To start out, I would say that I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating if our issue had been dealt with appropriately. It was super convenient after a long day of flying and was nice, clean and comfortable. We would have liked for this to be our usual hotel when we stop in Tampa on our way to visit relatives, but unfortunately we will not be staying in any Marriotts again.
We used the hotel's laundry bag to put our dirty clothes and hung that up in the closet.
Upon checking out, we forgot the bag. We called them within a few hours, once we realized it. The person that answered the phone said he would check and call back. No call.
So, I called again a few hours later and was told that the bag was not found but they would check again. No bag.
My husband then called and asked them to check because we knew it was in there and exactly what was in there and exactly where we left it. At this point, there were other guests in the room. But until then - NO ONE ELSE had been in the room except hotel staff. My husband (who is a honey badger) called the manager and when the manager didn't do anything, he asked to file a claim. Which he did. After some phone calls, we were finally offered a $100 credit with Marriott. This isn't acceptable. Our itemized list of stolen clothes came to over $200. This was the 1st day of our vacation and now we were without those clothes. And why would we want to stay at Marriott again? All they had to do was apologize right up front and either reimburse us for the clothes ( it was not like we were saying there was anything expensive in the bag ) or refund us our night's stay. A little good customer service goes a long way in keeping a customer for life. Instead, they lost a customer and will receive our word of mouth with is soured.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located inside the Tampa Airport (TPA), this newly renovated hotel offers an ideal location for business and leisure travelers. With triple-paned glass and the Marriott Revive bedding package, you will appreciate the complete overhaul to the guest rooms and bathrooms at this Tampa airport hotel. We are proudly rated amongst Marriott's top 10 hotels for guest satisfaction, making us a best bet among Tampa International Airport hotels! Enjoy amazing skyline views at our Tampa Airport hotel's rotating rooftop restaurant, The View at CK's, or experience the sophisticated Skyye Lounge in the Lobby. For casual dining we offer the Skyye Coffee Bar, serving Starbucks or enjoy American cuisine from Café Elise. Enjoy the outdoor pool, on-site fitness center, and 18,000 square feet of event space for meetings, special events and weddings. Marriott's Tampa Airport hotel is near golf courses, Raymond James Stadium, International Plaza, Downtown Tampa and beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotel.de, HRS and TravelUp so you can book your Tampa Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Tampa Airport Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Marriott
- Tampa Airport Marriott Florida