“More then us staying in the room”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bay Harbor Hotel

Bay Harbor Hotel
Ranked #71 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
A TripAdvisor Member
“More then us staying in the room”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

There were hundreds of ants in the bathroom. All we got from the staff was 'we'll look into it". The carpet by the door was wet into the hallway. They sprayed something on it. The rooms smelled damp. NO room safes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I'm sorry that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. From your brief comments, I can't tell exactly what happened and what was done about it. In any case, I hope you will try us again the next time your plans bring you to our area. We do have safes for guests, located at the front desk. Just ask to use one. They are provided free of charge.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Turkish first
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

we visited this hotel for a 3 night stay in November 2013 and we were appalled at the attitude of the staff and the best western company, on the 2nd day there I had a pair of trousers either stolen or taken from my room,when we went to the reception to report this we were told to call back later in the day all in all we visited the reception 5 times and had to explain each time my complaint(nobody thought to make a note of this) and still they couldn't help on the last day I spoke to the manager who filled in an incident report and told me he would be in contact with me ,I informed him that we were continuing on our journey and that we wouldn't be back home until the beginning of dec so he took my home number and said he would contact me.needless to say he didn't,so I decided to email them and again had to explain what had happened only to receive an email back telling me THAT IT WAS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HOTEL IF SOMETHING WAS STOLEN OR TAKEN FROM MY ROOM,i asked for the address of their head office and they told me to write to a Mr Kong who was the ceo of the company which I did only to get a reply from somebody else telling me the same I also asked them who was then responsible for things going missing from rooms and they just replied that it wasn't best westerns .therefore I certainly wont be visiting any best western ever again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear berniecon,

I am sorry about your experience at our hotel. I do apologize that the staff did not act more promptly on your requests to look for your pants. Filling out the incident report and calling the police, is a guest requests, is all we can do. That is the normal procedure for most hotels in the U.S. I'm sorry that ruined your stay. I hope that here was something about the hotel and the Tampa Bay area that you liked and that one bad experience won't keep you from coming back.

Parma, Ohio
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were going to stay here one night after a cruise. We checked into this hotel and when we went to our room it was a huge disappointment. The room was very dirty. The hallways appeared to be unkepted too. We went down to the lobby and asked to get our money back. We were then offered a "remodeled room". The only difference was newer carpet and a painted room. We went back down to the lobby and checked out.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Traci14
BAYHARBOR, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Traci14,

I'm sorry you were disappointed in our hotel. Let me assure you, your first room may have been dated, but it was not dirty. Our Housekeeping Department gives the rooms a thorough cleaning after each guest departs and supervisors check their work. Much more was done to our new rooms that just painting and re-carpeting. Whenever you feel that you would like to give us another chance, please come back.

Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2014

nice location close to the airport with a shuttle. The front desk staff were very professional and it showed that they enjoyed their work even when it was very busy. The attached Hulk Hogan bar was a unique experience and worthy of a visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Sandy W
Dear Sandy W,

Thank you for your short 'n sweet review. The front desk staff got a real kick out of it. It's always nice to be appreciated. Your description of Hogan's Bar was one of the best I've ever heard. It hit the nail right on the head. I think I'm going to start using it myself. "A unique experience, worthy of a visit." When you come back, I'll cut you in on the royalties.

Hancock V
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I know some rooms are being renovated but does that mean the carpets in corridors and public areas should be dirty, dusty and in need of a vacuum? I have no complaints about the staff, they were very helpful indeed at the front desk at all hours. I used the gym every morning and again it appeared a little bit dirty, just a once a day clean is not too much too ask. The room was o.k. but difficult to tell if it had been renovated or not, either it is due or, if done, then I'd expect something better. There's a spacious bar, Hogan's Beach, that is big, noisy and without charm. The food was alright and again the staff very enthusiastic and helpful. The breakfast there was very good though with a great choice range. Can't fault this place by value. Being so close to the airport is a big advantage, if I were in the area again I'd try the Westin, close by.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a view of the water, odd numbers look on to the front and car park.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alan M
Dear Alan M,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a comprehensive review of our hotel. I know the staff appreciates being recognized in a positive way. I will be letting the Housekeeping Supervisor know of an area where we fell short. I really liked your comment that you thought we were a good value, but you'd like to try somewhere else the next time. That's what this site is all about. Guests can read the comments of others and make choices for themselves. I really feel that after shopping around, you will agree that for the money, we are the best value for a waterfront, airport hotel in the Tampa area. We're looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Cleveland, New York
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Great hotel, beautiful vew of harbor from our balcony room. Despite ongoing renovations management made sure current guests were not inconvenienced. Staff friendly & helpful. Convenient location to downtown Tampa & Airport. Unfortunately weather was too cool to utilize the beautiful pool, but perhaps next time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank DianeA37
Dear DianeA37,

Thank you for your review. Sorry about the weather. It's back up to 83 degrees and sunny today. We'll keep the pool nice for you until the next time. Please don't wait too long to come back.

Weeki Wachee, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I stay here when flying out of Tampa. We haven't been here in a while and was surprised at the renovations done. Our room was spacious and the beds very comfortable. The hotel is on the water with amazing views. Nice pool and airport shuttle . Leave your car for a nominal fee. Check out Hogans beach bar!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the water. Sunsets and sunrises are a nice added touch.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetotravel0075
Dear Lovetotravel0075,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you liked our renovations. Since you "lovetotravel," please don't stay away so long. We'll be looking forward to seeing you again.