I stayed at this hotel with my husband and my kids due to an early flight at 5:30 am Delta airline next day. I booked the hotel through orbitz.com. Orbit booking was either for two queen or one king bed. When I checked in, front desk told me there was no two queen beds available, and only king bed was available. I was fine with it since we checked in late. After that, I called to request a bell man to come help me with luggages at 3:30 am, andI also have asked for an extra blanket so one of my child can sleep on the floor. I forgot to ask for the name of the employee that I have talked to.
Anyway, about 15' later, there was housekeeping lady brought over the very worn out thin blanket to our room. The blanket is so worn and thin, it looks like a giant rag more than a blanket. I was fine with it since it got late in the night. The bathroom and the bed were outdated as well.
By 3 o'clock, I woke up and got my kids ready to go to Delta ticket counter. At 3:30 am, no bell man showed up. By 3:35 am, I called the front desk asking if the bell man is on his or her way. Jackie, the front desk lady, answered with a cranky unfriendly voice. She told me that no bellman is available until after 4 am, and she was not sure whom I had talked to. She was very cold, insensitive of my situation, and she did not offer any help. I asked her since there was no bell man, was there any cart that I can use for the luggages. She told me to come downstairs to look for one if it is available. I was shocked of the way she answered the phone and the attitudes that she have given me.
The only reason that I had booked this hotel because it was right inside the airport. I thought it would be convenience for us since we booked an early flight. I do not recommend or stayed at this hotel again. It is very poor customer service for a big name hotel and the price I had paid. I got no help and cold treatment attitude. I am glad that we did not missed our flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business and leisure travelers love Tampa Airport Marriott's convenient location within the Tampa Airport (TPA). Guests also appreciate that our newly renovated hotel in Tampa, Florida offers rooms with triple-paned glass and Marriott Revive bedding. We are proudly rated amongst Marriott's top 10 hotels for guest satisfaction, making us a best bet among Tampa International Airport hotels! For casual dining we offer the Skyye Coffee Bar, serving Starbucks or enjoy American cuisine from Café Elise. Enjoy the outdoor pool, on-site fitness center, and 18,000 square feet of event space for meetings, special events and weddings. Tampa Airport Marriott is near golf courses, Raymond James Stadium, International Plaza, Downtown Tampa and beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tampa Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Tampa Airport Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Marriott
- Tampa Airport Marriott Florida