“Very pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Augustine, Florida
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed two nights and I was extremely pleased with the hotel. This was the second time I stayed at this Hilton and my third visit to it, having attended a conference here, as well. It was very quiet, clean, and as friendly as a hotel can be. The heated outdoor pool was a big surprise and welcome, considering that I was there in January, which can be a little chilly. The Jacuzzi was broken, which was disappointing, but the heated pool made up for it, somewhat. I do agree that a continental breakfast would go a long way toward making it a better value. The only "free" food I found were apples in the fitness center (I'm not counting jelly beans at the front desk as food). I got a fairly good rate from Expedia. Even so, it would have been too expensive for me if I had not been on business. But it's a Hilton, not a cheap brand.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel for the 2013 Outback Bowl. The hotel was nice and the staff friendly. My only problem was that I had requested all feathers and down be removed from my room prior to arrival. I have severe allergies and this is important. I even called down prior to leaving to remind them. When we arrived I asked again and they said there was nothing in my file about that and that they would remove everything immediately. When I arrived in my room they had removed the pillows but after waking with a severe headache, I found the comforter, which was encased in sheets was a down comforter. Otherwise, the hotel was fine.

Their lounge was great. Renee was so friendly and made everyone feel welcomed.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MaggieSullivan
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear Ms. Sullivan:

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us for the Outback Bowl. Thank you for your gracious comoments regarding are staff and Renae. I have shared your comments with them and they are pleased that they were able to make you feel welcomed. We also appreciate your feedback on how we mishandled your request for no feather products in your guestroom. We have reviewed this with both our Housekeeping and Front Desk team as this is a very important health request that shouldn't have been missed. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this oversight on our part.

We hope that when your travels bring you to Tampa again, that we will have the pleasure of you staying with us. If I can assist you with your reservation needs, please don't hesitate to let me know.

the Carolinas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed here on night for our flight at TPA the next morning. True it's clean, but "tired" is the best description for this hotel. The building is old and musty. Its clear the rooms themselves have been renovated probably in the last few years but everything else, halls, elevators, lobby are old and musty. Go to a new doubletree or something

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ACarolinaGirl26
Dear ACarolinaGirl26:

Thank you for staying at our hotel while you were in Tampa. I am truly sorry that we didn't meet your expectations in the quality of our physical hotel. We do appreciate your feedback as reviews provide insight and and assist us as we are constantly evaluating how we can improve the hotel experience for our guests.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

A hotel charging these prices that doesn't offer a breakfast or a continental breakfast strikes me as completely out of touch and not inclined to compete. I walked a good distance from the hotel and could find only one restaurant (not one that interested me) so you are pretty much limited to the hotel restaurant. The food was decent but no bargain. I felt sorry for the waiter since I was the only customer the entire time I sat there. I doubt that I would stay there again.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Dear Jim S.,

Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with us. We are constantly re-evaluating what we offer to our guests and our pricing, so your sugggestion is welcome. For guests who are interested in having breakfast included in their rate, we do offer Bed and Beakfast packages as well as breakfast when residing on our Executive Floors. Although we have many restaurants in the immediate area of the hotel, there are only a couple that are open for breakfast.

If traveling to the Tampa area again, we would greatly appreciate a future opportunity to demonstrate a level of performance more reflective of the Hilton name.

Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

We were located roughly half way between my two daughters, so that worked out well. The room was extremely comfortable, and well appointed. Staff were very friendly, we used the shuttle to go to and from The Cigar City Brewery, recommended if you plan on doing any serious drinking. Rich the driver was great.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Stewart W:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team was thrilled when they read it, especially Rich. Feedback from our guests is a very important part of our on-going training and gives us a "reading" of our efforts to provide excellent customer service.

We look forward to having you return for another stay with us and a visit to the Cigar City Brewery.

SIncerely,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I really enjoy staying here. The hotel is very close to the airport, yet it doe not feel like an "airport hotel".

The hotel rooms are very nice and the staff is always friendly. The hotel is walking distance to some really good restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Dear DannyRR:

Thank you for your continued loyalty and patronage! We truly value your comments and have shared them with our team. If I can assist you with any future reservations here in Tampa, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

I stayed at the Hilton because of the amenities relative to the value, including shuttle service and the location. I did have a rental car but had planned on using the shuttle service to get to Raymond James stadium and the airport. I ended up walking to the stadium and driving the car to the airport. These were choices I made realizing that the shuttle service was time and occupant dependant. It is a free service and can be a little more inconvenient than a taxi. My recommendation for shuttle usage would be to plan your time accordingly.

The staff was great, from the bellmen to the front desk to the bar and executive lounge attendants. My only gripe was that we were on the second floor and the room "acquired" a smoke odor from the first floor. When you have asthma and requested a non-smoking room, this is a big concern. We were promptly relocated and informed that sometime next year that will no longer be an issue because of some policy changes.

The location was very good unless you wanted to go to the beach (40 min). If you have a car, its a quick run to downtown, Ybor city, the malls, etc, or a longer run to St Pete beach via I275/I4.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ATrainRider
Dear ATrainRider:

Thank you for your gracious review! Our team was thrilled with your appreciation of their efforts to provide you with an enjoyable stay. We share these reviews with all of our staff as we use them for additional training as well as to celebrate the successes.

We truly regret that your room absorbed some smoke from the room below. To alleviate this situation for you and others, the hotel will be completely non-smoking in January 2013. That is the policy change that we referred to during your visit.

We look forward to having you stay with us should you return to Tampa. If I can assist you with your reservation needs, please don't hesitate to contact me.

SIncerely,