“Love this hotel for early morning flights!”

Tampa Airport Marriott
Ranked #10 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Love this hotel for early morning flights!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Everything is the best at this hotel. The bellman sees me coming and meets me to take my bags. I ask for a flatbread pizza to be brought up to my room and it's there in 20 mins. I was traveling with my wife this time with extra bags and the bellman takes your bags for you to the airport ticket counter. So convenient and easy. Can't say enough about this hotel. I always stay the last night at this hotel for my early morning flights out.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Stefan_TPAAP, Assistant General Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
On behalf of the entire team at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for sharing you experience at our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in making those personal connections that create such a fantastic atmosphere in our hotel. With our wonderful staff adn perfect location our hotel is an ideal location for anyone with an early morning flight. We look forward to the next time you stay with us, we will be waiting for you at the lobby entrance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I'm flying out in the morning but I couldn't wait to post this review. This is a very nice hotel and it's connected to the Tampa International Airport. Great food options in the hotel and access to the shoppes and food options in the main terminal make this an easy place to stay. Rooms are very nice and I appreciate the requirement to use your room key to access the elevators to the hotel rooms. Friendly, accommodating staff and steps away from TSA. Hard to beat if you're flying out early like me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott. Without a doubt anyone with an early flight benefits greatly from staying so close with us. The departure experience for our guest is unbeatable. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent 2 nights in the Tampa/Clearwater area. First night was spent at another Marriott property in Clearwater--our business was in that area. Because we had an early flight out the next morning, we decided to stay the second night at the Marriott Tampa Airport--it was convenient & we wouldn't need to worry about getting up extra early for the drive to the airport, time spent turning in our rental car, etc. It was definitely more expensive to stay at this location. But convenience won us over. Our room was spacious; bathroom very clean. Towels were thick & soft. Queen beds were a little hard--but that is just our observation; obviously, different people prefer different things. We had a room which overlooked the runway and it was great watching the planes take off. There was absolutely NO noise from the planes, so they had incredible sound-proofing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the runway view. You will enjoy it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share you insight regarding your stay with us at the Tampa Airport Marriott. Our location certainly makes our hotel ideal for the busy traveler making their time a priority. We are pleased to hear that your overall impression of our hotel was a favorable one. We look forward to you next stay with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I needed a hotel location with easy access to several areas of the Tampa area for business calls. We only stay at marriott properties and we travel A LOT! This location is perfect ! We were upgraded to a beautiful suite overlooking the terrace pool ! I originally wanted to stay closer to the beach, but for our purposes this property worked best. Their pool was sunny with lush vegetation all over the terrace. Sooooo it wasn't hard to pretend we were in a resort instead of the airport property!! Food at the cafe was great! Employees great! And a special shout out for " Elisa" at the front desk and " Margot" the hostess on the concierge floor who treated us like we were guest in HER HOME!! Stayed 3 nights and will definitely stay again ! Marriott does it RIGHT!! LL17707

Room Tip: Always be pleasant! You get more with honey than you do with vinegar!!
Green Features: Marriott is so on board with environmentally- friendly practices, they have always been to my knowledge smoke free, and practiced water conservation at their properties for some time! I'm sure in many other not so obvious ways too!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share you wonderful experience with us at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We view ourselves as a “Travelers Oasis” so we are pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us! Elisa and Margit have been with us for many years and have been able to make many memories for our guest. Thank you once again for staying with us. We look forward to your next trip.
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Tampa Airport Marriott entire staff treated me with the courtesy and attention you expect from a fine hotel. The service and food was excellent and the atmosphere was friendly with all members of staff making me feel very welcome at all times. A special 'Thank you' to Yanette, Cheryl Ann, & Margit for your true professionalism and great conversation.

Lewis Durham
Platinum Member

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
On behalf of the entire team at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience with us during your recent stay. Yaneth, Margit and Cheryl Ann are just few of the many host at our hotel that make us an excellent choice while traveling through Tampa. We look forward to your next stay and the next conversation at our hotel.
FlyHorizon
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My flight had been delayed into the late evening so instead of risking a really late storm delay I chose to stay at the Marriott located right in the terminal in Tampa. I asked for a room overlooking the runway (I used to fly) and was given a lovely room.

What wasn't so lovely was the smell. I am someone who is sensitive so smells so I thought it was just me. I gave it my best effort over several hours but knew I wasn't feeling well being there. I called Guest Services and although busy, they soon sent someone up to take me to another room. Both the housekeeper and valet agreed that the room I was in didn't smell all that good.

The new room on the other hand was perfect! Great amenities especially the 2 part table/desk that I was able to use the next day to work. The bottom half slid out and could be positioned facing any direction. Of course, I faced out to the planes taking off and was able to work for several hours.

Checkout time was noon. I asked the lovely desk clerk if there was any way I could stay longer since my flight was that evening. She gave me til 2:30!! Even after I officially checked out, I got to stay in the lobby in a variety of locations including an outdoor space and a pool area.

The staff was exceptional both days. The bellman even took my bags down to check them in for me with the airline. I WILL stay there again when I fly into Tampa. Made what could have been a terrible delay effortless - even with that one bad room (not a reflection on them at all - I think someone in that room previously may have been ill).

Thanks Tampa Airport Marriott! You get a shining star for your great service!

Room Tip: If you like watching planes, ask for a runway view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience with us at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We would like to first off apologize that the initial room you received was not up to par. We are glad to hear that we were able to recover and make a favorable impression upon you. We hope to have you return to us in the near future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I can't say enough about the great service we received at this Marriott. I was traveling with my elderly mother, moving her and her belongings from Florida to California. This was quite a challenge for me but the staff at the hotel really went out of their way to help me. They put us in a room close to the elevator and took care of all of our belongings - including 4 huge boxes and 2 suitcases.
The best part of all was catching our flight the next morning. We were assisted by an employee named Scott V. who was so helpful. He got a wheelchair for my mother and walked with us and our luggage right up to the airport check-in area. This saved me so much time and confusion if I would have had to do it on my own. Got a good nights rest before our flight and had plenty of time to get to the gate. The hotel location is great for catching a flight and the employees were super!

Room Tip: I was quite surprised that we didn't hear any airport noise even though we could see the control...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Tampa Airport Marriott. Scott Vanhoose has been a great leader for us for many years and his service helps make a difference each and every day. Our location is one of our greatest assets especially the way our team is able to make traveling easier for our guest. We look forward to your next stay.