“Most Accomodating”

Tampa Airport Marriott
Ranked #10 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was on a business trip and my schedule was changed unexpectedly. I called the front desk and a young lady named Yanushka went out of her way to help me. She was polite and professional and most importantly...she got my reservation changed without any problems.

The service and convenience in the hotel are exceptional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I've stayed here a number of times and I think all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you for going out of your way to share your recent experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. It is great to hear that your time with us was made special by Yanushka. She is one of our newest hosts with just over one year of service but has shown the ability to make a difference. We look forward to your return trip to Tampa.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here one night before flying out the next morning; can't beat the location for ease of getting checked in the next day! They were super nice to our little girl; very playful and welcoming to her. No problems getting a crib up to the room right away for her nap, and they had a great Cuban restaurant with a killer tomato soup and mini grilled brie sandwich. Their hummus was also a hit, and their crab cakes would be more aptly named crab mountains. It was huge, and pretty much all crab. The rooms were very nicely appointed with good toiletries and nice and clean. There was excellent prompt service when we called for extra towels (thanks Edith). Beds feel great, furniture both comfortable and nice in appearance. Good linens and pillows (we are pillow snobs in my family).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

We appreciate your recent review regarding your stay with us at the Tampa Airport Marriott. Your post has been shared with the kitchen staff you are delighted to hear that you enjoyed their offerings. The Tomato soup is one of my personal favorites as well. We aim to please all our guests especially the little ones that come with their parents. Traveling with children can be challenging at times but our hosts, such as Miss Edith go out of their way to take care of all your needs. We look forward to your return trip to Tampa.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was my first time staying at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We found the overall experience wonderful but I have to make special mention of Reiko, our server in your restaurant. She was extremely professional, friendly and efficient. She was so outstanding that I felt I had to take the time to let you know this, even though I have never commented on tripadvisor before. It's such a pleasure to see people who truly enjoy their job and perform it in such an admirable way.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

On behalf of the entire staff at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such kind words regarding your stay with us. All the hosts here truly do enjoy their jobs and Reiko certainly is a special one. Reiko has been with the Marriott family for over 38 years and still comes to work each day with the spirit to serve. We look forward to your return and hope to have the opportunity to host you soon again.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We always stay at this hotel before flying out on an early flight - the bellman loads up our luggage and takes us directly to our airport luggage check-in. You can NOT beat that convenience!! The consierge club has a great selection of delicious food, and chocolate chip cookies that make my mouth water. The staff is always a delight. The beds are so comfortable, and the rooms are very clean and well appointed.

Room Tip: All rooms we've been in are very quiet, we like to face the airport to see all the activity.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kgillorrn

Our goal at the Tampa Airport Marriott is to ensure all our guest leave satisfied. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us from your many stays. Our bellstaff have a unique ability to make a flight departure such a breeze which makes it a great perk to stay at our hotel. From the concierge lounge attendants to the kitchen staff we would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at the hotel because I was traveling and trying to finish an important project. I chose the Marriott because it was a large corporate hotel aimed towards business and I figured it would be the most convenient.

I called down at 12:06 am. I inquired about room service and they said it ended at 12:00 am and the guy had already left. It's hard to believe that an airport hotel where guests are coming and going at odd hours doesn't have 24 hour room service.

Incredibly disappointed, they didn't even mention it when I checked in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

On behalf of the hosts at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to apologize to you for your disappointment during your recent stay with us. We aim to ensure all our guess’ needs are met. While our room service offering does end at midnight due to typical business demands our lobby bar does offer a limited menu until 1:00AM. Your feedback will be shared with our team to ensure that they are always finding creative ways to offer options for our guest. We do hope that the remainder of your experience was a positive one and we are able to host you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I had a great short stay for an early flight the next morning, Tereza Peclinovska was so helpful and friendly with our check in and sent up cookies and milk for my daughter ! This hotel is so convenient for a long layover or even for a local to catch an early flight.

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott even if it was just a short stay. Tereza knows that it can be challenging traveling with small children and when possible likes to provide our youngest guest with delighters to make them feel special. We look forward to your next stay with your daughter traveling out of Tampa.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stay at this hotel every week of the year for business, and I have not had any complaints. It is clean, the staff is friendly, the room service is much improved, the fitness center is more than adequate for a hotel gym, and its in a convenient location for travel.

Room Tip: 6th Floor is the Concierge Floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words regarding your time spent at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We know the importance of maintaining a positive relationship with our guest that return to us on a weekly basis. The hosts at the Tampa Airport Marriott always look forward to your return.