“Beautiful Staycation”

Sailport Waterfront Suites
Ranked #18 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I just stayed over the weekend with my boyfriend at the Sailport Waterfront Suites and I have to say I was impressed. I’m from Tampa, but I had wanted to spend some quality time with my boyfriend in a beautiful environment that wasn’t too far from our responsibilities; we both work very strenuous hours. Well after being recommended by a coworker who said the view on the water was amazing, my boyfriend booked us a room at Sailport. The room was beautifully decorated and it was relaxing being able to de-stress on the volleyball courts or go swimming in the heated pool. The staff was also very nice, a nice young lady checked us in, and Shateka was so friendly checking us out we were sad to be going back to our daily routine. The best part for me was the pier; my boyfriend had set it up so that while we were watching the sunset on the water he got down on one knee and proposed. To say I was shocked and surprised is an understatement, I don’t think I’ll ever forget that beautiful moment and I hope one day we can both return to Sailport for another stay as a married couple.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank indigo_lolita
Charlie W, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Congratulations on your recent decision to get married. We are happy to hear that Sailport Waterfront Suites could provide such a romantic setting to make this happen. We truly appreciate you taking the time to express your satisfaction and gratitude of our hotel and staff. It is great to hear positive feedback regarding our service and even better when a couple chooses to make a lifelong decision on our property. We do hope that you will take another opportunity to come and visit us again once you are happily married. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

PROS:
Incredible views from the balcony of Tampa Bay. Nice beach area with lounges, fishing pier (they lend out rods), heated pool, BBQ's, gas firepit and tiki torches are lit everynight, very relaxing to sit and watch the fish jump,
Full kitchen, excellent wifi, good size space.
Great free personalized beverage machine in lobby

CONS:
Booked online and indicated that free shuttle went to local malls. But not so at check in. When I showed the front desk the brochure for the property that stated complimentary shuttle to malls, they offered to give me one free trip to the mall (even though I was booked for 4 days). The first evening we took the shuttle to a nearby restaurant. Called to be picked up was told 10-15 minute wait and 45 minutes later, the restaurant manager felt badly that we had to wait so long and drove us back to the hotel. One of my main reasons for picking this hotel was because of the shuttle service.
Units are individually owned condos and can vary inside. The sofa bed was uncomfortable and sagged.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a balcony overlooking Tampa Bay even low floors are fine.
4  Thank holidayhelpToronto
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Sailport Waterfront Suites. I sincerely apologize for the miss information given to you by a 3rd party vendor. We have since contacted them again to let them know they are misrepresenting the hotel. I am very happy to see all the pros you added with your response. Please make sure you know that booking through a 3rd party vendor and not directly is NEVER in the best interest of any consumer. You will ALWAYS get the lowest pricing and direct contact with the hotel booking directly with the hotel. Please contact me directly so I can make it right for you regarding your transportation challenges. Thank you for choosing Sailport and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We recently were in Tampa, FL and stayed at Sailport Waterfront Suites. Immediately we were very impressed at how clean the suite was. We soon found that nothing was left out. The suite was fully supplied with all the amenities you would have in your home. We stayed 10 days and the service was excellent. I went to lobby one night to get snacks and wanted to pay for it, but desk attended refused to let me pay. Trust me, we had a great experience and would go back to this hotel without hesitation.

2  Thank legivens
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Sailport. We are so happy you were able to enjoy all that Sailport has to offer. We are excited to announce that by the end of 2013 phase 2 of the room renovations will be complete and the MULTI MILLION DOLLAR room project will be complete. The exterior projects to include a state of the art outdoor fitness center and café will be underway and completed first quarter 2014. We look forward to your next visit to Tampa. Remember you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates and other perks by booking directly through Sailport.com.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed here over a weeks times for its closeness to a Surgical Center. The suites are very nice. Bedroom was good size and a full kitchen was great to have. The staff was always willing to help and meet your needs. The drivers to the Laser Spine Institute were always professional, polite and very informative on the area (i.e restaurants, activities, and medical facility). The were a blessing to have around. Next time we are here we plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floors the better view you have of the bay.
2  Thank bgrntfr
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here through a surgical center that has an agreement with the property. This place is actually individual condominiums that some of the tenants rent out. Our condo was OK, but nothing great. The bedroom was so small that the dresser was in the closet. The bathroom sink had very little room for our toiletries & no place to hang the hair dryer. There is a make-shift office in the hallway, but no office chair. The sofa bed was uncomfortable. The most annoying thing was the WiFi. Upon scanning for a signal several options pop up for the property & they provide you with a password for protection. The only problem is that it sucks! Constant disconnections & very slow speeds. I calles the front desk & they forwarded me to the help desk. After waiting several minutes on hold, I was told to leave a message. I'm still waiting for a return call. I had very little option, but I do not recommend this property to anyone. I'm even letting the surgical center know that they should back out of any agreement they may have with this property.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate all your feedback as it allows us to be the best we can possibly be for our guests. We have immediately contacted our internet provider and they have come out and working to rectify the problems concerning WIFI. Please note that by the end of 2013 the entire property will consist of completely renovated rooms with all new furnishings. This will complete our MULTI MILLION DOLLAR rooms renovation. We will continue our MULTI MILLION DOLLAR exterior renovations with the addition of a state of the are outdoor fitness center " Fitness Island". Please contact me directly so I can have you back as my guest at Sailport so you can enjo the true Sailport experience. Please remember booking directly online with any hotel is always better than booking through a 3rd party vendor. You will always get the lowest possible rates and many other perks like early check in, late check out, room placement and direct communication with hotel staff members. Book direct at Sailport.com

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was a great find. We had a two bedroom, 2 bath. Very clean and the beds were very comfy. The couch in the living room looked good, but was not very comfortable due to sagging. Our room was a rather long walk from the elevators. Just loved the balcony overlooking a little inlet of Tampa Bay with its own little eco-system to observe. We watched schools of fish, blue crabs, herons and ducks from our balcony. Staff was very friendly except for the shuttle driver who was rather short and cranky both days he drove us. Parking seemed to be a bit of a problem although security was present and available to help direct the situation. Several vehicles were parked near the entrance making it a little challenging to drive through the property. We were here for just one night so we did not get to enjoy the beach and other amenites at the property.

Room Tip: Ask for one near the elevator.
2  Thank JcatsMassachusetts
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Booked a one night stay to be on the water and enjoy the evening before an early flight. Hotel suites have kitchens and my room (367) literally had an entire view of the water. Sitting on the balcony was relaxing. The only thing I found off was there was no where to eat at the hotel. Would have liked not to leave since it was such a short stay. Great hotel and it has a shuttle that drove me to the airport free of charge

Room Tip: 367 has an amazing view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business