“Tonia S.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pomona Park, Florida
“Tonia S.”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Went there for my surgery at Laser Spine Institute. They gave us a great price. The room was nice,like a small apartment. Everyone was friendly and very helpful.
The sunset views are beautiful. Only bad thing is the one elevator is very slow.
But I would stay again. All most forgot. Don't order from the menus they through under the door. They take to long and the foods nasty.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Charlie W, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that your stay was a positive one. I apologize about the issues with the company who put the menu under your door. We do not approve of them doing this and have been trying to get them to stop for ages now, but the they simply do not listen or adhere to our policy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2014

From the very beginning when I made the reservations, the lady on the telephone was most helpful. We were making the trip for my husband's surgery at the Laser Spine Institute. When we landed at the airport I was to call their number to get a shuttle. The shuttle driver was there in about 15 minutes. Anytime we needed to get to the Institute the driver was usually there 10-15 minutes early. Everyone was so nice and helpful, especially Harry! He was the bright spot of my morning, always a smile on his face. We had to spend most of our time right around the motel, but the view was so beautiful from our deck we didn't mind. My only complaint was the cab that took us back to the airport early Saturday morning. He was about 20 minutes late and I was so worried that we wouldn't get through the airport security in time to catch our 7:50 a.m. plane, but that was not anything to do with your establishment. They were boarding our plane just as we walked up, so all was well. Thank you for the great stay during my husband's surgery and recovery period. Kathy and Ric Meyers

Room Tip: I only saw the inside of two rooms. Our friends room was on the northwest corner of the 3rd floor a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Your wonderful feedback is very much appreciated! We put forth a great deal of effort to please our guests and it sounds like we did our job. We hope that you continue to spread the good word about Sailport and come back to see us again soon!
Bass River, ma
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had 2 nights to kill before our flight and I had found Sailport online and it seemed to fit the bill. The suite was fine - my mom took the bedroom, our daughter had a bunk in the hall and we had the really tough sleep sofa. We had eaten before we arrived so we had a light snack of cheese, crackers and wine down at the fire pit. There were plenty of adirondack chairs for all and we met quite a few nice people throughout the night. My only issue, and I do realize that this is standard in FL, is that when the kids and I went upstairs to get the cheese & crackers there was a HUGE (and I do mean HUGE) palmetto bug snuggled up in the silverware. My husband called the front desk and someone whisked away all the silverware and sprayed. yay! The pool was great, very relaxing right by the water. Aside from the lumpy sleep sofa my only other issue was how far away food selections were. My mom didn't want to go to the Rusty Pelican so we tried to find a grocery store~that was a bit difficult. Otherwise, it was a great price, good proximity to the airport...well worth the stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for such a positive review. I do apologize about the issue with the palmetto bug. We have already addressed this issue by having the pest control company come out and treat the room. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.
Swarthmore
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Sailport Inn many times and plan on returning. we have also recommended it to others who have also enjoyed their stay. We love how close it is to the airport and Bright HouseField.
The Rusty Pelican down the street is a great place to dine. The atmosphere is great and love the rustic look. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
Charlie W, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for such a positive review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as well as the other readers. Please keep spreading the good word and come back and see again real soon!
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were on 4th floor (#446) ; the WIFI there was barely usable. We found parking to be very good, the small sand area (pseudo beach) was excellent. The firepit, comfy chairs and beach volleyball were truly excellent! We stayed 3 nites and never had a maid service. This is unusual. From the parking lot, its 6 minutes to airport. Next door (you have to drive) is Whiskey Joes restaurant. We love the gumbo there! This hotel is clearly either a conversion from condo or perhaps some are still condo's. The bedroom was just big enough to contain the queen bed, the dresser is in closet; the bed takes up all the rooms floor space. There is ZERO storage in kitchen area. Balcony was real nice with westerly view over Tampa Bay. You look towards Clearwater or St. Petersburg. Furniture in room seemed on par with todays hotels, TV was flat and had plenty of decent channels (they don't block FOX like so many hotels do). The WIFI was a big disappointment. One day it rained and every guest must have been streaming netflix as the performance was slower than dialup. Big letdown! They tell you the WIFI password but when you open device, you see 4 different "Sailport" antennas yet only 1 asks for password and its the slowest.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent review. I apologize about the issue you experienced with the Internet service. Just so you are aware, we are in the process of upgrading our entire hotel to provide more connectivity and bandwidth throughout. This process will be complete by the end of April so I hope you decide to come back and see us and not have to worry about that issue again.
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This was our second trip to the Tampa location. The facility & staff there were wonderful both visits. Kayte, Arlene, Brittany, Evie & Jerry went out of their way to make sure we had everything we could want or need. The transportation service / personnel were great too. Harry & Mike were always there to make sure we got where we needed to be on time & safely. They all treated us like family and made us feel almost as comfortable as being at home. I would highly recommend that anyone visiting stay at the Sailport...I know it would be my first choice! :-)

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Becky D
Based on your review, it sounds like everyone on the Sailport Team made your stay that much more enjoyable. We take customer service very seriously and we are happy to hear that you were completely satisfied. Thank you for your review.