“Staff made the difference”

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #63 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Hotel was about what I expected, and the rate was very good. I was not there very much, but the one thing that impressed me was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Especially the Executive Club help.

Room Tip: I stayed in Executive Club level. Was nice to have breakfast and dessert in a "club" on sa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our Executive Lounge. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our Front Desk team. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here 3 nights for a convention. Can't rate it above a 3 star. I'll start with the cons: Rooms seemed tired. Light above vanity flickered (needed a new ballast). Toilet ran constantly. The towel shelf next to the tub/shower was placed such that when you bent over to turn on the water, you would stand up right into the shelf. Ouch... Lastly being on the second floor of a 14 floor building, I wish the stairs were more accessible. They led only to the outside of the building without easy access back inside.

Pros: Breakfast buffet was above average. The staff was friendly and worked to be accommodating. There were several very good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I am very sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay and the inconveniences you experienced. I will address each of your comments with our management team and Chief Engineer. I hope that you had a safe trip upon your departure from Tampa and we look forward to the possibility of seeing you again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The staff at this hotel was extremely friendly and very helpful. The lady that works at the bar was amazing!! Everyone went out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable. Would definately recommend this hotel to others!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were thrilled to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed our last night in FL at this hotel by the airport. I thought we had great accommodations for the week until I arrived at the Hilton. Just walking into the room, I realized I could have been extremely happy with all the spacious quarters. Just climbing into the fluffy bedcovers and the comfortable mattress, I knew I was going to sleep well and I didn't even miss the little cottage on the beach. Staying at the Hilton was a great ending to our vaca!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for taking to time to review your stay with the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were so happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us, and found our accommodations and guest rooms to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Tampa Bay area.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Convenient to the Tampa airport with excellent service. The hotel was quiet, had free parking (what a novelty!), and the buffet breakfast was high quality. Omelets were also available upon request. Staff had great suggestions for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GeneralMgr10, General Manager at Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. We were thrilled to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit, our staff and our property amenities and location. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Another large company that takes in the revenue and doesnt care.
Overworks their staff and probably underpays them.
All front desk staff unhappy.. Female attendant was arguing with male manager( leonel?) which made my wife uncomfortable.
Rooms was clean and bed was uncomfortable. Had smoky musty smell to room.
Ordered room service.. Took 55 minutes on a wednesday night to receive order for two. I cancelled it as it arrived and sent it back.
I paid for wifi.. But doesnt work well.
At night this place turns into a prostitute alley.
We just stayed in our room.
We checked out early. We went to the hilton downtown. Much much better.
They should hire new employees or pay their current more.
Apparently with the room rates they can afford to, just would rather bank the $$.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank sharpshooter430

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay, and for any discomfort you endured. I will be sure to address each of your concerns with our management team. I do apologize that we did not provide you with the top notch level of service that our guests should expect at a Hilton property. I would like to further discuss your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. If you would allow me to make this right, please email me your contact information or reach me by telephone at (813) 874-5000.
Aj.Jabbour@hilton.com

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Shuttle service was very inconsistent. There appears to be a communication problem between the front desk and drivers. Pickup timely at the airport or drop-off points is questionable. Be prepared to call yourself more than once to follow-up on your pickup.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I am very sorry for any inconvenience you may have endured during your stay. We do run the shuttle service on the hour and half hour. Sometimes due to the many different schedules of our guests, we may be delayed in maintaining this accuracy. I will be sure to share your comments with our management, front desk and shuttle driver teams so that the concerns you mentioned may be addressed. I hope that you had a safe trip upon your departure from Tampa and we look forward to the possibility of seeing you again in the future.