy Suites just up the road, neither of which are even close to the same caliber.

Room Tip: Above 8th floor, bay view. Make sure you get a renovated room. Some appear to still have the origina...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Maleo32
Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I'm so thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful property. I'm so happy to hear about the service you received from all of our associates. They are instrumental in or hotel's success. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Probably my favorite hotel in Tampa when I am in town. Everything is really close and considering you don't really need to drive anywhere once you get to it that's a wonderful thing...Tampa traffic can be brutal. A lot of things within to do within a few minute walk or cab ride. The accommodations are impeccable as is the staff and the property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hollywood B
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked a night here online because it was a pet friendly hotel. Upon check-in we found out that the only pet friendly area of the hotel are in the Villas on the bay which are significantly more expensive....so we let Winston poop in the Koi Pond.

Room Tip: Don't run with scissors
2 Thank WSMFP222
Danville, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful trip here. I loved Armani's where I had the fresh catch a delightfully prepared with two filets with a delicate sauce on a bed of potatoes and rock shrimp. Very light and went well with the pinot Grigio. Room had a HDMI connection so I could plug my iPad and watch Amazon prime. Comfy and clean. I was on the 14th floor glad I chose this sight

Stayed July 2014
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you very much for your review! I'm pleased to hear you enjoy Armani's and your stay at the hotel. Come back and see us again soon at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay!

Thanks,

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed 4 days with 500 of our closest friends. The hotel was ours and we had so much fun in the pool at the bar in the the reception hall for dinner. They were able to keep everyone of us happy, fed and full of drinks. The food was great breakfast and dinner. They have 3 restraunts Oystercatchers has really great seafood and there is one on the top floor we didn't go to. You cannot walk anywhere but they do have a shuttle if more than a few people are going. The rooms are all big with refrigerators and huge windows. We were over the pool on 3rd floor and could not hear our friends at all. The beds are nice with lots of pillows. Will differently go back.

Room Tip: Get room on high floor in back as sunsets are beautiful .
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
I'm pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and were able to take advantage of the amenities the hotel has to offer. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, come back and see see us again very soon. We would love to have you back!

Thanks!