“a family reunion”

Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel
Ranked #57 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 22 July 2014

this was a big hotel with a little staff. glad to say the problems we incurred were quickly corrected. there is a nice sized pool.
there is no free wifi unless u r a gold member. and generally the cell signal sucked.. there are shuttles to area casinos.
we got special rates for the event so know that pricing varies widely...

it was just ok.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Meredith S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us in July. We were sorry to see that you thought your time with us was just OK. As you mentioned, we do charge for wireless internet access in the rooms, however we offer complimentary wi-fi in the lobby area of the hotel for all guests. We also have the Link at Sheraton powered by Microsoft available for complimentary internet access and printing located in the lobby just beside the Front Desk. We hope that if you find yourself back in the Tampa area that you give our property a second chance to provide you with a top notch stay.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Most Sheraton and other Starwood properties tend to be priced on the high side compared to many peer properties. However, Starwood properties are generally more updated and modern than other brands. This property was great with the best of both worlds with very moderate nightly rates and the high standards of Starwood.

We stayed here a total of 2 nights but checked in and out twice since we didn't know exactly how long we were staying due to our project. But the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful at both check in and check out. Because we checked out and checked back in, we had 2 different rooms, one on the 4th floor and one on the 3rd floor. The rooms were both double rooms and essentially identical. Everything was very clean and the beds were a dream to sleep in; very comfortable. I enjoyed the pod coffee makers as well.

There were a couple minor negatives like the lack of free WiFi (although this is common for Starwood in general) and a quirky location. It's not a bad location it's just a bit removed from the city and restaurants. But it is a nice midway point between Downtown Tampa and Brandon/Riverview, yet removed from the riff-raff hotels that permeate East Tampa.

Overall, the Sheraton was a great choice for our stay. A clean, modern, and comfortable room with good customer service are among the most basic needs and those were all met. The price was right and I'd definitely return again when in Tampa.

Room Tip: The hallways are quite long so you may want to request a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Meredith S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Ben L.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Tampa East. I was thrilled to see that you were pleased with the level of service provided to you by our staff as well as the cleanliness of the rooms. I will be sure to share your review with our team members as they work hard to ensure all of our guests thoroughly enjoy their time with us. As you mentioned, we do charge for wi-fi in the rooms, however we do offer complimentary wi-fi in the public spaces of the hotel. We also offer a complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel to assist with getting our guests to area restaurants as we realize that options within walking distance are a bit limited. Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My hubby & I stayed @the Sheraton Tampa East over the 4th of July weekend. We go to the Hard Rock Casino in Tampa often, & usually spend at least 2 nights in a hotel. This was our first stay @ the Sheraton, & I have to say, it was top notch! The hotel itself is beautiful, the lobby is huge & impressive, & I was amazed by how clean & well kept our room (actually the entire hotel) was. The beds are SUPER plush & very comfortable, & our room was perfect, we slept like logs (NO noise). The oversized pool is wonderful, & surrounded by lovely plants & trees. Lots of chairs/tables are available nearby to relax, & we LOVED the lounge chair cushions, so nice! And, above all, the hotel staff is exceptional (A SPECIAL THANK YOU to Barbara - we saw at least 7 fireworks displays from rm 410, perfect!! - also to Princess, & Amanda! I'd have to say that the only minor drawback for us was not having a fridge/microwave in our room, but, with plenty of ice available, our cooler worked well (we requested a fridge but apparently none were available). So, we would DEFINITELY recommend the Sheraton Tampa East to anyone, &, we'll be back! TIP: For the best prices, & other perks, sign up with Starwood Hotels @ www.spg.com.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review regarding your stay over the holiday weekend. We were thrilled to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to pass along your praises to all of our team members, particularly the three that you mentioned. I hope you had a safe trip upon your departure and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed one night + most of next day using meeting rooms. I arrived very late. Overnight front desk person was very pleasant and efficient (which is very important when all you want to do is get to bed). Got to room. It is very hot and muggy, the thermostat is set pretty high. I drop it to arctic levels, but it never really caught up even overnight. So the stay was a big warm and damp. The room seemed clean. Lighting is dim. Smelled a bit like a damp basement. Not terrible, but not quite what I expect from a Sheraton. I tossed my stuff down and jumped right in bed. quickly realized that there was a ton of light in the room. The clock radio was like a lighthouse beacon. I tossed stuff on it to hide that and then noticed there was still a lot of light coming in. Big gap in the bottom of the door. Stuffed a bath towel in the gap. Now I had a dark room. Laying back down I then noticed the next problem, a lot of road noise. This necessitated my use of the emergency earplugs I keep with me. After that sleep was mostly good. The bed was comfortable. My room came with a free breakfast buffet. I was the first down at 630 when it opens. Typical fare. No made to order omelets or anything, just steam table eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, etc. Not bad, not great. The staff was attentive. Overall not the worst hotel, but not the best.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Meredith S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear AUH_tr,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Tampa East. We were sorry to see that you did not fully enjoy your visit with us, but greatly appreciate your feedback. We will be sure to review your comments with our team.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a very nice full service hotel located in the east Tampa area, just off of I-75. The property is well maintained and clean and the service was indicative of a 3+ star hotel. I had an issue with a lack of hot water in the room and the resolution came within 10 minutes of my call to guest services, good job.

Definitely worth the visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Meredith S, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear robaconk,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Tampa East. On behalf of our entire team, I apologize for the hot water issue that you encountered, but I am glad that we were able to get it corrected for you. I will be sure to share your kind words regarding the level of service and cleanliness around the property with the rest of our staff. We hope to have another opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights. We were in room 300 which is way at the left side, facing the rear. We were not bothered by any heavy traffic noise. In the quiet of the night, we could hear the road, but the noise was competing with the noise of something at the back of the hotel.... perhaps the air conditioning. It did not bother our sleep. We had cold showers the first day, but when we made a call, they were right on it and our next shower was nice and hot. The pool was nice and warm and clean. The staff members were all amazing. They really make it a 4 star.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear QueenOfStarWars,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent experience at the Sheraton Tampa East. I sincerely apologize for the issue that you encountered with lack of hot water on your first day, but I am thrilled that we were able to correct the issue for you. I'm glad that you were able to get a restful night's sleep and that you enjoyed the pool and service provided to you by our staff. I hope that you had a safe trip upon your departure from Tampa and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a pleasant stay at Sheraton Tampa East. The place is clean and smell nice. There was only a day when our floor smelled bad. We were not sure where the scent were coming from and the front desk did not know either. We met another guest along the hallway that just checked in and she asked about the scent too. I noticed the A/C along the hallway was very cold and also the hot water in the room was not really that hot.

The above did not upset or ruin out stay. I do find the staff very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Misty B.,

Thank you so much for writing a review regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Tampa East. On behalf of our entire staff, I apologize for the temporary odor in the hallway and lack of hot water that you experienced during your stay. We were glad to see that overall you were able to enjoy the property and the level of service provided to you by our staff. Should you find yourself in the Tampa area again in the future, we would love to have you back as our guest!