The location was great, twenty minutes to the beach, twenty minutes to Busch Gardens, conveniences close by. The staff was nice. The room has a full kitchen and everything worked. The room looked clean. The view is beautiful, looking out over the bay. The pool was heated. They have covered parking. They have nice laundry facilities and the machines worked well. It was a quiet area, away from traffic.
Cons: You can hear Every noise through the walls and ceiling. I was woken in the middle of the night a couple times by 'neighbors'. Since smoking is allowed on the balconies you can still have smoking in your non smoking room. We couldn't open our balcony door the first two days because every time we did, smoke from the neighbor came in the room. They should maybe consider putting smokers on one part of the hotel, and non-smokers on the other.
I had read in other reviews that people stayed there 'longer term' using the suites as temporary housing. I would agree that people are living there and this leads to a big 'con'. This definitely detracts from the home AWAY from home feel and lends itself more to the transient feel. For example I requested a blanket and had to actually sign a form saying I would return it or be charged $20.00. ... And there are definitely roaches. I got up at 6 am, turned on the bathroom light and a roach ran across the floor, and under our small bathroom suitcase. This led to me rousing my two teenagers with shrieking and us chasing a cockroach around the bathroom into the hallway where he escaped under the door where the ductwork was. My three calls to the '24 hour' front desk finally got someone who said they would send up maintenance to look at it at 9 am (who never showed; we waited until 10 am), and asking us if we had food out. Note that there is a full kitchen, so food in the room would be normal, and our food was closed up, put away, and definitely Not in the bathroom. Needless to say, we slept with all the lights on the rest of our stay. I suppose this is just the nature of the beast, and some would say FL in general, but in all the places we have stayed on numerous trips, we have Never seen a cockroach before. We did only see the one in the room, and my daughter saw one in the pool bathroom as well, and one was floating in the pool.
In conclusion, this place could be perfect. They have so much to offer, so many positives, ... but the negatives are hard to get over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on beautiful Rocky Point Island, overlooking the sparkling waters of Tampa Bay, Sailport Waterfront Suites is ideally situated within minutes of Tampa International Airport, with easy access to downtown Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. Our location is convenient to all area attractions and points of interest, including Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Tampa's bayfront beach, the Port of Tampa, Olde Hyde Park Village and Historic Ybor City. The Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Tropicana Field, St. Pete. Times Forum (home of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Stanley Cup Champions!) And Raymond James Stadium (home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, World Champions!) Are all nearby. Corporate, Military and Government guests will find themselves with an easy commute to the Westshore Business District, Tampa Convention Center, MacDill Air Force Base, CAE and Laser Spine Institute (LSI). At Sailport, our island atmosphere is suitable for business travel as well as family getaways. Corporate visitors enjoy the perfect Meeting Retreat, Corporate Housing or Extended Stay venue. For family getaways, we offer spacious Two-Bedroom/Two Bath Suites. Attraction packages are available for Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and more! All suites feature full kitchens, private balconies with water views along with free high speed wireless internet access. Enjoy waterfront relaxation in the heart of Tampa Bay and Rocky Point Island. Guests love our breezy ambiance and the spectacular gulf coast sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sailport Waterfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sailport Waterfront Hotel Tampa
- Sailport Resort Tampa
- Sailport Hotel Tampa
- Sailport Waterfront Suites Tampa, Florida