Sailport Waterfront Suites
Marriott Hotels
US$174
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$113
Doubletree.com
US$159
2,086 results
All reviewsfull kitchenlaser spine institutefire pitfishing pierrusty pelicanvolleyball courtsandy arealiving roomview of the baycovered parkingprivate beachclearwater beachheated poolrocky pointbahama breezewater viewnice pool
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I've availed myself of the various services offered by Sailport Waterfront Suites 3 times so far and plan to visit them again in the future. These 3 times were in conjunction with planned surgery at The Laser Spine Institute. My surgery was completely successful and the assistance of your wonderful hotel was a big part of the process. All the way from the front desk knowledgeable personnel to my transport angel Mike who handled me more gently and with more care and knowledge than any other person that I've yet to meet. Mike is aware of the need for steadying hands and supporting arms to the patient both pre and post surgery. I've experienced 3 types of accommodations:a single bedroom suite, a suite with an additional queen size bed in the living room and finally, a 2 bedroom suite. All were roomy and had a great view of the lovely waterfront and the wonderful sunsets. Transportation to the recommended restaurants was an unexpected luxury. The ability of the hospital to use a phone-in service to a nearby pharmacy for prescription of my needed medication delivery to your hotel was an unexpected luxury and allowed my caregiver an uninterrupted stay with me. Finding a get well card from the hotel along with ice cream bars when returning to the hotel following surgery gave me a feeling that the hotel really does care about their residents. When Harry from the hotel provided wheelchair service directly from their limousine to my room, I knew that this hotel far surpassed any service I'd ever experienced in my recent travels. I will enjoy returning to this hotel in the future for a purely vacation experience and this time I will be able to walk joyfully to the free cappuccino in the mornings. Sailport Waterfront Suites is the BEST!!!

Room Tip: Although the hotel does not offer a restaurant inhouse, the full cooking facilities more than make up for this feature. The front desk can suggest a good variety of restaurants with knowledge of the general cost features and suggested dress code. Transportation to a goodly number of restaurants is a big plus for those unfamiliar with the area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sherry H
Charlie W, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

WOW…thank you very much!!! We love our LSI guests and obviously it shows! We provide our LSI guests with the preferential treatment they deserve and it is great to hear how appreciative you are for what we do for you. We wish you the best in your recovery and look forward to having you back for a true vacation.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had 2 rooms with spectacular views over the ocean, where you sometimes can see dolphins playing. However, the beds are very small. Even though we are not very tall we found the beds both too narrow and too short.

I think the rooms are quite different from each other so you might be more Lucky. The rest of the hotel is fine and there are good dining opportunities nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Sailport. I apologize that the beds did not meet your satisfaction. We are in the process of replacing some mattresses to help alleviate that issue. We hope that you will back to experience the new changes we have in coming up in 2014.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Sailport is very accomodating. It is almost like you can borrow coffee from a neighbor. One person went above and beyond the call of duty. The person in mentioning is Arlene. She was so sweet and just like a family member. My husband and I visited the Whiskey Joe's restaurant which we met up with Arlene there unexpectedly. She invited us to sit by the fire pit right along the beach side and we really had a great time together she bought us a drink she told us that whenever we come back to the area to please look her up and she would be sure to take good care of us I thought that was so sweet. Also, the free cappuccino in the mornings is a great perk. We are staying are staying with them again now to go to for another surgery at LSI and are very excited. There are a lot of changes and renovations in the furniture and even an outdoor gym now!!! We love Sailport

• Stayed: January 2014

Another awesome review from another LSI guest…much appreciated!! Arlene is a true asset to our company and I will make sure she is recognized for her efforts. She is the leader of our front office and it is great to hear that she practices what she preaches. Customer service is our top priority at Sailport and this is revealed through her efforts. Thank you for taking the time to show your appreciation.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Traveling for work and I wanted a clear view of the sunset since I was traveling in winter from Chicago! Sailport's views are clear and beautiful! Decent pool, great beach fire pit and fishing pier. Brittany and front desk staff were extremely helpful with suggestions for dinning options. Nice 1 bedroom condo that was clean and comfortable. Would stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Your review is greatly appreciated. We offer all of our guests the best view Tampa Bay has to offer along with the best possible service. Make sure to come back and see us to get away from that cold Chicago weather!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is an older hotel that has made a great effort to update the suites. We checked in the day before surgery and were given a gift bag with snacks. Our one bedroom suite was perfectly adequate for our needs and featured a lovely view of the bay, especially from the balcony. The hotel offers the ideal location, close to the airport if needed and, for our purpose, only a 5 minute drive to the Surgery Clinic. They even offer limousine service if needed for surgical guests. Also, there is an excellent restaurant within walking distance, pre-surgery, of course. I would definitely recommend Sailport Waterfront Suites to anyone but especially if you are having surgery at the Laser Spine Clinic.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side offer the best water view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We love our LSI guests and they love us. This is seen through the many positive reviews such as this one that we receive on a weekly basis. Thank you for such great feedback and make sure to keep spreading the good word about your experience at Sailport Waterfront Suites.