“Great staff, comfy rooms, surprisingly quiet”

Tampa Airport Marriott
Ranked #10 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Our travels took us to Tampa for a cruise and we wanted a hotel close to the airport for the night before and after the cruise. You can't get much more convenient than having the hotel connected to the airport terminal.

For the first night I checked in with the Marriott iPhone app and, as advertised, the keys were waiting for us when we got to the desk. They handed us the keys and we went directly to the elevator. The room was clean, comfortable, and amazingly quiet for a place spitting distance from the runways. We had dinner at TGI Friday's in the airport (and they don't charge crazy airport prices) and breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The waitress, Reiko, was very friendly and also does double duty at the Starbucks in the hotel.

After the cruise we arrived at the Marriott at 8:30 am. While checkin is usually at 3:00 and Tereza was able to put us in a room. This room was larger than the first one and had a little more of a view of the airfield. Again, the room was quiet and comfortable.

Plusses: The staff, the shower head, and the comfy bed. Thanks to a holiday promotion, Internet access was free, albeit slow. There are several restaurants and shops in the airport. And you can literally roll out of bed, change your clothes, and be at TSA security in 10 minutes.

Minuses: If you plan on doing anything outside the airport during your stay (we didn't) you need to take a taxi or bus.

Should we find ourselves in Tampa again we'll definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

At the Tampa Airport Marriott our hosts find many ways to make your staff as memorable as possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at our hotel. The Marriott Mobile app is a unique new feature that makes traveling easier than ever before. We strongly feel that our strongest asset is and always will be our staff. Our host like Tereza and Reiko use their vast experience to amaze our guest. We are glad to hear that your experience not once but twice on your vacation with us was a positive one. We look forward to the next opportunity to host you soon again.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Your hotel is outstanding - we are very impressed with the service, from Solomon, when we dropped our car off, to Yaneth at the front desk.

Edith, from housekeeping, brought a small refrigerator to our room. She was prompt and very gracious!

We are very impressed

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

On behalf of the entire staff at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent review regarding your experience with us. The team takes great pride in working together to execute flawless stays for our guests. We hope our lasting impression will have you return to us very soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on November 1, 2013. I chose the hotel because I love Marriott's and because it was connected to the airport so I wouldn't be stressed when trying to get my flight. From the moment that I checked in, the stay was awesome. Everyone is very friendly and the hotel is beautiful. They even provide a microwave near the ice machine. What a great feature even though I didn't need to heat anything. In the morning, I decided to partake of their breakfast buffet and was greeted by Susan, the hostess. She was very very nice and is a real asset to the hotel. This is a truly amazing hotel with many places to sit and relax. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be sure to visit every time that I am in Tampa.

Room Tip: My room was very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review regarding your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. Our staff takes great pride in providing an experience just like you encountered. Throughout the hotel you will find many hosts looking for ways to add value to your stay. Susan is one of those whom with her friendliness makes sure all the guest dining with us feel welcomed as soon as they walk in the door. We look forward to your return so that we may host you once again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel is actually connected to the terminal so you really don't even leave the airport to get to the hotel lobby. If you are doing a short trip or a layover the. This hotel is perfect. Even with being so close to the runways there is no plane noise at all in the rooms. The beds are very comfortable, and there are plenty of places to eat in the airport itself. The hotel is actually very reasonably priced as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your insights regarding your stay with us at the Tampa Airport Marriott. Our location definitely is one of our strongest attributes for a traveler looking for the convenience of a short commute to and from the terminals. We are able to provide our guest with a quiet nights rest due to the triple pane windows in every room. We know that our comfortable beds, great restaurants and competitive prices will have you staying with us during your next trip to Tampa. We look forward to hosting you soon again.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I will be upfront: I very much dislike airport hotels. I like being in the middle of the city or an area where I can walk around and restaurants or local shops that I can explore. When I find myself in one it is usually out of necessity; Like many others, I either have an early flight or its for a work assignment nearby. My initial reaction has always been a deep sign then regret when I am booked at an airport hotel.

Not at this one.

Tampa Bay Airport Marriott is the best airport hotel I have ever been stayed in, and when I return to Tampa, I usually stay here simply because it such a great facility. I am eager to stay here! So surprising to me.

In a Nutshell:

The Easy Walk: It is so comforting ( and easy) to walk out of the plane and terminal, make a right and then find myself in front of the hotel entrance. It literally takes just a few minutes

The Friendliness of the Staff: Every time I stay, the staff has been professional but above all friendly and accommodating.

The Concierge Lounge: The staff is some of the nicest out of any lounge that I have met. One time, I checked in just as the place was closing but the front desk called them and told them to save food for me. When I arrived they did that and even had desert waiting for me also. Very friendly.

The Service: From the front desk to the valet and cleaning service (and of course my favorites the concierge lounge staff) the service is impressive and stands out in comparison to other places in Tampa.

Easy access to Downtown and Highways:
Within a few minutes I can get to the restaurants downtown or on the multiple entrances to the highways around the western part of Florida. The beach is only 30 mins away.

Room Tip: Ask the valet to park close to entrance if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FinnyGo

On behalf of the entire team at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for providing such a detailed and thoughtful review of your experience at our hotel. The hosts take great pride in providing outstanding service and it is kind words like yours that is their motivation. We certainly agree that our hotel is not a typical airport property and know that anyone that allows us the opportunity to be hosted will not be disappointed. We agree that we are the best and look forward to the next chance to prove it.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stay regularly in this hotel on all my business trips to Tampa. The hotel could not be more convenient, you are in your room in less than 10 minutes after getting off of your plane. Tereza at the front desk and all her colleagues are extremely pleasant and make your stay enjoyable. The swimming pool is relaxing, rooms are roomy and the bathroons after their recent update are really nice. All to be recommended, could not be more convenient! Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

The convenience of our location certainly makes the Tampa Airport Marriott a great choice when traveling in and out of Tampa but it’s our hosts like Tereza who help create amazing memories. Thank you for taking a moment to share your review regarding our hotel. We look forward to many more visits and will be prepared for your next one…

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed nov 12-13 2013. Room was great and it was so relaxing to be able to walk right out to the airport check in. We had a horrible exper earlier at doubletree (we had to walk right out it was so bad). We were so happy to find a last minute hotel that was so nice!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your review regarding your stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We are glad that we were able to provide you with a better alternative and know that based on your recent stay you have now found a new lodging choice while staying in Tampa. We look forward to your next trip so that we may host you once again.