“Beautiful location, great attitude, great service, great place”

Sailport Waterfront Suites
Ranked #16 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 July 2014

beautiful place, have stayed there years ago on business and we had three rooms this time and all 2 bedrooms,. everyone enjoyed stay and would go back in a heart beat and stay longer next time. well worth it. spacious and clean.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to have great views but ask for bay view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review and welcome back! We appreciate our guests feed back and we very much so, appreciate your repeat business. We do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back again!

There are newer reviews for Sailport Waterfront Suites

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

First of all the pool is very small and there's not enough chairs. Room service was never in my room. Very loud people in hallways late at 1AM and you could barely sleep. Feel bad for wasting $600 for 3 nights to stay in this low place with my family. Won't be coming back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nick00007

We are so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We apologize for the issues that you encountered. I will speak to our security team to address the noise complaints that you spoke of and make sure that we are doing everything we can when these situations arise.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The location can't be beat - water views everywhere, easy to get to other parts of town, lots of restaurants close by. The security guards and desk clerk were very helpful and the grounds were really nice. I loved the sunset patio and the little beach. The reason I say it's so close to being something really special is the room itself. It was a juxtaposition of finishes - granite countertops but 80's venetian blinds on the windows, nice cabinetry but rusting bathroom lights, crown moulding throughout but only one piece of artwork in the entire 2-bedroom suite, everything so clean except the windows (with sad curtains), which were smudged so much you couldn't really look through them. The furniture needs updating too but the beds were comfortable. The door on the trash room could use a spring closure - maintenance kept slamming the door, which makes it hard to sleep in. I gave up by 8:30 am. I understand each room is individually owned so I might stay here again but try a different room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Juliet Y
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the door. I will discuss this with our maintenance team to try to remedy that issue. We have also updated 95% of our rooms and are working on the remaining few. We would love to have you back as a return guest. Call the hotel directly and we can make sure to get you into one of our renovated suites!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Waking up to that great bay view every morning was amazing. The location is optimal. Close to downtown, Clearwater, and St. Pete beach. Extremely friendly staff! Overall great place to stay! Sailport is now our go to place to stay when we visit the Tampa Bay area.

• Stayed: June 2014
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thanks for the great review. We are so glad that you have chosen Sailport as your new home away from home! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for a week in June!! All the outside amenities was nice, the beach was cute but you can't swim there. The pool was nice my kids enjoyed it!! The elevator is so slow so we had to carry all our luggage and groceries up the stairs!! Inside the bedroom TV never worked even after maintenance came. I do housekeeping and the cleanliness left a lot to be desired! There is a bar in the kitchen with no stools only a small hotel table with 2 chairs was hard for 4 people to try and eat!! I also have an issue with staff looking in the windows at me when in my room!! Room was very noisy and it was hard to sleep especially since my tv didn't work to drown out the noise!! The patio is nice to sit out on at night with a nice view of the water. Sailport is close to everything so that was a plus!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am sorry for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I will definitely get with my maintenance team to find address these issues along with our housekeeping department. We are glad to hear that you did enjoy the amenities that Sailport has to offer and we do hope that you will give us another try in the future and allow us the opportunity to show you how wonderful Sailport is!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I don't understand any of the negative reviews, especially about mildew smells! There were NONE! And I am HIGHLY allergic! I had a one bedroom condo and my friends had a 2 bedroom and NEITHER of them smelled. I love the fact that every room has a view....so beautiful! I liked the fact that they had an attendant for anyone who came on the property...very nice man.
The pool was nice...the beach area was even better with the evening breeze....
My only complaint was the slow elevator. But overall, GREAT STAY and I will be back.

Also, very nice location....easy trip to the beach as the causeway is right there at the red light.

But overall, GREAT STAY and I will be back.

Room Tip: Level 3 was where we stayed. It was quiet and just so nice! LOVED IT!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank anony6116

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that Sailport has to offer! We appreciate your business and we hope to be able to welcome you back as a repeat guests in the future!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

It is my sincere pleasure to provide this review for my first stay so far at Sailport Resort. I accompanied a delegation of 18 military officers for a very important bi-lateral conference at USCENTCOM. The dates of our stay was 11-17 May during a time when every other hotel in Tampa was sold out due to other conventions in town. The only place that could accommodate all of us in one location was the Sailport Resort. This foreign delegation is used to staying at 5-star hotels that spare no expense. At first, the delegation was going to cancel the visit because all the 5-star hotels were all sold out. However, I convinced them to give it a try. Frankly, nothing can beat the sheer beauty of the location with water on most sides of the resort. You did not have anything to do with that. However, the staff was absolutely astounding in every regard. One employee went out of his way to set up a dinner event hosted by the foreign delegation. He worked diligently to ensure this event was a resounding success. His tenacity was incredible. Further, the professional and courteous behavior of the entire staff directly impacted the overall success of the conference. Without a doubt, the Sailport impressed me! I will stay here the next time I visit Tampa!

Room Tip: Request a beach view room on the third or fourth floor. Beauty at its best!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim W
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

What an amazing review, thank you so much. It was such a pleasure having the opportunity to host your group. We are glad to heat that everyone enjoyed their stay. I will be sure to pass this on to our entire team and we hope if the opportunity arises, that we will be to host this group again!