The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa
SailportSuites.com
US$616
Travelocity
1,962 results
All reviewsbay harborhulk hoganbeach barwhiskey joesbay view roomclearwater beachclose to the airportthe shuttle drivernice poolchristinemorganscausewaycruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Our room faced the Bay with tiki huts and pool views, you could see the dolphins swimming by and music playing in the air from the bar area it was great. The service was awesome and the rooms super clean. The hotel is surrounded by Resturant and 20 minutes to Clearwater Beach. We would definitely stay their again.

Room Tip: It's also 10 minutes to Tampa International Airport for those wanting to stay near the airport.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Evelyn C
BAYHARBOR, Front Office Manager at The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Dear Evelyn C,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know about your positive experience. We look forward to seeing you again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 9 days with my husband and my 6yo daughter and I have to say that it was a very good stay! The staff were very friendly and helpful! Rooms were neat and clean and the view from our blcony was priceless. It was really nice to be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the music from the Hogans bar and watch the sunset at the same time. I have already plan to stay there again next year, but this time hopefully it would be 14 days:)

Room Tip: 4th floor was alot quieter and nice-rm 420 is where we stayed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank casicien
BAYHARBOR, Front Office Manager at The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Dear Casicien,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and are already planning another one. That says alot! Thank you for taking the time to let us know. The team and I are pleased that our customer service, along with the room cleanliness, music and views from your balcony, all contributed to your wonderful stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family next year!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I spent a couple of nights here on a business trip. The staff were all very capable and helpful, the bed was very comfortable but the place felt a little shabby and in need of a makeover. There was quite a bit of noise in the corridors at night and both nights I was awoken by revellers moving around and calling to each other.

Hogans Beach is a little loud if you are used to the quiet life but is not too bad after you have adjusted to it. The menu is not too exciting but both meals I had were well prepared and very tasty.

The hotel offers free wifi and a free airport shuttle, the latter takes only 5 minutes door to door.

I would stay here again if I was travelling on business but would probably look elsewhere if I had children with me.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim A

Dear Tim A,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel. Our team is pleased that we exceeded your expectations with our customer service, the tasty meals and the amenities we provide. We fully agree that our property needs a makeover and we have plans for an extensive renovation program that would include the refurbishing of all the guest rooms. I do apologize for the noise issues you experienced. We are taking steps to increase the security presence in the hotel on weekends to prevent any instances of noisy persons roaming the hotel and affecting our guests. Although Hogan's Beach has a livelier atmosphere on the outdoors, it remains more family-friendly in the indoor dining area.

Again, we thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your future stays with us!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Spent two nights here at the beginning of our holiday, we had a bay view room and the view was great and worth the extra

After our visit last year the restaurant has changed and now it's Hogans, it was busy both nights and the food was good, the bar was lively and the beach volleyball was very busy

I would stay again without hesitation

Room Tip: Have a bay view room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank garyc2106
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We are BW Gold members and were extremely disappointed in this hotel. The outside looked fairly decent as does the lobby. That's where it stops. The halls are musty smelling and the rooms are well-used and not too clean. if you have asthma or other allegories -- AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS. I had to use my inhaler several times due to the mustiness.

This hotel is in desperate need of a gut job! Our room had carpet that was lumpy and threads pulled, lampshades with rust, curtains with mildew, shower had mildew on the tile, and the latch was broken on the sliding door. People from neighboring balconies could easily climb across the dividers and onto our balcony. Also, the pool area, while very nice to look at, the alleged heated pool was COLD! Airport shuttle only starts at 6am -- so much for those of us who have to catch flights at 630 and need to be at the airport earlier!

Room Tip: Stay at the Double Tree across the street. The rooms there are much nicer, cleaner and the service is excellent. if you must stay at this BW, then stay on the city view if you want quiet. Bay rooms face the bars where you'll hear people in the pool and music all night long.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy516
BAYHARBOR, Front Office Manager at The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Tracy516,

Thank you for being Best Western Rewards members and for submitting your comments about your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. You stated "This hotel is in desperate need of a gut job". To that end, we have plans for a multimillion dollar renovation project, which will definitely address most of your concerns. During the spring and summer months, the pool would not heat because of the high outdoor temperatures we experience here in Florida. Also, please note that we do offer an early shuttle, starting at 5 A.M. for our guests who request it - but like most hotels in the area, our shuttle's official starting time is 6 A.M. Once again, I apologize for your less than stellar stay, and we hope you will visit us in the future to experience our updated rooms.

Kind Regards,