“Average if travelling with kids”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Ranked #10 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
clare, michgian
“Average if travelling with kids”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I was VERY pleased with the guest service I received from Greg the GM, they were able to accommodate my family the day before we checked in, and we did receive a decent price on our Busch Garden/Seaworld tickets, however, If this is a Busch Gardens preferred hotel, I would say, stay someplace else. This hotel is 9 miles from Busch Gardens and they don't even offer a shuttle! It's $13 to park at Busch Gardens....way to offer service! NOT. There are no cartoon channels for children except for one which plays "King of the Hill" past 8pm the couch sofa was broken my husband was able to tweek it so the kids didn't fall through. After asking for more sausage for breakfast,We ate most of our breakfast before the sausage was replenished. There was only one lady running to refill everything at breakfast, while three other employees stood at the front desk and chatted. All the tables were dirty, and not enough chairs. The garbage can was overflowing. I don't consider myself a coffee snob, but the Wolfgang Puck blend they serve is like drinking watered down coffee.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
dl_nthg, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 28 March 2011
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your compliments regarding the great guest service that you received from our General Manager. Thank you also for recognizing the outstanding value that we offer on Busch Garden tickets and Busch Garden packages. I want to apologize that our breakfast hostess had a hard time keeping up with breakfast that morning. We had a large group in house that came down for breakfast around the same time and we were caught off guard. Nevertheless, we should have done better and we are sorry that we let you down. I appreciate your suggestions regarding TV channels for kids. While we do have the Cartoon Network and PBS channels, as well as Nintendo in all of our guest rooms, we will definitely look at bringing in additional TV stations for kids. I will attempt to contact you directly to get your specific suggestions.
Best Regards,
David L. - Managing Partner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I stayed here had a few issues, but they were quick to fix them! I found this website to rate hotels, so I decided to wright a review. Thing no one really ever cares or reads them. Little did I know the next day after wrighting the review, the owner of the hotel emailed me about my review. I was shocked! Now thats what I call customer service. They did everything and more to make everything right. I'm so happy with the service, I'm going back forsure!! Thanks to the awesome team at Wingate for taking the time to make things right! And doing so much more then expected!

• Stayed February 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 1 February 2011

-Staff was extremely friendly and helpful
-There were plenty of ammenities for the price - delicious hot breafast, computer lab, cocktail hour, fitness center, jacuzzi
-The hotel was clean and well kept
-The rooms were very spacious, with a separate sitting area with couch and desk
-The toiletries were high-quality (Neutrogena)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Aix-en-Provence, France
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Good location (next to freeway, but not noisy) if activities are focused in North Tampa. Good road access and good parking. Not a romantic location. Nearby (walking distance) commercial area, bars and restaurants are typical American offerings, with some ethnic variations. No interesting tourist attractions within walking distance. Hotel night receptionist very friendly and courteous. Breakfast of average industrial quality and standard fare, with little fresh food/fruits on offer. Room heating/cooling unit located next to bed and very noisy when automatically turning off and on at irregular intervals. Unable to turn off unit completely. No window opening to let in fresh air. Bedside lighting not independent of doorway switches. No in hotel restuarant except for breakfast area, and therefore no room food service. Exercise area average to minimal. In room coffee/tea bags not always replenished each day. Free Wi-fi use effective but requires frequent reloading. Checkout efficient and correct.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank micleroi
Barre, Vermont
Reviewed 27 January 2011

From the moment I walked in this hotel the level of customer service was amazing. From complimentary breakfast to complimentary happy hour and everything in between the amenities and quality cannot be beat!
A MUST STAY IN TAMPA!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Merseyside, England
Reviewed 30 November 2010

...a really lovely hotel, everything was above par except the attitude of the guy at the front desk who saw fit to reprimand me for daring to book through a third party instead of direct with the brand....why allow the hotel to be sold by agents if they don't want people to book through them???? - next time I'm in Tampa I will try somewhere else just for this reason alone....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank helen68
GM-New-Tampa, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, 22 December 2010
Dear Miss Helen:
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel titled "Exceptional value for money". Your comments are helpful to us. I do want to apologize that a member of our staff did not perform up to our expectations regarding how you booked your reservation. We have used your review as 'coaching opportunity' and thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Best Regards,
Greg T. (GM)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Had a 30 day stay due to home repairs and it turned out to be the closest thing to being in our home. What a great experience ! The hotel, amenities and location were fantastic but the real difference maker was THE STAFF !!! From General Manager Greg Trigilia to front desk and kitchen staff , Hany, Sheila ,Greg ,Juliana and Lisa and all the entire staff , we were made to feel as if we were the only people staying at the hotel ! It was the attention to our personal comfort that made the month away from home seem like a well planned vacation. It was that " whatever you need and sincere friendliness" that has us recommending Wingate Tampa North , your home away from home !!!!!! Doug and Sandy Claxton

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple