“Surprise!”

Sailport Waterfront Suites
Ranked #16 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked this online while driving. It was close to the airport, right off the hwy and cheap (-$100) so expectations were not high to begin with. But wow, would I be in for a surprise.
Friendly, secured parking, elevator, painless check-in, a suite with kitchenette and private balcony overlooking the bay! I stayed an additional night just to check out the local nightlife within walking distance. A thoroughly positive lodging experience. If you see this gem, snap it up. I've since learned that this is a condo community that rents the available properties. Enjoy:)

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Max W
Charlie W, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

We are super excited to hear that your stay with us was one to remember!! We offer breathtaking water views from every room and are surrounded by plenty of amazing restaurants to make for a great overnight stay or vacation for many nights. Please continue to spread the good word about our hotel and we look forward to having you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had a very nice stay, they are independently owned rooms, so they are not all the same. Very beautiful view. They only provide room cleaning every third day. So you have to clean it yourself. Elevators are very slow.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petitpeople

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are a condo/hotel property in which offers fully equipped one bedroom and two bedroom rooms for guests arriving for either business or leisure purposes. We are currently working on a renovation project that will provide us with 170+ units which will be fully renovated providing much more consistency across our inventory. This project should be completed by January of next year so please come back and see us to take advantage of this upgraded renovation.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Booked this hotel December 2013. We arrived early and were told we could not check in until 3pm unless we paid an additional $25. If the room is ready, why do we need to pay? Very unaccommodating. My fiance went down to buy eggs this morning at 10am and after he asked if we could check out late. They asked for another $25 and we have to leave by 1pm! He told them he would not have time to make breakfast since we were not willing to pay the fee and they would not give him money back for the eggs that were just taken out of the fridge. Wifi in the room is horrible. Also, no cleaning service and not enough towels or toiletries or even toilet paper so you have to retrieve them yourself during your stay. No room service or food either and very expensive prices and limited selection in the 'grocery store'! Money hungry hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AprilNRoxi
Charlie W, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will make sure that there is more effective communication from the front desk to provide a better understanding of our early/late checkout policies.

So you are aware, we are in the process of upgrading our Internet services by changing companies and adding additional access points to increase connectivity throughout the hotel. As for the housekeeping issues, we only provide a limited cleaning service which consists of a full cleaning every third day. I understand how this process is different from some other hotels you may have stayed in, but we are an extended stay hotel which provides full amenities such as full size refrigerators, ovens, etc. which makes your stay more comfortable and more like home. I hope that someday you will provide us another opportunity to make this up to you as we strive on providing excellent customer service on a daily basis while also providing romantic/beautiful water views and extracurricular activities for all guests.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I just stayed over the weekend with my boyfriend at the Sailport Waterfront Suites and I have to say I was impressed. I’m from Tampa, but I had wanted to spend some quality time with my boyfriend in a beautiful environment that wasn’t too far from our responsibilities; we both work very strenuous hours. Well after being recommended by a coworker who said the view on the water was amazing, my boyfriend booked us a room at Sailport. The room was beautifully decorated and it was relaxing being able to de-stress on the volleyball courts or go swimming in the heated pool. The staff was also very nice, a nice young lady checked us in, and Shateka was so friendly checking us out we were sad to be going back to our daily routine. The best part for me was the pier; my boyfriend had set it up so that while we were watching the sunset on the water he got down on one knee and proposed. To say I was shocked and surprised is an understatement, I don’t think I’ll ever forget that beautiful moment and I hope one day we can both return to Sailport for another stay as a married couple.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank indigo_lolita

Congratulations on your recent decision to get married. We are happy to hear that Sailport Waterfront Suites could provide such a romantic setting to make this happen. We truly appreciate you taking the time to express your satisfaction and gratitude of our hotel and staff. It is great to hear positive feedback regarding our service and even better when a couple chooses to make a lifelong decision on our property. We do hope that you will take another opportunity to come and visit us again once you are happily married. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

PROS:
Incredible views from the balcony of Tampa Bay. Nice beach area with lounges, fishing pier (they lend out rods), heated pool, BBQ's, gas firepit and tiki torches are lit everynight, very relaxing to sit and watch the fish jump,
Full kitchen, excellent wifi, good size space.
Great free personalized beverage machine in lobby

CONS:
Booked online and indicated that free shuttle went to local malls. But not so at check in. When I showed the front desk the brochure for the property that stated complimentary shuttle to malls, they offered to give me one free trip to the mall (even though I was booked for 4 days). The first evening we took the shuttle to a nearby restaurant. Called to be picked up was told 10-15 minute wait and 45 minutes later, the restaurant manager felt badly that we had to wait so long and drove us back to the hotel. One of my main reasons for picking this hotel was because of the shuttle service.
Units are individually owned condos and can vary inside. The sofa bed was uncomfortable and sagged.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a balcony overlooking Tampa Bay even low floors are fine.
4  Thank holidayhelpToronto
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Sailport Waterfront Suites. I sincerely apologize for the miss information given to you by a 3rd party vendor. We have since contacted them again to let them know they are misrepresenting the hotel. I am very happy to see all the pros you added with your response. Please make sure you know that booking through a 3rd party vendor and not directly is NEVER in the best interest of any consumer. You will ALWAYS get the lowest pricing and direct contact with the hotel booking directly with the hotel. Please contact me directly so I can make it right for you regarding your transportation challenges. Thank you for choosing Sailport and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We recently were in Tampa, FL and stayed at Sailport Waterfront Suites. Immediately we were very impressed at how clean the suite was. We soon found that nothing was left out. The suite was fully supplied with all the amenities you would have in your home. We stayed 10 days and the service was excellent. I went to lobby one night to get snacks and wanted to pay for it, but desk attended refused to let me pay. Trust me, we had a great experience and would go back to this hotel without hesitation.

2  Thank legivens
General M, General Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Sailport. We are so happy you were able to enjoy all that Sailport has to offer. We are excited to announce that by the end of 2013 phase 2 of the room renovations will be complete and the MULTI MILLION DOLLAR room project will be complete. The exterior projects to include a state of the art outdoor fitness center and café will be underway and completed first quarter 2014. We look forward to your next visit to Tampa. Remember you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates and other perks by booking directly through Sailport.com.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed here over a weeks times for its closeness to a Surgical Center. The suites are very nice. Bedroom was good size and a full kitchen was great to have. The staff was always willing to help and meet your needs. The drivers to the Laser Spine Institute were always professional, polite and very informative on the area (i.e restaurants, activities, and medical facility). The were a blessing to have around. Next time we are here we plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floors the better view you have of the bay.
2  Thank bgrntfr