We've stayed here many times, but it had been about two years since our last stay. We arrived very late - 0130, but we were warmly greeted by the night manager and a trainee. Due to my status (Platinum for life in Marriott Rewards) I was given a corner "junior suite" on the 12th floor. We didn't hear any of the noise from the club across the street which was nice. I was given vouchers, valid for two, for continental breakfast on Saturday and Sunday since the concierge club was closed.
We had problems with the lack of hot water, again. It didn't matter if we were showering in the morning, afternoon, or evening - We had to let the water run for at least five minutes to get lukewarm water. Fortunately my husband doesn't like hot showers, so he would shower first and when it was my turn the water was finally hot. The walls of our room had marks on them and the paint just looked dingy, maybe it was the color that caused this. A lot of things in the hotel just looked dated.
We enjoy the pool area, but the deck looks a bit tired and the loungers need to be either cleaned or replaced. They are either dirty or have mold on them. The pool area was clean and the lawn care service was there the morning we were at the pool. The pool is indoor-outdoor and there is a gym adjacent to the pool. It has many pieces of equipment, as well as locker rooms.
We had breakfast one morning in the restaurant. I think the only customers were those who had been given vouchers for the continental breakfast. I liked that as soon as we went back to the buffet area someone came out to cook eggs to order. The buffet had the typical breakfast items. The only disappointment was the taste of the fruit. We had breakfast in the concierge lounge one morning. There was the usual - eggs, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc. The attendant in the evening was quite helpful when I was having problems getting the door open. The attendant in the morning cleared our used plates and glasses immediately.
When I checked out I let the front desk clerk know about the hot water issue, and let her know that we had the same issue during our last stay. She was apologetic and said that it does take several minutes to get hot water to the higher floors. That's a terrible waste of water, and I really think it's something other than being on a high floor as we've stayed at other properties on a high floor and never had the hot water issue we've had here at this property.
Staff members were friendly. Parking was free with ample spots. We like the hotel, staff, and pool, but the property does need some renovations, and something needs to be done about the hot water issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tampa Marriott Westshore is located in the heart of the Tampa Westshore business district, near top shopping, night life and restaurants all within walking distance. At your airport hotel in Tampa, Florida, convenience is yours as you're just minutes away from area beaches, Raymond James Stadium, International Plaza Mall, Westshore Plaza Mall, Tampa International Airport, and New York Yankees Spring Training at George Steinbrenner Field. Start your day with your favorite specialty coffee beverage at our Starbucks coffee bar in lobby. All of our hotel's newly renovated guest rooms are equipped to meet your every need with 2-line cordless telephones, personal voicemail, high speed internet access, and 32-inch LCD HDTV flat screen televisions with connectivity panel to provide guests with enhanced video and audio. Tampa Marriott Westshore sets the standard for hotels in Tampa, with an indoor/outdoor pool, Blue Bistro, over 13,000 square feet of meeting and event space on-site, all with renowned Marriott service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Tampa Marriott Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tampa Marriott Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Marriott Tampa
- Tampa Marriott Westshore Florida