“Edith treated us like family”

Tampa Airport Marriott
Ranked #10 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel was such a deal and couldn't have been anymore convenient. All the staff had been very inviting but Edith was amazing. I am not one to write reviews unless the service was above and beyond. Edith went out of her way to make my family and I feel comfortable. I have never before met someone with such a positive outlook on life and of others. I just hope that she gets noticed for her hard work because Marriott would be crazy to lose an employee like that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Christine H, Senior Rooms Operation Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We are thrilled to hear that Edith treated you and your family with extra special care. Edith is a very special lady that makes our guests feel at home when they stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott. I am happy you experienced her care and the pride she takes in her job. You are right, we would be crazy to lose an employee like that!

Christine Horner

There are newer reviews for Tampa Airport Marriott

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This wonderful hotel never ceases to amaze me. We checked in after a long cross-country flight.
We had an awesome runway view. We set down our bags and we headed down to the bar for some drinks and dinner. We noticed an annoying buzzing noise in the room. We looked all around and couldn't locate the source of the noise. We went downstairs and mentioned it to a nice young lady who said she would have their team investigate it.
A few minutes later, we were approached at the bar by Deron Kauble from engineering. He located the source of the noise.....it was my electric toothbrush. Oops.
Devon was so gracious, and so quick with his investigation and follow-up.
We just love this hotel...largely due to wonderful staff members like Deron.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oxmyrsis
Christine H, Senior Rooms Operation Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

On behalf of the Tampa Airport Marriott we would like to thank you for your stay with us and the mention of Deron, one of our engineers. We take great pride in our staff here at Tampa Airport Marriott and we are very pleased to hear that Deron not only located the source of the problem but exceeded your customer service expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

After flying 20 hours from China, landing just after midnight, we were hoping to check right in and be asleep fast. The hotel is nice, but it is about few hundred meters walk from luggage area, a lot if you have tired kids and lots of luggage. I called for someone to help, phone at bottom of escalator to baggage claim (just to left) can reach them. 30 minutes later we had someone down there. He was very nice. We also had to change rooms once because no sofa bed as requests. Finally in bed at 230am, 2 hours after arrival, not what expect for airport hotel. But again, very nice people. Breakfast was ok, but our platinum status only got us cold breakfast, but was only 3$ up charge for hot buffet, kids free. Bit pricey, at 166, so might be just as convenient to book cheaper comparable hotel that has shuttle.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Christine H, Senior Rooms Operation Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your stay with us and we are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. We understand how stressful traveling late at night with children can be and we would like to apologize for the delay with assistance in baggage claim as well as your preferred room type with a sofabed not being held for you upon check-in. We value your Platinum Elite status with Marriott and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. If there is anything that I may do to further assist, please contact me directly - Christine Horner 813-998-3757.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We leapt off a plane from England and were happily checked into our room here within half an hour - for once the customs area was almost empty, cases arrived immediately and we walked the short distance from Terminal to the Hotel in a couple of minutes!!
Check in was quick, friendly and efficient and we were given a room on the 6th floor, conveniently close to the Consierge Lounge. We felt that whilst evening nibbles were somewhat limited, breakfast was excellent. I found that gluten free options for myself were extremely limited and had to rely heavily upon food that I brought with me. I was informed that they didn't have gluten free bread so went to the restaurant to enquire and they did find me some. There was no offer of sending me some up for breakfast on the next day so I had to go down again and beg some more. When I asked on the second day if the chef had anything gluten free that I could eat, I was informed that he had nothing to offer-again lucky I had my own food.The lack of consideration over the food was the only bugbare for me. In a world of increasing food allergies maybe they could look at this aspect. I'd have been thrilled with a bowl of hummus and some corn chips!! It's really not that hard and other Marriotts have been very helpful in this aspect.
Everything else was great. Room nice, bed very very comfortable- a lovely suprise as I have a bad back and frequently need a bedboard. Amy at Reception was most helpful in offering this if I needed it. The rooms were also immaculately and lovingly cleaned for us by Elsy Mo- great job, thank you. Nice pool area outside and a gym. Wifi free for Gold and Platinum reward members.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We are happy to hear your arrival experience to our hotel was uneventful and the location of your guestroom suited your needs. I understand that it may be frustrating when gluten free food options are not easily accessible aas well as other choices being limited in the concierge lounge. I'm sorry the concierge attendant did not have any other options for you to choose from. Please know that we will make every effort to offer gluten free items upon request as we have very knowledgeable chefs and it is our pleasure to help our guests determine what is suitable for their dietray needs. We appreciate your feddback about our staff from the front desk to housekeeping. We take great pride in our staff here at the hotel and we are thrilled you recognized that on your visit. Thank you again and we hope to see you stay with us again in the future.
Sincerely, Christine Horner

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stay here a couple times a year and am always impressed with the staff - professional, happy, knowledgeable and proactive! Keep up the good work! Rooms are typical Marriott - I like predictability and a great location. 10 minutes to a mall & great restaurants, 20 minutes to TPC. Check it out...if not completely satisfied, just ask for some help. They can fix problems vs. reading minds. I've always found this place to go above & beyond -

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your stay at The Tampa Airport Marriott. We are thrilled to hear that our staff exceeded your expecations! We consider our staff to be the most valuable in the Tampa Bay area and could not agree with you more about being professional, happy, knowledgeable and proactive. We are also very happy to hear that you consider our location very convenient for anyone traveling to the Tampa area. We hope to host you as our guest again in the future.
Sincerely, Christine Horner

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Just an average Joe but I know what regular hotels offer so I know what my money is worth. Have to pay for parking but only two floors of garage parking rest is outside parking. Have to pay to use wifi. Can ask for a fridge as a free service but can only put in 6 coke cans as the fridge they send you is smaller than my wife purse. Sliding doors to balcony do not open. No free breakfast and the prices for the amount of food made me apologize to the hotel for their insult. Their sandwich was literally regular slices of bread like for toast and some lunch meat and lettuce for 15$. Bottle of water for 5$ not even a 20oz. Pool was the size of two spas together. Bed was soft, a/c worked, room was sound proof enough the airplanes were noticeable when taking off but did get use to it but would not recommend to someone who require absolute quiet. Good quality TV though useless as they only have regular hotel channels. For the price this place is not even on the list of consideration ever again. It was like I was waiting for the cameras to jump out and say I been punked. I did stay the first night out of my 3 night reservation out of pity. I felt so sorry for this hotel. After the first night though I had to go get my money's worth and stayed elsewhere and just took the hit for canceling my reservation in the middle of it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stefan_TPAAP, Assistant General Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

We regret to hear of your disappointment in our hotel. We strive to provide all our guest with excellent customer service and value during their stay. It is truly unfortunate that your overall impression of our hotel was unsatisfactory. Price for valued paid is something that we very conscious of and thus have various offering for the budget traveler. We hope to have another opportunity to host you in the future in hopes of you experiencing a typical Tampa Airport Marriott stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located inside the airport, just a very short walk off the tram. We checked in around 1am and was excited to find out check out was 12N, so we were able to rest up. I booked through Southwest.com and played ahead of time. In was a little confused why at check out in had a bill then it was explained that they charge a resort fee. I am not sure why seeing as though you have to pay for Wi-Fi. I knew I was paying for Convenience when I booked so I didnt harp too much. When checking out in the morning it was just a short walk to pick up our rental car. The view from our room was cool, overlooking the airport so we could watch the planes. Overall very clean, great staff and definitly easily accessible.

• Stayed: June 2014
Stefan_TPAAP, Assistant Gerenal Manager at Tampa Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We are pleased to hear that your overall experience was a positive one. Regarding your resort fee? We at the hotel do not have a resort fee, if our team misinformed you in any way I would like to personally apoligize for the confusion. Please contact me directly at stefan.ritter@marriott.com so that I may assist you with a clarification. Once again thank you for staying with us and I look forward to speaking with you shortly.