“Great for everyone!”

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
Ranked #2 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed two nights, August 1st and 2nd, and had a wonderful time. We did not have a bayside room but it was bright and was a great spot to view the sunrise. Rooms were well spaced, immaculate,updated, the beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was well stocked. Service was spot on helpful and friendly. They made us all feel special and important regardless of how we looked (tired), smelled (fishy), or when we were all showered and dressed-up ready to go out. We walked the nature trail a few times, fished off the dock with our morning Starbucks coffee (free in the lobby before 7am), had our complimentary lemonade and cookies in the afternoon, played bean bag toss, ping pong, and had frozen drinks at the pool side bar in the early evening. I would most definitely stay there again- with family, for a couples weekend, or a girls getaway.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bezfam
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Bezfam,

I am so pleased to hear of your wonderful stay. It's great to know the efforts made by our staff made a lasting impression. Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing Hyatt.

Regards,
Paul R. - Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (2,985)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

i always stay at this hotel when I am visiting the west coast of Florida. The rooms are large and furnished with modern, light-colored furniture, and I often have a panoramic view of lovely Tampa Bay. The staff, from van driver to check-in desk people to waitstaff at their several restaurants go out of their way to be helpful, friendly, and efficient--but not falsely effusive. The atmosphere is that of an oasis away from the cares of the world, with a long, mangrove-lined boardwalk to a bayside gazebo or a very nice restaurant (Oystercatchers), with nice surprises like white ibises digging for their supper or little fiddler crabs climbing the trees to scavenge tender leaf tips. I always feel relaxed, cared for, away from it all, and well-fed by the time I need to catch a flight home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank lesliiek

Lesli K,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your past stay with us. It's great to know that the efforts of all of the staff combined with the hotel's location make it a great place to stay when visiting.

Safe travels,
Paul R. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 8 August 2014

First of all, Kenny. My husband checked us into our casita with Kenny and Kenny is THE BEST! We live in Florida but visited Tampa for a concert and my brother-in-law joined up with us. Our original plan was to have one casita and get BIL a rollaway bed. We had our dog with us also and quickly realized that the room was becoming pretty crowded. We went back to Kenny to see what we could do… the hotel was quite full but Kenny managed to hook us up with another casita for BIL and did not break the bank!! We love you, Kenny, wherever you are. Because of you, we will be back to the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay whenever we are in town. I loved the area for the casitas! They are tucked into the lush and beautifully maintained tropical gardens. They are also incredibly convenient when traveling with a dog… no elevators or long hallways to negotiate when a puppy has to potty! We also very much enjoyed the additional pool, etc.. for the casita community - the only issue we had there was that the poolside bar is not open during the week so we had to go into the restaurant bar to get our drinks which is not a big deal, we understand why. However, the daytime bar service was astonishingly slow! Each time we were left waiting and dripping wet while people just kept walking by us. Each time we had to hunt down the bartender and I hate having to do things like that. We couldn't really tell if the place was open or not because the wait time (dripping wet) to get a drink was absurd - a little bit of a glitch. But on Friday the poolside bar was open and our bartender was awesome! All in all, we had a fantastic getaway!!

Room Tip: Book a casita!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. I'm especially happy to hear about the service you received from Kenny. We have wonderful staff who are instrumental in our hotel's success. I will certainly forward your experience with Kenny to his manager so he is properly recognized. I'm happy that you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and casitas. I am disappointed to hear about your experience with the bar. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We travel A LOT for business. We pay higher prices because we want comfort, full service, clean, and professional well trained staff. This was our 2nd time here. The last time we received all of our expectations. This time, however an event was happening, and we did not receive any of these! Shaniqua informed me our room was not "clean yet"... So I was just left standing there waiting... I asked that my husbands room key be left at front desk for when he returned..added his name to reservation even... They did NOT DO IT... He had to wait for them to call up and me give approval.. Then the key they made him didn't work.
Then later ordered dinner up, we had no steak knives, or my husbands salad.. This hotel can't handle Events, so make sure you ask BEFORE making a reservation.
We won't stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Tbird42004
HyattGuestRelations, Hyatt Guest Relatons at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Resort. I'm very sorry to hear of all the problems you had from you room not being ready, you room key not working and room service not providing the correct utensils, and food. I have forwarded all your observations to the hotel management team to address so hopefully these issues can be addressed so no other guest has to experience these delays. We hope to welcome you to Hyatt again for a much better experience.
L Murcek, Hyatt Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I love this hotel! It has everything you would like. Hotel,casitas,2 pools,overlooking tampa bay, gorgeous view of the bay. Beach area,wet bars outside by the pool areas.hotel has an exercise room,several banquet rooms for weddings, meetings etc. a great restaurant & a bar. A restaurant on the premises called Oystercatchers I'd owned by Hyatt,is on the bay side! Excellent place for dining & atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bayside
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for providing you feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful amenities. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a room on the 6th floor facing Tampa Bay and it was beautiful. We stayed for 4 nights. The staff was very nice and catered to our needs. The accomondations were excellent. The property deserves to be explored, walk the property and you'll find the "cassitas" and the resort side to be wonderful. Close onsite parking garage. The food and drinks are a bit pricey but it is the Hyatt!
I would defineately stay there again

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Bay
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

It is such a pleasure to read that you had an outstanding stay at our property. I am delighted you found the staff to be very nice and accommodating. We have a great staff that prides themselves on providing exceptional customer service. Your kind words and recommendation are our biggest compliment. I hope we can have you back at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay in the near future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is large and awsome. The staff here are very nice and work with you on your needs. I would come back here again if I were to win the lottery though. The price of drinks are outragous along with the price of Breakfast. Thanks goodness they threw in Breakfast free with the room. Becuase $23 for breakfast bill per person is crazy. Draft Domestic Beer on tap is over $5, thats more expensive than a beer at a Concert or Sports Game. One last complaint, booked my room back in March for July, and they still gave me a room facing the Highway and not the Bay. That was not cool of them, still made about that, same with my little lady.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in regards to your stay. I'm disappointed to hear that the hotel was unable to accommodate your request to have a bay view room. It is great to hear though that the staff was all very friendly and were able to assist you. I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Thanks,