Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$308
Sailport Waterfront Suites(Tampa)
US$185
US$168
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe executive loungetampa airportinternational mallfront desk staffraymond james stadiumbusiness tripshuttle servicenice propertyan upgradefitness centerrental carking bedconvenient locationstayed one nightfree shuttlecoffee makerbucs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2014

It's marketed as an airport hotel so you know what to expect. Rooms are comfortable, beds are v good. Needs to improve on some basics - room not being serviced is just plain sloppy. Needs a makeover and some updating.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GeneralMgr10, Front Office Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Phil B.,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the need for an update and your room not being serviced. I sincerely apologize for your not receiving housekeeping service, and I assure you I will review your comments with our Housekeeping team. I do hope that we are allowed another chance to have you as our guest in the future and to show you a great stay!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The staff here are friendly and helpful, but the hotel needs a make-over. The rooms are tired looking, some of the carpets stained and it generally has a slightly worn feel. I stay here for business as it is convenient to where I need to work - and it's perfectly adequate, just a bit under-whelming. The beds are comfortable but there are numerous minor irritations - the free wifi cuts in and out requiring a re-sign-in, the room was serviced late on one day, and incompletely on the next (free coffee is great but it's annoying having to stir your coffee with a pen!) - the air conditioning struggled to get the room below 74 degrees...

However - the location is good - plenty of restaurants in the area, and the hotel itself is perfectly comfortable, with friendly pleasant staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Groan,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review regarding your recent experience at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to inform you that an update to our property is in the works! We were glad to see that you enjoyed our convenient location and our friendly staff. We look forward to having another chance to host you in the future. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I decided to stay here for a few nights as it was not far from the airport and shopping malls in Tampa before moving on to St Petersburg.
The airport shuttle was very efficient and arrived well within the 15 minute time frame quoted.
The hotel itself was nice enough and there are plenty of restaurants nearby ( the shuttle van will also take you to the nearby shopping malls)
The pool area was pleasant but, boy, was the pool itself cool . I come from a country where the water can be cold but this put even me off !
On our arrival there was a note in our room advising that the water would be off overnight due to a problem and that plenty of bottled water would be available .
The next morning it all appeared normal, however by early evening we had no hot water and it couldnt be fixed .
This led to us being moved room which on a 3 night stay is an inconvenience we could have done without . In saying that, the staff were excellent over it and offered to help move our stuff.
Everything was clean and comfortable during our stay other than ALL the snack items (which were for sale) in both the rooms we occupied were well past their sell by dates. Not a problem for us as we wouldnt have used them .
The staff were all very friendly and helpful .
I would stay again if passing through Tampa Airport

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear LinlithgowTravelscot,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. On behalf of our entire team, I apologize for the issues that you experienced involving the water. We have since replaced the heat pump for the pool and been able to complete the maintenance work that required the water to be shut off. Based on your feedback and that of others, we have also removed the snacks from our Executive Level rooms in favor of offerring 24-hour Executive Lounge access for any snacks that you may wish to enjoy. We were glad to see that overall, you enjoyed your visit with us at the Hilton and we look forward to seeing you again the next time that you pass through Tampa.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here one night for business. The common areas of the hotel were fine, but my room had some issues. There were three wet spots on my carpet, each with about the diameter of a basketball. One of them had a discolored stain to it-- the others were not visible. I don't know if it was something that had been washed (but not dried).... or if it was something else.

There was no hot water in the shower. I called downstairs and they told me to try running the bathroom faucet and the shower at the same time for 5 minutes, and that should do the trick. 20 minutes later, still no hot water. After 30 minutes I jumped for joy when I sampled the water and it appeared somewhat hot. I jumped in, but alas.... the hot-ish water only lasted for 2 precious minutes.

On the bright side, the staff couldn't have been nicer. A+ to them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear go12345,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I was sorry to see that you experienced some issues with the hot water in your room and for the stains on the carpet that it seems we had attempted to clean prior to your arrival. I realize how offputting both of these things must have been for you, and greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the matters. I was so glad to see that you did enjoy the friendly service offered to you by our staff and I hope that this is enough to entice you to come back so that we can show you a great experience the next time you are in Tampa. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Could have been worse but this Hilton was not as good as most others around the country. I've come to expect better from this fine name. Breakfast and the dinner time snack were decent, staff was cordial and helpfull, pool and hot tub were OK but hotel and rooms starting to age, room cleaned very late, no soap, tissues or towels left properly. Management did not post my HH points when asked. Not the worst stay but would not highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GeneralMgr10, Front Office Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear 777Steve777,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I was sorry to see that you were not fully satisfied with your room and the housekeeping service provided. I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of our team to ensure that your concerns are addressed. I hope that we get another chance to have you as our guest in the future, and that you had a safe trip home upon your departure from Tampa.