“good stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sunrise, Florida, United States
“good stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was a very nice place for the money It could use some more skittles Was A very nice view of the bay I will stay here on my next trip to Tampa It is very good bang for your buck Was close to the attractions and the downtown area and the baseball and football stadiums are close by

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Mike D
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your review. With our central location, it is just a short drive to any of those locations. we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our location. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The staff was very helpful and courteous. The view from the rooms is awesome no matter which part of the bay you are looking at. The grounds are well maintained and the setting is peaceful and tranquil. It has a non-swimmable beach but great for sunbathing. The pool is well maintained, a nice size and towels are provided in the pool house. My only complaint is that the pool closed too early (10pm). It would be great if at least on Friday & Sat the pool would stay open til midnight.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool tend to be a little louder, but have an awesome view of the Sunset.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review. Great pictures as well! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your kind words and suggestion on to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future!
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2014

From the moment I arrived I felt as if I were at home away from home. There was no long check in process. The room was immaculate and cool. I was in a one bedroom on the second floor and if I had my choice I would have never left. It was cozy and quiet. The one bedroom was perfect for me and my guest. A short walk to the water where I could put my feet in the sand. There was a deck for watching the sunset every night. It was romantic and fun. The furniture was functional and modern. The kitchen was for me a perfect layout. I would definitely return and even consider purchasing one of these units.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor near the lobby and it was quiet. Although we could not see the suns...
1 Thank Melissa M
Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our accommodations and amenities and that you have chosen the Sailport as your home away from home! We would love to welcome you back as a repeat guest soon.
Hahira, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

From the time we arrived at Sailport Waterfront Suites, until the time we left, it was awesome. The view was nice, the suites were gorgeous. We had a one-bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The price was very good. My husband and I never left the suite. We fished right off the pier and caught trout. The beach was beautiful. We will stay here every time we visit Tampa!!

Room Tip: This hotel is directly on the water about 5 minutes from the hotel. We had an awesome view of the wa...

1 Thank Wanda R
Congratulations! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad that we were able to make your trip for your special occasion one to remember. We can't wait to welcome you back to Sailport!
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Lovely space.We only booked for 1 night as passing through wished we could have stayed a couple of nights.would recommend thoroughly. Staff at the desk were pleasant and helpful.The kitchen was clean and fully functional

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank dawnusd
We would love to be able to welcome you back in the future should your travels bring you back to the Tampa area. We appreciate your review and rating. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again!
Cedar Key, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great airport stop, will visit here again. Great service and on time pick -up for our situation. Rooms were great. We didn't have any hand soap or shampoo in the room but we
were gone when they were supposed to deliver it. They knocked on our door and since we were gone they never delivered it. Our balcony looked over the water and our parking was safe and secure for 5 days.

1 Thank everymilesamemory
Mandy L, Manager at Sailport Waterfront Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for the great review and rating. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Sailport fit your needs for your stay. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I reserved for 4 nights by phone with the debit card, got charged one night ahead of time 2 days before arriving to the hotel then when I got to the hotel she asked me for the card for "incidentals" wich I understand. I checked in the room and everything was nice, beautiful views etc. later that afternoon I decided to go to the supermarket to buy some food to take back to the hotel and when I go to pay the cashier he tells me my card was decline, I said that was impossible that I had money in that account, so I left without food and broke so when I got back to the hotel and went to the front desk to find out what happened they told me they charge the full reservation (in my case 4 days) and 30 dollars a day extra for incidentals, mind u that they charged one night already ahead of time before arrival, so to make the story short I had a hold in my card for almost 600 dollars, so at the end I enjoyed the room and the view but I couldn't even go out to have fun :-(

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Suntraveling
Thank you for your review. I apologize that there was a misunderstanding with our guarantee and authorization policies that the hotel has. All policies should have been reviewed with you at time of making the reservation and at check in. I will address your concerns with the staff. We are however, glad to hear that you did enjoy your stay. We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Sailport in the future!